Features Nylon fiber outer body with metal outer barrel and gas assembly Fully licensed by Kel-Tec with authentic markings Upgradeable EFCS metal gearbox with microswitch trigger system Ambidextrous controls (Magazine release, fire selector) Mock adjustable gas block Battery location in the handguard provides ample amounts of space Railed upper portion for optics and other accessories Railed lower handguard for grips and bipods
In the world of bullpup rifle configurations, a very common concern for some users is ambidexterity. How can one hold the rifle, and utilize it to its full potential while avoiding getting hot brass in the face every time a round is fired and extracted? Kel-Tec's entry into the bullpup world is a wonderfully innovative design, with a genuine answer to the question of how brass should eject on a bullpup. With a downward ejection design, it allows both left-handed and right-handed shooters a solution for that problem.
Evike Manufacturing Group (EMG) is the R&D division of Evike.com which specializes in high end training and custom weapons. EMG works directly with the real firearm manufacturers to make accurate, high quality replications of their weapons.
Manufacturer: EMG / ARES Collaboration (Receiver Designed & Licensed by Kel-Tec) FPS Range: 390-420 Color: Black Specifications: Length (Overall):
~130rd and ~100rd Mid-Cap Magazines included. Works with Matrix, G&P, Tokyo Marui and other compatible M4 / M16 Series Airsoft AEG Magazines
Proprietary Gearbox Shell, ARES E.F.C.S. Compatible (8mm Bushing & Bearing / Lipo Ready / Programmable / Fully Reinforced / Quick Spring Change / Built in MOSFET / Microswitch Trigger)
Long Type, High Torque
11.1v LiPo Butterfly Type Recommended (Wired to handguard w/ Deans. Battery not included)
Yes, Adjustable (Rotary Style)
Gun, 130rd Magazine, 100rd magazine, Other accessories included TBA
The EMG vision is to manufacture products the world has never seen before; products we would put our name on, and products that hit the spot! "EMG" (Evike Manufacturing Group) was spawned from the realization that if you want something done exactly the way you want it, you need to do it yourself, and we did just that.
We took our 16 years of knowledge as the market's lead retailer, our network of 300+ superior manufacturers, to work with inspiring top innovators in the firearms industry. That combined with the vision to invest into the Airsoft industry, an industry we believe in, EMG was born. (Write a review) "The Good:
- Great performance out of the box. I was shooting close to what is advertised for FPS. Some people have had problems with compression, but I imagine this was fixed during recent production runs (?).
- Quick change spring feature and deans connector is nice.
- Solid externals. The replica is easy to disassemble (if not a little difficult to reassemble) and is very solid. My charging handle broke after minor use (no HK slaps), but itâ€™s not the end of the world. The important stuff is solid.
- Trigger is great. This replica eliminates a lot of the problems with airsoft bullpups, this probably being the most important.
- Very balanced and maneuverable (as with most bullpups). I play on a woods field with lots of town buildings and small hard coverâ€¦ having a short profile with a standard length barrel can work to your advantage. The level of balance also means thatâ€™s itâ€™s very easy to operate using only one hand (holding an angle with your right hand while doing something else with your left hand, etc.)
- The hop up is challenging to adjust. The redeeming factor here is that the hop doesnâ€™t seem to creep too much, so once you get it set, youâ€™re good.
- Hop up is proprietary and the nub (plastic) is built in so you are not able to use an aftermarket nub.
- Small battery compartment. Buy a couple of 1000mah stick types and youâ€™ll be fine. It is also possible to modify the cavity to fit a larger battery.
- I wish it had QD sling mounts, but definitely not a deal breaker. The mount positions are well placed and provide a lot of options.
- Sometimes the mag gets in the way. Iâ€™ve found this to be especially difficult when lying in a low prone position and trying not to â€śchicken wingâ€ť my elbow when peaking out from coverâ€¦ you almost have to.
- I sometimes accidentally switch my fire selector to semi when itâ€™s in the auto position, especially when firing off-hand. The real steel is only semi, so it does not seem to be designed to have an auto position and that is evident on this replica.
My suggestions if you buy this:
- Purchase a â€śtallâ€ť sight or use a riser - much more comfortable than a low profile sight.
- Definitely purchase an extra battery.
- Upgrade your barrel and bucking. As with anything, this will make a huge difference and is easy to do.
- Run some sort of foregrip. Because the replica is short, itâ€™s a little more difficult to aim accurately from the hip and having extra control helps.
- Prepare yourself for lots of attention. This thing is a looker, and lots of people want to check it out :)
If you want something thatâ€™s going to be easy to upgrade down the line, this probably isnâ€™t it. The good thing is that the performance/quality out of the box is excellent for the price. I found it very easy to adapt to the ergonomics and would highly recommend this if you want something to use your M4 mags with and want something a little different. "Its a great gun. low profile bullpup. its so much easier to handle with the most of the weight in the back of the gun instead of forward heavy like many other guns. shoots well stock. worst part is the battery space. battery compartment is in the hand guard. You need a slim battery and not too long. I got a 7.4v 3000mah stick but very snug and I did a little modification to help appease battery space with a Dremel. a butterfly battery will probably fit well and it shares a bit of the battery space with the barrel making using say brick type not useable. overall great gun if you like optics instead of iron sights as this has no iron sights. adjusting the hopup is a pain as you have to take the mag out everytime you adjust. But so far my favorite gun I own "Hey Evikers! - RDB17 Review - Got this back when it was pre-order, so July, I think. Ootb it's a nice gun. Heavy solid feel, good balance, seems very short compared to other guns in my collection. I'll echo what other reviewers mention the plastic hop up (and backwards sticker) and battery space are not great. Just use 1000 MaH 11.1 stick, they fit fine. So far there is no replacement hop unit. Mine was over 400 fps on 20s and easily hopped them. Using 32s now and no problem hopping them . There is a quick change spring behind the butt plate, easy to swap with a few tools. I pulled it apart to swap to a Action Army neo motor and a Lambda 6.01 barrel. Very accurate at 100ft, and still hits the paper at 200ft. The new motor increased rps from 18 to 24. There is a catch with the stronger magnets, it may interfere with the hall sensor on the sector gear if you use a sling with a metal clip on that side point. It took a week or two to figure that one out! The charging handle still works on mine and I've slapped it several times. I'll be trimming that spring just to make the slap not as hard. The four body pins hold it together. Knock them out and it comes apart easy. To really open it up, you'll need a hex bit and some time, there's like 15 screws! Like the PDR-C there are several proprietary parts - cylinder and head are one piece and offset down a hair, trigger, whole gearbox outer, selectors, etc. Generally, this one needs to stay stock or a mild build just to try not breaking proprietary things. There are some mods out there to increase space in the hand guard and even one to cut a new window in the side for the hop adjustment. Both of these involve trimming material on a working gun, so be careful, do your research. Read More Reviews Write a Review
EMG / Kel-Tec Licensed RDB17 Airsoft Bullpup AEG Rifle (Color: Black) with your friends and fellow Evike.com shoppers!
Have an urgent question about this item? Contact us, our resident experts are standing by to answer your questions!
California Proposition 65
Warning: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov