ID: 49006 (Vest-DFPC-BK)
Hover or touch above to zoom
MAP ProtectedExempt From Coupons
- Adjustable shoulder strap with detachable shoulder pads
- Heavy weight webbing over the entire vest for modular attachments
- Internal sleeves for both soft armor and plate front and back
- Adjustable/detachable cummerbund with pockets for side armor, will fit up to 6" x 8" side panel plate
- Plate pocket measures 13-1/4"H x 10-1/4"W x 1"D
- Emergency drag handle
- Lightly padded mesh interior for comfort and airflow
- Hook & Loop area in front and back
Heavy duty nylon fabricManufacturer:
Condor Outdoor founds its beginnings early on as a camping goods manufacturer. The earlier days of the company were more focused on getting people out into nature and experiencing the wonder of the outdoors. As our product line expanded, the demand for function focused gear instead of general storage became more prevalent and as the War on Terror started we could not keep up with the demand for our products.Our quality and price of the 3-day Assault Pack drew so much attention that it became the heart of our tactical product line. From here we've expanded from camping vests to tactical vests, and expanding the product offering to equip warfighters, law enforcement, and hunters with quality and affordable gear.
(Write a review)
"I absolutely love the Condor Defender Plate Carrier, it has tons of molle space, and velcro space for patches. The thing fits like a glove, I haven't even had to adjust it yet, and I don't think I will.
No cons that I can think of. Overall great buy.
"Great Plate carrier for big guys. I'm 6'2" 295 lbs and this thing covers me from mid chest level all the way down to my waste. No more getting shot in the stomach sides and back anymore. It is a little stiff when you first get it but work it in and it will loosen up in no time.
Tons of molle space
Great for big fellas
Easy to adjust
A little heavy once you got it loaded but it is for bigger guys
Needs to be broken in as it is kinda rigid but will loosen up with time
Not for small people
No front pouch/flap like most carriers have.
1. Lots of real estate.
2. The vest is pretty large, so it's good for large guys. Minimum height recommendation: 5'11.
3. Good for real world use, in certain situations (read "Thoughts" down below)
4. Better use for the winter.
5. A major "Pro" for me is cost. For what you pay, you get a lot of vest. I'm actually surprised Condor made any money off of it but then again: Outsourcing.
6. It has side plate pockets built in
1. Better for larger folks. Below 5'11 the more the vest will sag to the point it becomes a burden.
2. Shoulder straps because of how they're designed, will dig into your traps (shoulders/neck area). If you want this vest because you need a lot of pouches on it, the greater the weight, the greater the dig into the meat of your traps. Imagine someone pressing the blade of their hand down into your trap muscles. You run the risk of prolonged muscle strain. It is like this because Condor made the straps with foam inserts that are too firm, possibly a closed cell foam instead of open cell foam.
3. It does not work in conjunction with a ruck sack. Another issue with Con #2 is that because of the shoulder straps being thickly padded the way they are, it will conflict with the padded shoulder straps of your ruck. Translation: It will cause the Defender vest to bow outwards in the middle, leaving a gap at least a fist thick between the vest and your chest.
4. To my knowledge as of this date, Condor doesn't have an attachment for a groin plate. Not much of a con but for a geardo like me, I think it would rock.
I'm 6'0, 225 pounds and have a 44" chest and a 39" belly. The Defender fits just enough after I've tightened it as much as I can reasonably tighten it. I've worn the vest to both an indoor CQB and an outdoor woodland event. I found that it did okay for me during CQB and was unnecessary for outdoor woodland since it was a hot day. The shoulder straps did put a lot of weight down on my shoulders and after a few hours of game play I ended up ditching it. However if you know someone with tailoring skills, you can get them to cut the padding out and then stitch the straps back together. Be prepared to sweat as the vest is manufactured with a lot of fabric and nylon and because of this, I recommend it to be used under the following circumstances:
- If you're taking up a more stationary position.
- If you spend most of your time in a vehicle.
- Winter time with the vest over thicker clothing.
- As part of a Juggernaut impression if you get to be a Juggy for a game.
Discuss about Condor Defender Plate Carrier (Color: Black) with your friends and fellow Evike.com shoppers!
Comment or answer questions for a chance to win awesome prizes.
Details can be found on the Evike.com Facebook page.
Remember to check "Also post on Facebook" when commenting to qualify for the giveaways!
Have an urgent question about this item? We monitor these comments daily, but it may be faster to email us directly or call us at (626) 286-0360. Our resident experts are standing by to answer your questions!
California Proposition 65 Warning: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov