"The DE M57 is a decent rifle in stock form, but be warned it is not 100% compatible with Well MB01/UTG Type 96 internal upgrades as advertised. Although very similar on initial glance, DE M57 uses some proprietary internals.
1. My DE M57 uses 45 degree sear vs 90 sear. Meaning if you upgrade piston/spring, you'll need to replace trigger box with 90 degree sear. Good idea to replace plastic trigger box with metal box and 90 degree sear anyway.
2. Hop up chamber and inner barrel are slightly different design. The inner barrel has bucking groove on bottom vs on top. Meaning DE M57 bucking is proprietary and different from stock Well/UTG bucking. Although hop up chamber looks very similar, but it is larger outside diameter. The hop up lever is also pinned in a different location. Aftermarket metal lever arm does not fit without drilling a new hole. Cylinder nozzle is larger diameter. If you plan to upgrade to Angel Custom or PDI chamber, you'll need to make modifications to fit. Good news is you can install a tightbore barrel designed for Well/UTG into the stock DE M57 chamber, but you have to use the stock UTG bucking.
3. Outer barrel is different design. Does not thread into receiver. It is clamped into place. The inside diameter is also larger, coinciding with larger diameter hop up chamber. Orange tip is pinned into place vs threaded.
4. My cocking indicator actually works correctly out of the box, unlike Well/UTG. Last round indicator needed modification to function properly, as does the Well/UTG.
I'm not saying the DE M57 is inferior to the Well/UTG in stock form, but internals are slightly different. Not sure why DE decided to change the Maruzen industry standard. If you plan to upgrade, I suggest sticking with tried and true Well MB01 or UTG Type 96 clones. You'll save some headaches when upgrading. I know from experience. "I got this rifle a few weeks back, and it operated fine. Its fabulously powerful, and amazingly accurate. I can pop cans with this from all the way across my property. (Which isn't very big, but its still surprising.) The gun comes packaged in two parts, which I like, and is also the reason I didn't give this thing a lower score. My gripes begin with the body of the gun, which is one of the two packaged parts. The internal workings, (trigger system, barrel, and hop-up.) all work fine. But the outer body of the gun is made of cheap plastic, which is probably how they got such nice internals into it for so cheap. The problem with this is that now, just four or so weeks after purchase, I've already had to ducktape the shell together to make sure the internals don't fall out, or get jammed in awkward positions. I'm understand and even disregard the fragility of the outer shell, were you able to buy replacements, but after looking it up on evike, there are none to be found. Now to go check other sites.
Powerful, good (but not great) quality internals
Fragile, seemingly irreplaceable outer shell
No built in sights (All I want are pistol style sights, I mean c'mon. That's not that hard.)
This gun is great for target play and backyard fun, and would make a great gun for someone just getting into airsoft. I wouldn't recommend it for actual games though. Also, only buy if your okay with your gun being covered in ducktape. Basically, you get what you're paying for. No more, maybe a tiny bit less. "Great, solid sniper rifle!
- Nice, strong ABS Stock
- Range (Good at 100-150 Feet)
- Accuracy (.28 @ 65 Foot Target; 10/10)
- Spring is actually strong for a stock gun
- Hop-Up is easily adjustable and reachable with allen key
- Metal mag is spring loaded and feeds flawlessly
- SO easy to assemble/disassemble
- Hop-Up nub is a tad off centered, so some BB's will go left or right just a hair
- Plastic trigger box; if you plan on upgrading, buy the $30 Metal Trigger Box at least
Some things to know for the new people to airsoft and the confused!
- This is a SPRING rifle, no gas or batteries!
- Plastic trigger box
- ABS piston and spring guide
- If you spend the $60 on the UTG Full Metal tune-up kit and metal trigger box, this thing rocks!!!
- Works best with .25, .28, or .30 gram BB's. Any heavier and they'll fall to the ground too fast. The tune-up kit that I suggested allowed me to use .43 gram BB's with awesome range and accuracy! Highly recommended!
That is all! Happy Airsofting!
Sam Read More Reviews Write a Review
« Back to product description
(Stock) Add Sniper Folding Bipod (+$20.00) Add 3-9x32 Precision Sniper Scope (+$30.00) Add 3-9x40 Sniper Scope+Steel Bipod (+$50.00) *Scope not included DE M57A APS2 Type96 Shadow Op Airsoft Bolt Action Sniper Rifle - Black
DE is the OEM of the UTG Shadow Ops APS2 bolt action sniper rifle. Features: High Strength Polymer Stock High Quality Full Metal Trigger Assembly, Bolt and Bolt Handle Full Metal Barrel with Integrated Scope Mount Rail Ergonomic Pistol Grip and Rubber Buttpad and Cheek Rest Fully Functional Safety Length: 1170mm Magazine Capacity: 30rds Muzzle Velocity: 450~500 FPS (Measured with 0.20g BBs) Fire Modes: Single Shot, Bolt-action Package Includes: Gun, Magazine Hopup: Yes, Adjustable
This product was added to our catalog on Thursday 06 November, 2008.
This item is currently
Out of Stock. Most out of stock items are restocked within 1-3 weeks. Some items may take longer. Please add this item to your wishlist to keep posted on its availability. Wanna chat about
DE M57A APS2 Type96 Shadow Op Airsoft Bolt Action Sniper Rifle - Black?
Have questions about this item? We monitor these comments daily, but it may be faster to
email us directly or call us at 1-626-286-0360.
Facebook about THIS with your friends! Comment for a chance to win awesome airsoft prizes. Details can be found on The Evike Facebook Fan Page HERE! Remember to leave "Also post on Facebook" checked to qualify your comment!