About the MKII System:
- Heavy duty aluminum receiver w/ weather resistant anodized finish & laser engraved Salient Arms International trademarks
- Ultra-light weight design; vent-ribbed barrel w/ porting & high visibility fiber optic shotgun front sight
- Authentic Magpul MOE M870 stock and fore-end; aggressive stippling on forearm and stock for an absolute no-slip grip
- Steel action bars for smoother cycling and improved durability; improved steel lift-gate; heavy duty steel extractor; reinforced aluminum trigger guard
- Pre-installed +2 shot shell extension for 6+1 shell capacity
- Custom CNC machined anodized aluminum bolt w/ laser engraved SAI trademarks
- Easy fill gas-in-bolt design eliminates time consuming process of filling individual shells (7-8 shots per gas fill); a single 88g CO2 canister can refill shotgun up to 10 times
- Capable of mixing and matching shell loads per-user preference. Can fire up to 12x 6mm BBs with one pull of the trigger w/ realistic shot patterning; resembles standard defensive loads; realistically ejects and loads shells like an actual pump-action shotgun
The CA870 Shotgun by APS has proven itself to be one of the most favored Airsoft shotguns on the market; revered for its realistic operation and construction, the APS CAM870 quickly became the go-to Airsoft shotgun for players looking for immersion. After listening to the feedback of Airsofters and industry professionals, APS went back to the drawing board to make the CAM870 even better.
The result is the CAM870 MKII. Identical in exterior design and build quality, the CAM870 MKII retains all of the hallmarks of the original CAM870 such as the pump action and shell ejecting action. APS however, has entirely redesigned the CAM870 gas system for the MKII system. Instead of using a complicated charging rig and having to charge each individual shotgun shell, the MKII gas system holds the gas in the bolt, requiring the user to only have to charge the bolt, reducing time spent loading and cost of shells. This convenient new system allows players to quickly top off their shotgun with a gas charge on the field with portable CO2 canisters (approximately 7-8 shots per full fill; 50~ shots off a single 88g CO2 canister).
Salient Arms International (SAI), a cutting edge and innovative forerunner in the firearms industry based out of Las Vegas, Nevada, provides expert gun smith services for a wide range of firearms. Catering to the demanding requirements of Military, Law Enforcement, Civilian, and even Competition Shooters; Salient Arms Int. identifies a weapons weaknesses and shortcomings and provide problem solving solutions to push the envelope of performance out of each weapon system. Bringing out the full potential of each weapon system provides the user with a huge advantage as well as boosted confidence in situations where seconds can mean the difference between success and failure, winning or losing.
Evike Manufacturing Group (EMG) is the R&D division of Evike.com which specializes in high end training and custom weapons. EMG works directly with the real firearm manufacturers to make accurate, high quality training versions of their weapons. With professional Military & Law Enforcement training in mind, EMG strives to make sure each firearm is true-to-spec in form and function as possible. Individually hand assembled and Quality Control tested right here in the USA, great care is taken under the strict scrutiny of EMG technicians to ensure each gun will stand up to the rigors of real training.
A collaboration project between EMG and SAI, the Salient Arms M870 training shotgun feels and functions just like its real-life counterpart. Based on the APS shot shell system, each shot shell has its own self-contained propellant charge as well as the users choice of load. This unique system allows the training weapon to be loaded and cycled like an actual pump action shotgun; complete with tactical reloads, transitioning from one shell type to another, and shot patterning like that of defensive loads.Materials:
Steel, Aluminum, High Impact Polymer, RubberLength:
~280 FPS Per BB (Measured w/ 0.20g BBs and Co2)Magazine:
6+1 shells Gas Type:
88g Co2 Cartridge RecommendedFiring Modes:
Safe / FireSystem:
Gas, Pump ActionHopup:
No Hopup, No Inner BarrelPackage Includes:
Shotgun, 2x shells, CO2 chargerManufacturer:
EMG / Salient Arms International
The EMG vision is to manufacture products the world have never seen before, products we would put our names on it, and products that hits the spot! "EMG" (Evike Manufacturing Group) is spawned from the realization that if you want something done exactly the way you want it, you need to do it yourself and we did just that.
We took our 16 years of knowledge as the market's lead retailer, our network of 300+ superior manufactures, we work with top innovators in the firearm industry who inspires, combined with the vision to invest into the Airsoft industry we believe in, EMG was born.
About SAI - Salient Arms Intl
Salient Arms International (SAI) is dedicated to providing elite weaponry to customers who expect only the very best in both accuracy and performance. Whether they are military, law enforcement, civilian, or competition shooter, we will provide them with cutting edge products that they can rely on.SAI prides itself on applying an out-of-the-box approach to industry problem-solving. We identify and address a weapon's shortcomings and then strive to create an improved and completely unique platform. Our approach to aesthetic design follows a very similar course. SAI places performance at the forefront of all its designs and that emphasis on performance creates a truly remarkable and striking firearm for the end user.We at SAI believe that a weapon designed around performance instills confidence in its user. That confidence can mean the difference between success or failure, winning or losing, and even life or death.
California Proposition 65 Warning: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
(Write a review)
"I'm rating the gun here, not Evike. I had issues w/ them but that's not the gun.
I guess I'll just go through a pros and cons list as everybody else does.
- Absolutely beautiful. Every part you stare at looks perfect. Feel of everything is super great too.
- 6+1 shell capacity is pretty great
- Reloading wasn't as bad as I had figured
- Shells are pretty durable
- Accessories! Stock extensions, shell catcher, Co2 charger, 2 shells, and 50 wads/toppers included in box
- Range is good for a gun of this type
- Occasional jams but almost every time is solved by bringing the bolt back most of the way and forward again, chambering the shell correctly. Could be more learning curve as well.
- Magazine tube sometimes stops the loading of shells after 4 shells. Rack the bolt back/forward and load the rest of the shells and it's good (though you shouldn't have to do this at this price)
- $550. Like sheesh. That's a lot, but for someone like me who was obsessed with it, it was worth it
- Co2 works for about 7-10 shells for me after a full fill, which is more than what the gun holds so I see no issue with that
- Shells aren't as pricey as previous generation APS shotguns
"I been a proud owner of one of these for a year now and I have to say this is among the most practical training tool there is. The new updated version making the gas charging much better is amazing!
If you are in the market for the best Airsoft shotgun, the most realistic Airsoft shotgun, or simply the best looking AIrsoft shotgun, look no further!
P.S: Convert yours to an MKII if you have the old version!
I just got mine today and I have to say that EMG/SAI collaboration knocked it out of the park yet again! This for me is a more "playable" version of this shotgun simply because it's a LOT lighter than the steel version and a LOT cheaper too. Believe me, I have one. Externally, both guns look alike aside from the green and red fiber optic sights. This aluminum version is more of a Player's shotgun than a Collector's shotgun. It's tons of fun to play with and it's as real as it gets. This is based off of an APS shell ejecting shotgun, so all APS shells will work. The shells hold approximately 12 bbs and it has no hopup. Great for CQB games but not preferable for field games. The shotgun came in a dark gray box which also included 2 shells with SAI logo, C02 shell charger, Magpul butt stock extension, Shell cups, Magpul sticker, Shell catcher and a Front rail adapter. No paper toppers though for some reason.
Overall, highly recommended to all Shotgun players who are looking for a top notch quality shotgun and realism. The price is reasonable especially because there's tons of extras included already, which if bought separately would cost about $100. But most especially, If you're a fan of Salient Arms International, you just gotta have this. It's well worth the price.