ID: 32825 (AEG-VFC-MK17CQC-B)
Hover or touch above to zoom
Add to Cart Add to Wishlist
Exempt From Coupons
No Coupon Required Features Fully Licensed by FN Herstal Aluminum Upper Receiver with Metal Barrel Assembly Nylon Reinforced Polymer Lower Receiver 6-Position Retractable Stock and Stock Folds for Easy Transport with Comfortable Rubber Buttpad and Adjustable Cheek Riser Ambidextrous Selector Switch, Magazine Release, and Charging Handle Flip-up Front and Rear Sights Full Length Top Rail for Optics and Front Rail System for Tactical Accessories Battery Wiring Hidden in Stock FPS Range: 370-400 Color: Black Specifications: Length:
TBA (Folded / Adjustable)
500rd Hi-Capacity. Works with VFC and other compatible SCAR-H Series Airsoft AEG Magazines
Ver 2 Full Metal, Fully Upgradeable
Gun, Magazine, Manual
9.6v Small Type NiMH / 7.4v Small Type LiPoly recommended (Battery not included)
Cybergun / FN Herstal (VFC)
About Cybergun / Spartan Mil/LE
Cybergun is the world leader in designing and distributing replica dummy weapons for video game aficionados, sport or outdoor shooting, and collectors.
(Write a review) "This is my first airsoft and it the model literally taught me about the Scar platform. The gearbox could use an upgrade though. "You want "PROs" and "CONs" look at other reviews for those. I will be talking about internals and battery selection.
So let me start off by saying I initially did not like this gun. I mean, what had really happened was I lacked the battery power to get this thing running properly. I got it out of a BOA so I thought it was defective when it would not work with the SUGGESTED 7.4V battery. Boy was I wrong... and so was Evike's recommendation for at least one of the batteries you could use in this. So that frustrated me, but I actually like this thing now that I know how to get it working.
I got the Scar H CQC model. Some quick specs that matter to all you upgraders:
- 275mm inner barrel length (I will be swapping that out with a 280mm long 6.03mm tightbore inner barrel)
- Hop up feels cheap, but I bet with just the tightbore inner barrel, this thing will run like a dream. Just know you are really paying for the externals (super solid btw).
- 14mm negative threads (when you get to them) I somehow could not remove just the orange tip itself but got the orange tip AND barrel extension at the same time. Woo.
- Rear iron sight is a bit of a pain to work with. Maybe buy a different one.
- Expect to use a 9.6V battery at a MINIMUM.
- My ambi selector switch stopped working on the right side. I can probably fix it, but just know it was not working the best to begin with.
I used an 8.4V to test fire the gun and it locked up a couple of times on semi auto. Switch to full auto, fire off a dozen rounds, and then switch back to semi and it works alright. Don't expect to spam the trigger. Evike's product page recommends the usage of a 7.4V battery. DON'T BELIEVE THAT.
I ordered an 11.1V 1200mAh and 9.6V 1600mAh batteries to get the motor to actually turn over.
All in all, a solidly built AEG, but BUY A MORE POWERFUL BATTERY. An 11.1V will turn the motor over great.
BTW: A 7.4V only got my motor to turn over on FULL AUTO. Also, mid caps are an especially bigger pain to find. Additionally, high cap mags are becoming to find as well.
- Buy a SCAR L because the mag availability and compatibility are way better. Yeah, the Scar H is pretty sweet, but mags for the Scar L have more compatibility and are WAY easier to find. Get the VFC version OR the Cybergun version, which is $80 less. Whichever floats your boat. Both are made solidly and great choices. Where they differ is the wiring in their respective stocks, and if VFC is consistent in their motor/gearbox production, the VFC Scar L will need more POWER, while the Cybergun does not need as much. "First let me say this has been my dream gun ever since I started playing airsoft. I bought this after Christmas and though it took a while to process the order it got here relatively quickly. That doesn't have much to do about the performance so lets get into it. When I got it, it was well packaged everything was where it should be and it had a nice smell. When I picked it up it was heft just as it should be everywhere that is meant to be metal is metal and everywhere that is supposed to be polymer was polymer. That weekend I took it out to the field and chronoed at around 381 with .20's. It has a really good trigger response and feeds really well in both full auto and semi with the VFC midcaps. I has a very good maximum range even with no hop adjustment but with the hop up adjusted just right it was a laser out to 235. Now for pros and cons.
plenty of rail space
comes with iron sights
tightbore barrel out of the box
it's a scar H
eats through batteries
not a lot of battery space
could be pro or con goes through a full 500 real quick
hop up could be better( will be switching it out for a rotary style)
If you can't afford The NGRS scar H but still wanna be like Alfonse this is the perfect gun for you. Read More Reviews Write a Review
Cybergun FN Herstal Licensed Full Metal SCAR Heavy Airsoft AEG Rifle by VFC (Model: CQC / Black) with your friends and fellow Evike.com shoppers!
Have an urgent question about this item? Contact us, our resident experts are standing by to answer your questions!
California Proposition 65
Warning: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov