- Fully Licensed IWI Trademarks
- High Strength Nylon Reinforced Polymer Construction
- Integrated Optics Rail
- 45 Degree Rail on Front Right of Handguard
- Hidden Battery Compartment for Streamlined Operation
- Working Bolt Catch for Easy Hopup Adjustment
- Solid, Heavyweight Build Quality
- Flip-up Front and Rear Sights
- Quick-Change Gearbox Spring Design
- Full Metal Gearbox
300rd Hi-Capacity. Works with Matrix, G&P, Tokyo Marui and other compatible M4 / M16 Series Airsoft AEG MagazinesMuzzle Velocity:
350~390 FPS (Measured with 0.20g BBs)Thread Direction:
Proprietary Design, Full Metal (Compatible with Most Ver.2 Gearbox Parts)Motor:
Short TypeFire Modes:
Semi/Full-Auto, SafetyPackage Includes:
9.6v Small Butterfly Type recommended (Wired to Handguard with Small Tamiya Connector. Battery not included)Hopup:
Umarex (Licensed by Israel Weapon Industries. OEM: ARES)Things you may need to get started:
Battery and Charger – Required to power your AEG; use a high quality battery and charger for best results.Spare Magazines – Stay in the fight longer by bringing more ammo with you.BBs – High quality precision 6mm BBs recommended; Use 0.20g – 0.25g BBs for best results.Silicone Oil – Basic cleaning and lubrication maintenance help keep your Airsoft AEG in top working order.
About Elite Force / Umarex
Since 1972 Umarex has created a world of adventure for sport shooters, recreational shooters and hunters. Its high-performance, high quality models permit training under highly realistic conditions.
FPS Range: 350-390
(Write a review)
"Very nice air soft rifle, great FPS for close quarters wile still being able to hit targets at range. Very accurate, able to hit a human sized target with extreme consistency at 50 yards. OK rate of fire. sometimes does not cycle fully on the semi auto mode that it does have.
"I've owned my Tavor for about a year. After all of it's criticism, I love it. It's the perfect rifle for me, and the way I like to play. That said, I want to emphasis that it works best for players how are looking for a specific style of play. It's not for every player. Let me begin...
1. Compact style with a 509 inner barrel. Good for higher FPS and slightly tighter grouping at a medium-long range. Mine stocked at 404fps with the stock spring. The Spring Guide has some washers on it that help compression, so a 120 will probably hit 420-430 fps
2. Great for CQB and Outdoor engagements. You can adjust the FPS with that amazing Quick Spring Change system. Also, maneuvering around obstacles/objects is easy because of the shorter overall length that give it an SMG-kinda feeling, while able to maintain that M16A1 range/accuracy.
3. Easy to maintain. That QSC system is always the best feature for techs who are looking up upgrade, re-grease, and analyze stock-shimming. Also, the disassembly for this rifle AND gearbox is rather simple and straight forward.
4. Some really cool aftermarket products. It can give the rifle almost a futuristic look.
5. Solid construction. The polymer plastic is fantastic for reducing weight while being fully capable of protecting your internals no different then metal construction.
6. The EBB system is very solid, and can handle a LiPo without a problem. I use a 7.4 with mine, as that's all I really need. If you can't get the job done with the minimum, then you should work on your gameplay rather than trying to make 11.1's work.
7. THAT LOCKING BOLT. It's so convenient, and makes others want to take a closer look at it. Who doesn't like showing off their primary?
1. LONG trigger pull.
2. Mag release is very sensitive. Learn how to properly hold the rifle, as the mag release is not as robust as your standard M4/Ak
3. Metal mags are preferred. PMAGS do work, but they wobble a good bit, and they have a tough time locking in place. If you even tap your mag release, they'll come lose and won't feed properly. It's best to stick with the metal mags, and it'll save you some hassle.
4. My fire selector seems to malfunction if it's not on Safe, or Full Auto. The Semi Auto either doesn't fire, fires in full auto, or half-pulls and doesn't fire anyway. I've tried to take it apart, and figure out whats going on, but I can't seem to solve that problem.
5. Hopup could be better with a rubber washer, similar to a G&G. It doesn't like a whole lot of adjustment, as it'll unwind if it's too high.
That's pretty much it for a quick pro/con. Below are some Tech-savy notes that I want to make known. I love being a tech, and these notes are important for anyone working on this.
1. The hopup wasn't stiff enough to maintain my settings, and would unwind in the middle of combat., I have to tighten the screw to the point where I have to use a pair of pliers to adjust the range. Ofcourse this makes it tough during games, but I generally keep it at a specific setting unless we're done for the day. In that case I unwind the gear so it doesn't wear down on my bucking. Note: The hopup unit is PROPRIETARY, and you should NEVER do anything to put it under a ton of stress. Elite Force will not supply you with a replacement unless you ship your rifle into them. (Waste of money)
2. The compression of the stock cylinder/cylinder head/piston is terrible. People gripe over the air nozzle, but that was fine on my M4. My issue was with EVERY other part. I'm currently waiting on upgrade parts to fix the compression, and im sure it'll up my FPS for 10-15 once that's done. Please, take your time, and check your internals. It'll help you in the long run.
3. The gears go through lots of wear and tear, as my rifle was not shimming properly. The gears seem to be as solid as any other, but you should always check your internals of any rifle you invest in to make sure everything is operating as efficiently as possible. My teeth came cut on some, and seemed to grind on the gearbox shell.
4. Changing/cleaning your Barrel will be a pain. There is a little pin that holds your hopup unit to the outter barrel, and it's the size of a grain of rice. DO NOT LOSE THIS. It will make your rifle useless. Again, take your time and put in your total focus/care into your rifle when disassembling to maintain and clean.
"I've owned this rifle for 3 months. I wanted to wait until I fielded it a few times before writing a detailed review.
1st off, I love this rifle. It's my main Airsoft rifle because of how user friendly it is. What Evike DOESN'T tell you, is that the bolt release is also a spring-tension release. This is really good for maintaining a rifle out-of-the-box. Virtually no inner upgrades are required for this gun, unless of course you want a better spring. This comes stock with a M110, shooting between 350-360 FPS.
The rifle is back heavy, but this is good because you don't want to be lugging around a 9lb AK around. Or, well, you would have gotten an AK. The weight in the back allows you to keep it shouldered longer, and allows for quick, precise corner/room clearing capabilities in CQB. The ABS plastic helps reduce the weight, and it's sturdy against heavy use. The Bulpup design maintains a long barrel length for increased accuracy, in a compact profile. I chose this particular model with the longer barrel because...
2nd off, it's amazing outdoors. I can adjust the hop-up no problem to shoot atleast 200ft, and even with the blowback, the rifle is quiet from a distance! You don't hear that electric metal clinging of the piston and the spring on the inside. It doesn't sound like an RC car. The blowback of the bolt gives that realism feeling, and I really like having that extra recoil. It makes the kills feel realistic, and I also own a Tavor X95 5.56 rifle.
The battery compartment easily holds a 7.4 lipo without any snagging or tucking. If you're not running a lipo on this rifle, then you're only hindering yourself. The sights are just fine, but you should think about rocking a red dot optic. A cheap optic will get you buy no problem, because it's Airsoft afterall. You don't need these $150 red dots. An easy $40 red dot with a few changeable reticles will do just fine. If you can't hit your target with a cheap red dot, then you need more practice and your loadout needs to be second nature.
Onto the Cons which I took a star for...
The trigger pull is long. This kinda creates this weird period of anticipation, but it eventually gets better with practice. I deducted a star for this because in CQB, some fields only allow semi-fire. Some people with shorter trigger pulls are going to shoot 3 rounds WAY quicker than you are. This forces you to be accurate and smart when you play, but that's also why I like it. This could be a con for most, so that's why i'm talking about it.
As for this mag release... Your wrist is going to hit it. It's an absolute pain. If you're rolling plastic MAGPUL or P-Mags, you're going to have a tough time. Metal Mags are going to be the way to go if you're rolling with the Tavor. The metal mags lock in no problem, and have no issues feeding. The plastic mags slide out easy, don't sit magwell very good, and don't feed sometimes. Even with mid-caps, I found that I'd have to shove it up/use my bicep to keep the mag secured. It's just a pain, but it's something you'll have to deal with if you're looking for lighter loadouts.
Besides the plastic mags which is my choice, I'm only dinging the gun for the trigger pull and the flimsy mag release.
I'd choose this rifle over your standard AK and M4's any day of the week. You can take care of the gun internally with the Quick Spring Change, the Spring Tension Release, and the Easy Disassembly. You won't need to maintain your rifle if you take care of the rifle properly, as it's very well put together right out of the box. The lighter weight in the front makes it easy to manage in combat, and there are easy conversion kits for shorter/longer barrel lengths on the site for $40. You can customize the gun with lights/lasers on the awesome rails, and even get different handguards with lights built in.
Discuss about IWI Licensed Elite Tavor TAR-21 Airsoft AEG Rifle by Umarex - Tan with your friends and fellow Evike.com shoppers!
Comment or answer questions for a chance to win awesome prizes.
Details can be found on the Evike.com Facebook page.
Remember to check "Also post on Facebook" to qualify for the giveaways!
Have an urgent question about this item? We monitor these comments daily, but it may be faster to email us directly or call us at (626) 286-0360. Our resident experts are standing by to answer your questions!