Features Nylon fiber outer body with metal outer barrel and gas assembly Fully licensed by Kel-Tec with authentic markings Upgradeable EFCS metal gearbox with microswitch trigger system Ambidextrous controls (Magazine release, fire selector) Mock adjustable gas block Battery location in the handguard provides ample amounts of space Railed upper portion for optics and other accessories Railed lower handguard for grips and bipods
In the world of bullpup rifle configurations, a very common concern for some users is ambidexterity. How can one hold the rifle, and utilize it to its full potential while avoiding getting hot brass in the face every time a round is fired and extracted? Kel-Tec's entry into the bullpup world is a wonderfully innovative design, with a genuine answer to the question of how brass should eject on a bullpup. With a downward ejection design, it allows both left-handed and right-handed shooters a solution for that problem.
Evike Manufacturing Group (EMG) is the R&D division of Evike.com which specializes in high end training and custom weapons. EMG works directly with the real firearm manufacturers to make accurate, high quality replications of their weapons.
Manufacturer: EMG / ARES Collaboration (Receiver Designed & Licensed by Kel-Tec) FPS Range: 390-420 Color: Black Specifications: Length (Overall):
~130rd and ~100rd Mid-Cap Magazines included. Works with Matrix, G&P, Tokyo Marui and other compatible M4 / M16 Series Airsoft AEG Magazines
Proprietary Gearbox Shell, ARES E.F.C.S. Compatible (8mm Bushing & Bearing / Lipo Ready / Programmable / Fully Reinforced / Quick Spring Change / Built in MOSFET / Microswitch Trigger)
Long Type, High Torque
11.1v LiPo Butterfly Type Recommended (Wired to handguard w/ Deans. Battery not included)
Yes, Adjustable (Rotary Style)
Gun, 130rd Magazine, 100rd magazine, Other accessories included TBA
The EMG vision is to manufacture products the world has never seen before; products we would put our name on, and products that hit the spot! "EMG" (Evike Manufacturing Group) was spawned from the realization that if you want something done exactly the way you want it, you need to do it yourself, and we did just that.
We took our 16 years of knowledge as the market's lead retailer, our network of 300+ superior manufacturers, to work with inspiring top innovators in the firearms industry. That combined with the vision to invest into the Airsoft industry, an industry we believe in, EMG was born. (Write a review) "I've had this gun since January of this year. I've gone to about seven Open Play games, in varying conditions and situations. Mostly a mix of woods, and CQB. This thing excels in both! I'll just do the Pro's Con's thing because I've been criticized for previous reviews being too long!
- Range and Accuracy is phenomenal out of the box. It's one of the better I've ever seen.
- Since it's a micro switch of some sort, the trigger is perfect for me. The pull is light, and you can hear the reset because it's a button.
- It has Deans connectors out of the box
- It feels sturdy. I've admittedly dropped it, and fallen on it (I'm underweight, but still). Not even a mark or scratch.
- Seems to work well with any mag, except the Lancer mags. But I hate those things because they don't work in any of my M4's, so that's fine.
-The battery space... If you don't have a small battery, get a few. 1100 sticks at the LARGEST. The space can be annoying to fit back on too.
- Where the Hop-Up adjustment is STUPID. It the mag well. Where you have to take out the magazine. It also technically requires a tool to fit into the mag well and change it. Luckily, it comes with the tool and storage space in the gun. Where the grip is.
- This gun does not come with irons of any sort. I hate that. I feel bad for anyone who doesn't buy an optic with this gun.
- My charging handle broke off just by pulling it back. No HK slaps. Just pulled it back, and it broke. It doesn't do anything to the gun, so it's fine.
- I've heard upgrading can be difficult.
- People say this gun is balanced, but it's not. It's very rear-heavy. Maybe if you get a bigger battery, it'll be balanced, but it is noticeably rear-heavy. That's fine, because the gun just rests in your shoulder, and the rubber pad on the back makes it not move.
