"This AEG was a recent purchase, so far I am very satisfied with it. This is a very solid rifle, I agree this is a total BAMF. Very close to the real M4/AR-15, it feels and weights like the real thing, just a solid AEG all around. Shooting with it really feels very good, it's not BB but still there is something inside the buffer tube that it kicks a little, this is impressive. Almost everything is metal, the rail covers are design specifically for this rifle, they are a little different compared to other ribbed rail covers. Some other brands don't fit as well.
Shooting with it is just excellent, it feels so good, you just make sure you can handle the weight, considering it's mostly metal it is not light weight, like I said feels and weights just so close to the real thing. Also, it's very accurate, I was very surprised with its accuracy, I was able to hit a 17oz plastic bottle from about 25 - 30 feet every single time.
I have made some upgrades/add-ons, if you're not a purist these are some things or changes I would recommend. I attached/added the following:
- AIM Sports Real Shooter Rubber Stock Shoulder Pad for M4 / CAR-16 LE Stock (29644). This makes the stock so much easier to use on your shoulder and also comfortable.
- APS 300rd U-Mag Hi-Capacity Magazine for M4 / M16
- Military Grade High Grade AR-15 / M4 / M16 Carrying Handle Scope Mount Base (25626), this was, so I can attach a sight, I have used an Acog Red/Green dot also a 30mm Reflex Red/Green dot sight. It just looks really BAMF with either of them.
- I also used a different PEQ-15 battery box. The PEQ box that came in the box it's horrible, so I bought a smaller PEQ box, similar to the Matrix PEQ-15, (I just bought it from another store). If you are going to go this way, make sure you get just the PEQ-15 box with no laser, this helps to use a Matrix 7.4V PEQ Type Airsoft Small LiPo Battery, this one fits perfectly and overall looks so MUCH better, beyond comparison, I wish I could upload some pics to show off because with all these upgrades it's just so damn good-looking. If you get a PEQ box make sure it's just the PEQ box without a laser light, otherwise the battery (for the rifle) won't fit inside when you install the battery for the laser light.
- Switched the orange muzzle for an original one for the M4, and,
- Sometimes I switch between the Matrix Short Grenade launcher and a Magpul angled foregrip, depending on the use I switch back and forth between these two.
- Solid, very solid,
- Accurate, very impressive
- Well made, maybe from the box you just made need to make sure everything is tight, in my case the ring in the buffer tube was a bit loose, but I made it really tight and done.
- Easy to attach/detach other accessories, makes it so tactical.
- I havenâ€™t checked the FPS, but honestly this thing is a total beast, so I wouldnâ€™t doubt in a second about this.
- PEQ box itâ€™s worse than a joke, horrible in my opinion. They should rethink this option.
- In my opinion, in general, the design for the battery in the front is flawed, I donâ€™t mean for this rifle specifically nor electrically, but as for its design, meaning, there are so many other rifles where they have the wire to the back in the buffer tube and, you are able to use buffer tube batteries. Whether a stick type Lipo or stick type Nimh, there are so many options for buffer tube batteries, and I donâ€™t believe for a second this cannot be considered when designing a rifle so fricking good as this one. I have other rifles where I donâ€™t use a crane stock, I use an LE Stock and, I have a battery inside the buffer tube with an LE Stock, this is something they should consider, so we have options, options ppl options, this way we donâ€™t get stuck with horrible PEQ box for battery use. I think it would be better for manufacturers and retailers to make even a little more $$ if you design and sell your own PEQ box or just send the wires to the back of the rifle.
Overall, by far this is an amazing rifle, I cannot believe this is for starters, feels very real and there are so many things you can do to it and with it, if you are and original M4 Carbine & Tactical lover, then this is the one for you, you canâ€™t go wrong with it, just keep in mind you have to get use to its weight, itâ€™s not super heavy but not super light either. If you can live with the idea of the PEQ box it comes with, or you want to swap for a different, you will be very happy and wonâ€™t get disappointed.