- G&P billet style aluminum alloy upper and lower receivers
- 17" keymod handguard with full length top rail accepts all popular keymod accessories and allows for integration of a wide variety of optics
- Integrated Polarstar JACK HPA engine with custom built gearbox shell
- Receiver integrated adjustable regulator allows for easy installation of a 13 cubic inch HPA tank
- Custom designed stock and adapter fit over 14ci tanks with the same functionality of the traditional adjustable stock
- Ambidextrous magazine release
- Front and rear flip up sights
- Eliminates the need for bulky regulators or easily tangled HPA lines
G&P, a leader in the AEG market and PolarStar, the leader in the HPA market have joined forces to bring a new type of HPA powered Airsoft gun to the market. The R3, the result of their collaboration, makes HPA easy to use. Gone are the massive external tanks and long, awkward hoses. The R3 offers a complete, all in one, integrated HPA solution. G&P and worked directly with Polarstar to develop the R3s gearbox shell, designing it for use with the Polarstar JACK HPA system. Inside the receiver of the gun sits the JACK unit, as well as the adjustable regulator. To supply air, only simply screws a 13ci tank into the rear of the receiver, adjusts the regulator, installs the stock and the gun is ready to use. Whether you are an HPA veteran or a new comer to the work of HPA Airsoft guns, the R3 provides all the performance of the Polarstar experience, paired with the convenience and aesthetics of a G&P AEG.Length:
800mm - 880mm, AdjustableWeight:
130rd Golfball Textured Polymer Mid-Cap. Works with Tokyo Marui, Matrix, G&P and other compatible M4 / M16 Series Airsoft AEG MagazinesMuzzle Velocity:
380 FPS variable with PSI adjustmentsThread Direction:
Polarstar JACK HPA engineEstimated Shots:
600-900 shots per tank (depending on settings)Fire Modes:
7.4v 380mAh, connected via JST plugHopup:
Yes, AdjustablePackage Includes:
Rifle, Vertical Grip, Stock, tank adapterManufacturer:
FPS Range: 380-440
California residents click here for Proposition 65 warning
G&P is among the oldest Military-simulation and training Airsoft manufacturers in the world. Started as a top combat light provider for law enforcement and military agencies around the world, G&P branched into Airsoft manufacturing with the same belief to never sacrifice quality for lower price. Their motto is visible on every G&P product. Every G&P AEG rifle is hand assembled and individually fine-tuned by top technicians in the industry to match G&P's unparalleled quality and reputation. G&P utilizes CNC precision machining and real-steel finish/coating processes on many of their products.
PolarStar Precision Airsoft was formed in January 2009 to fill a need for high quality, precision manufactured airsoft components designed for performance and longevity.
The 2011 release of the patented Fusion Engine HPA system marked a change in direction for PolarStar. The focus shifted from developing upgrade components within the constraints of existing systems to developing innovative HPA systems and accessories which replace the aging AEG technology.
PolarStar Airsoft is a division of PolarStar Engineering & Machine (PSE&M), a unique blend of tenured American toolmakers and a full service CAE/CAD/CAM (Computer Aided Engineering, Design, and Manufacturing), special crafts machine shop keeping alive our proud manufacturing heritage of “Made in the USA”. Founded in 1997, PSE&M began by servicing the automotive racing industry through the design and producing systems and components from “art to part.” Operating under the auspices of the Delaware Association of Professional Engineers, we retain a Professional Engineer (P.E.) on staff to ensure and certify all design and engineering standards are met. In addition to our own product line, PolarStar also offers engineering and manufacturing services tailored to the airsoft industry.
(Write a review)
"Bought this January of this year. luv this gun! By far the best airsoft gun i have ever owned! Just a word of advise .. convert it to run a tank on your back.. instead of 500 shots , you'll get 2,200 shots. I ordered a stock replacement with the quick connect built into it to run a tank on my back.
"Pros hpa built solid shoots great i run it with atank and a remote with no stock i keep the stock setup for a back up. only a few things i didnt like but its just my opinion
Cons plastic charging handle
The ejection door doesnt close due to the jack
Threads were striped off the end of the barrel
"We just got our R3 DMR yesterday. There are virtually no other reviews I can find on the new R3 products from G&P.
Let's start with the Cons (from a newb, like me):
- There is no information available on these guns yet (and they were announced 6 months ago)
- It's not clear exactly what you need to get setup with HPA with these guns
- The instructions that come with the gun are lacking, which is not a big deal, but because there is no other info available online, it's a bit frustrating. There are no instructions on how to setup the Polarstar for an M4 - it contains the basic Jack instructions that support a 3 selector system. There is no info on how to set the PSI. There is no info on what settings work well with a stock setup - FPS, dwell, PSI, etc.
- With a 13ci tank, the shortest stock setting is still a long reach for me (5'8").
The Pros (so far):
- Quality is the best I've seen of any gun from G&P or KWA. The upper/lower receiver looks to be a CNC version. You might quibble about the style, but the build is excellent.
- The 13ci tank was trivial to install, it's a brilliant/obvious concept. I don't understand why it's new. All HPA guns should do it this way.
- The R3 hardware is solid. The collar that holds the tank to the receiver seems engineered to take a lot of abuse.
- The regulator is built in
- The inner barrel is full length, ~17"
- Iron sights are excellent. Metal, super heavy duty, easy to use.
- Uses the normal G&P hopup unit, which works well.
- Trigger response is what you'd expect from a Polarstar - it's incredible.
- We were shooting ~50 RPS without feeding issues...but only a couple mags full so far.
- Everything looks like standard M4 AEG parts (minus the buffer and stock).
I can't comment on accuracy. With the little time I've spent with it, it seems good - but I need to sight it in with some heavier bbs.
If you're just getting into HPA, this is all I needed to buy to make it work:
- 13ci mini tank with SLP
- Scuba tank (I got mine locally) to fill up the 13ci tank. A compressor would work better since you can't get more than about 2800psi from a scuba tank, and that drops quickly as you use it up. I'm told a 13ci tank is good for 700-1000shots. We'll see.
- Scuba filler
- 7.4v 250-380mAh battery + charger.
Discuss about G&P / Polarstar Full Metal M4 R3 HPA Powered Airsoft Rifle (Length: 17 Keymod Handguard) with your friends and fellow Evike.com shoppers!
Comment or answer questions for a chance to win awesome prizes.
Details can be found on the Evike.com Facebook page.
Remember to check "Also post on Facebook" to qualify for the giveaways!
Have an urgent question about this item? We monitor these comments daily, but it may be faster to email us directly or call us at (626) 286-0360. Our resident experts are standing by to answer your questions!