ID: 59838 (ACC-APS-AER039)
Hover or touch above to zoom
Add to Cart Add to Wishlist
Exempt From Coupons Color: Silver Features: Ambidextrous magazine catch release conversion set Textured release paddles Compatible with most M4/M16 Airsoft AEGs Compatibility:
M4/M16 Airsoft AEGs
About APS / Hakkotsu
APS Limited was established in 2001. APS started by specializing in designing and building Simulation Training Equipment (Real Action Markers & Powder Balls for training simulation). APS - the three words stand for Accuracy - Pneumatics - Shooting. With their knowledge and experience that has been gained from making Real Action Markers and Projectiles, APS launched a new product line - Electronic Blow Back (EBB) products to spur the current Airsoft Market. Since entering the Airsoft industry their line of Airsoft rifles, pistols and accessories have been incredibly popular.
(Write a review) "I got this in black for my E&C AEG, also in black, and it fits and functions perfectly. It is well made and matches the metal on my AEG. It requires a really small hex wrench to screw on, so make sure you have a set of tiny hex wrenches to try out on this. It could be because I didn't have the exact hex wrench to fit the screw, and so my release is a bit loose, but the extra width on the right button of the mag release doesn't quite release the magazine all the way, so you'll have to push down more towards where the screw is. The left side functions perfectly. No magazine I tried had any issues locking in to my AEG with this magazine release.
* Full metal construction and a good spring
* Visually matches (black release on a black AEG)
* Installation, once you find the right hex wrench, is as simple as any other magazine release
* Left side release works perfectly
* Does not interfere with any magazine I tried
* The extra width on the right side release is not very usable, but pressing down around where the screw is works fine
* The required hex wrench size is very small, so be careful when installing it "I used this for my HK416 CQB AEG, and it works perfectly. The spring is a little strong however but its not that much of a difference that would make me dislike it at all. One thing to note is that it does not come with instructions on how to install it, but I've had prior experience in maintaining and repairing AR style weapons and it works the same way.
Here's a simple tutorial:
1. Press against the original magazine release very hard with a punch to compress so that the spring is fully pressed and that catch extends fully outward from the lower receiver.
2. The catch is screwed into the button, so you have to keep pressure on the button and turn the catch counter-clockwise until it screws off from the button.
*Your standard AR-style magazine release assembly should some in 3 parts: Catch, Spring, and Button. However the ambidextrous magazine release assembly comes in 4 parts: Catch, Spring, Button, and a Hex Screw.
3. Install the ambidextrous catch into its slot.
4. Install the spring into the side where the button will be installed.
5. Place the button over the spring and press it firmly so that the spring is compressed and the button meets the catch, the catch will extend, but this is okay.
7. While holding down the button, use your hex key to install the screw through the button and into the catch.
-Full metal construction
-Spring is a little strong
-No instructions included "I'm not a lefty, but am used to training for both strong and weak side operation. Having this bit on an AEG make s it much more like my rifle. Anything that helps simulate what I enjoy in real shooting is a great advantage. If you're a lefty, or someone who also practices weak side shooting, this is a great upgrade. Read More Reviews Write a Review
APS Ambidextrous Magazine Release for M4/M16 Series Airsoft AEGs (Color: Silver) with your friends and fellow Evike.com shoppers!
Have an urgent question about this item? Contact us, our resident experts are standing by to answer your questions!
California Proposition 65
Warning: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov