I just got my svd 2 today. This gun is freaking amazing. I had a laundry list of mods waiting for its arrival.
Stock on .20's I was shooting 465-480fps. I didn't clean the barrel as I had a Promy waiting to install. Which I believe accounts for the wide variances in fps. Yes it was dirty after removing it. With the gun perfectly stock I was able to hit a smallish pine tree consistently at 150 feet. Granted the wind was over 15mph and I was shooting .20's.
The stock trigger assembly is all metal and should suffice for some time even modded. The stock hop was very serviceable, albeit not user friendly as you have remove the top cover and then use a small allen to adjust it. The airsoft pro unit can be adjusted by hand once the gun is cocked without removing anything. The stock bucking delivered decent consistency out of the box. I was pleasantly surprised.
Here are the mods I installed. All purchased from airsoftpro.cz as they have solid svd parts.
1. Airsoft pro Hopup with G&G green bucking
2. Prometheus 550mm 6.03 barrel
3. Airsoft Pro piston
4. Airsoft Pro cylinder
5. AIrsoft cylinder head
6. Progressive m160 spring
7. Airsoft Pro spring centering pin-I had to mod this by drilling it out to use it. I believe it was based off of the a&k svd 1. the the svd2 I received had a much different centering pin. I drilled out the airsoft pro piece and used it as well. This parts adds distance to the spring and ended me with higher than intended fps.
8. I did not install the airsoft pro piston latch, as the stock latch is metal..I will use it till it breaks
Mods I am still waiting for arrival
1. The silencer adapter-I went with a shorter barrel and cut the outer barrel down as I wanted a shorter gun, I also cut the hand grip down as well. After the silencer is installed the gun will be almost 10" shorter.
2. Airsoft pro inner barrel retainer. The stock one has only two grub screw holding it together. Those two grub screws support the whole outer/inner barrel essentially.
After the aforementioned mods the gun was shooting 579 fps with no hop up applied. I am allowed 3.5 joules for my field limit so this is acceptable. I was aiming for 550 fps. Fps variance wass 2-5 fps /- I am using the $20 ak/svd mount and the 3-12x40 scope both from evike. This gun is a [email protected]
#! sniper that is easy to work on with great performance out of the box. Stock the cocking pull is fairly strong , after the install I was very glad I purchased the cocking lever extender.
TLDR-Just buy this freaking thing! You won't be sorry and you won't be like every other sniper sporting a vsr!