What I'll be doing:
So, I've put a foregrip and an Optic on. The optic requires a riser unless it's something like an EoTech or CompM4 style. I've got a CompM4 because I love the look. I've been using PTS EPM's and they work awesome. I'll also be flat hopping the gun, and changing the barrel, and bucking. Both components aren't great, but they'll work until you can change them.
All-in-all, if you enjoy the look of this gun, get it. It's one of the best out-of-the-box guns. Just get a 11.1 1000 battery, some midcaps, and an optic. You most likely won't regret it! "I bought this in June so I've only played two Ops with this gun so I'll write another review in the future. I've been running .28s but I'm planning on switching to .32 or .36 for a little bit more accuracy. You could definitely use this for a DMR by running .4's. This thing shoots super hot straight out the box so you're gonna wanna break that spring in. I was getting around 350fps on .28s when the fields limit is 340 for .28s
- The thing beams people
- Most of the weight is in the rear so its very maneuverable and comfortable to hold
- Uses 5.56 mags
- Gets about 25 RPS with a 11.1 LiPo
- Battery space SUCKS A**. I recommend getting two 1100Mah batteries b/c it also eats through batteries like crazy
- Hop up is in the mag well which is no bueno for quick adjustments
- Not a lot of space to work with for upgrades
Other notes: Its really really good and I 100000% would recommend this to anyone looking to upgrade their starter gun. "The Good:
- Great performance out of the box. I was shooting close to what is advertised for FPS. Some people have had problems with compression, but I imagine this was fixed during recent production runs (?).
- Quick change spring feature and deans connector is nice.
- Solid externals. The replica is easy to disassemble (if not a little difficult to reassemble) and is very solid. My charging handle broke after minor use (no HK slaps), but itâ€™s not the end of the world. The important stuff is solid.
- Trigger is great. This replica eliminates a lot of the problems with airsoft bullpups, this probably being the most important.
- Very balanced and maneuverable (as with most bullpups). I play on a woods field with lots of town buildings and small hard coverâ€¦ having a short profile with a standard length barrel can work to your advantage. The level of balance also means thatâ€™s itâ€™s very easy to operate using only one hand (holding an angle with your right hand while doing something else with your left hand, etc.)
- The hop up is challenging to adjust. The redeeming factor here is that the hop doesnâ€™t seem to creep too much, so once you get it set, youâ€™re good.
- Hop up is proprietary and the nub (plastic) is built in so you are not able to use an aftermarket nub.
- Small battery compartment. Buy a couple of 1000mah stick types and youâ€™ll be fine. It is also possible to modify the cavity to fit a larger battery.
- I wish it had QD sling mounts, but definitely not a deal breaker. The mount positions are well placed and provide a lot of options.
- Sometimes the mag gets in the way. Iâ€™ve found this to be especially difficult when lying in a low prone position and trying not to â€śchicken wingâ€ť my elbow when peaking out from coverâ€¦ you almost have to.
- I sometimes accidentally switch my fire selector to semi when itâ€™s in the auto position, especially when firing off-hand. The real steel is only semi, so it does not seem to be designed to have an auto position and that is evident on this replica.
My suggestions if you buy this:
- Purchase a â€śtallâ€ť sight or use a riser - much more comfortable than a low profile sight.
- Definitely purchase an extra battery.
- Upgrade your barrel and bucking. As with anything, this will make a huge difference and is easy to do.
- Run some sort of foregrip. Because the replica is short, itâ€™s a little more difficult to aim accurately from the hip and having extra control helps.
- Prepare yourself for lots of attention. This thing is a looker, and lots of people want to check it out :)
If you want something thatâ€™s going to be easy to upgrade down the line, this probably isnâ€™t it. The good thing is that the performance/quality out of the box is excellent for the price. I found it very easy to adapt to the ergonomics and would highly recommend this if you want something to use your M4 mags with and want something a little different. Read More Reviews Write a Review
EMG / Kel-Tec Licensed RDB17 Airsoft Bullpup AEG Rifle (Color: Black) with your friends and fellow Evike.com shoppers!
Have an urgent question about this item? Contact us, our resident experts are standing by to answer your questions!
California Proposition 65
Warning: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov