ID: 10937 (AEG-GG-MBR-308-BNB-NCM)
Hover or touch above to zoom
Optic not included
This item is currently
Sold Out Email Me When In Stock Add to Wishlist
Exempt From Coupons
No Coupon Required Features Machined aluminum alloy receiver, barrel assembly and Keymod handguard 16" M-LOK handguard allows user to easily add any M-LOK compatible accessories, providing the user the ability to fill multiple roles Full metal G2 gearbox features a high torque motor, 8mm bushings and bearings, quick change spring guide as well as an inline wired MOSFET The G2 MOSFET provides the user the ability to program 3 or 5 round bursts, as well as acts as a low battery indicator Translucent .308 style magazine features a cut off follower that stops the gun from firing once it is empty Full length 20mm accessory rail allows for easy addition of optics and other accessories Adjustable stock allows for a customizable length of pull as well as a comfortable cheek weld Manufacturer: G&G FPS: 400 Color: Black Length:
858mm - 946mm (adjustable)
40 rounds. Compatible with G&G G2 .308 style magazines
Ver 2 G2 Full Metal, Fully Upgradeable
7.4V Small LiPo Type recommended (Battery not included. Wired to buffer tube with Deans connector)
Gun, Magazine, Manual
Established in Taiwan in 1986, G&G has always been determined to make the highest quality Airsoft products. G&G continues to find new designs, better materials, and innovative systems to make our products stronger and more competitive. We always focus on customer's needs and we believe that a high-quality product is the best sales pitch.It is our continual goal that our customers can enjoy the best possible experience using our products, and we strive to deliver the best quality product as the key to our success.
(Write a review) "Pros:
+ A fantastic platform for a DMR despite needing some OOTB upgrades to be a proper DMR. The inner barrel is relatively long compared to a typical AR and it's also quite light, like an M16. However, the FPS is too low to be a DMR so a spring upgrade is recommended.
+ This is subjective but I love the looks of this gun. The long barrel and the fake .308 bullets makes it very fitting for a DMR.
+ My local AIrsoft tech said that fitting a Gate TITAN in this gun is easy and the compression is great.
+ Insanely comfortable stock. It feels like resting my cheeks on a padded material due to the big surface area of the stock.
+ Easy battery compartment access and ample battery space for a tube LiPo. I love the rotating stock buttpad.
+ The 90-degrees fire selector is very positive and has no wobble. As someone who's used to a 180-degree fire selector, this feels like a significant improvement.
+ The entire body of the gun is solidly built.
+ After some upgrades, this gun is an absurdly effective DMR-AR hybrid. I managed to hit two people through a ~5cm (2 inches) crevice from 50 meters (164 feet) away under moderately strong wind. When cornered to a CQB, you can still play aggresively with this gun thanks to its light weight.
+ The mag has a massive follower than ensures no BB will drop out of your mag when you're reloading an empty mag. All 40 BBS can be shot. Make sure you reinsert the follower during dry-fire reloads, though.
* The fat .308 mags won't fit into a tight 5.56 mag pouch, but universal pouches are mostly OK. My plate carrier usually can fit 3 5.56x45mm/5.45x39mm or even 7.62x39mm AK mags, but it can only fit two of TR16's .308 mags. Make sure your setup is compatible with .308 mags.
- My tech mentioned that this gun has a serious gear design issue. He showed me a video where the gears appear to be stuck every now and then. He had to change the gears to fix it, but it turns out that you don't have to. NegativeAirsoft posted a how-to-fix video for the gear problem on YouTube - go check it out if you intend to purchase/have purchased this gun.
- I can confirm that the other reviewer, Dale K., is correct - there is some weird accuracy issue with this gun. Out of 40 shots in every mag, 3 or 4 BBs always appear to fly off slightly to the right or left. The deviation is noticeable even in a 20-meters (65 feet) range. I tried to compare the grouping with my AK AEG like Dale, although mine is LCT not CYMA. And again, his review holds true: the AK has better groupings. Inner barrel upgrades is recommended. I know this appears to counter my previous point about this gun being a DMR - but the ratio of problematic shots are so low that I felt it wasn't really that big of a deal in the field.
- The 40-round low cap mag looks really nice but 40 is a bit too low for an AEG (not a fan of hi-caps). I personally like this lowcap mag since it pressures me to actually play as a Marksman instead of rushing around like using a typical rifle. However, you might want to bring a lot of spare mags to subsidize the low capacity.
- I am not a fan of its massive, boldly etched "CAL 6MM AEG" markings.
In conclusion, the G&G TR16 MBR.308 has the potential to be a fantastic DMR, but it needs some work right out of the box. The gear issue is a major hiccup for customers without any technical experience, but shouldn't be that big of a deal if you have easy access to Airsoft technicians. "Kinda a let down tbh. I've had so many people hyping this thing up which influenced me to get one. I tried it out with .3s and got the Hop up set and it's effective range is about 130 ft. It's not the most accurate thing in the world out of the box and I'm sure that if you upgraded it internally it would be great but seeing as it has a standard version 2 gearbox you won't benefit from having the version 2.5 gearbox that most sr25s have. Long story short my $200 cyma AK outrange is this thing and has better groupings. This was short and sweet and maybe I got a lemon but I don't think so Write a Review
G&G TR16 MBR 308 Airsoft Rifle AEG with M-LOK Handguard (Package: Gun Only) with your friends and fellow Evike.com shoppers!
Have an urgent question about this item? Contact us, our resident experts are standing by to answer your questions!
California Proposition 65
Warning: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
This item is currently
Sold Out. Most out of stock items are restocked within 1-3 weeks. Some items may take longer. Please add this item to your wishlist to keep posted on its availability.