"Hello, I am Devon F. now Devon T. the one who made the last review over 4 years ago. I made that review when I had owned this gun for around 4 years. I did not purchase the gun from this site, but the site I did buy it from a site that no longer exists, so I thought I would make the review here. Since my last review, the stock has broken off of the gun. I decided to repurchase and re-review it since It was my first airsoft gun and nostalgia is amazing. Having now received the new gun, I can make this review. On arrival, the gun had a much lower quality of plastic. Some of the parts still had left over plastic attached where it should have been removed. The magazine does not have a weighted core, like the previous one 8 years ago, and the gun itself is lighter. The magazine release and selector switch *although useless almost* both stick in a way that makes them fidgety to use. I put some Evike brand silicon oil on the moving parts and that cleared up the issues. Overall the rifle came in a much lower quality form on arrival, however, it still has the metal barrel so the accuracy is still good. Not only this, but I noticed that the accuracy itself with .2 gram BBs is much better than the original, well done IMO since performance _ visuals. The magazine is one that you shake, from previous experience, this can be a huge hassle as you have to take out the magazine, put it upside down and shake it to let BBs into the main follower. But it is efficient for a cheap springer. Take note for anyone coming into airsoft that only the magazines that come with the gun work. Don't buy magazines expecting them to work as they wont.
1. As a springer the gun itself is OK.
2. Accuracy is better than the original's accuracy by far.
3. Accuracy tested at 30m is better than expected. Hard to believe it is coming out of a springer.
4. The magazines have stayed the same for over 8 years, so if you happen to have one previously like I did, you can have a spare magazine.
5. The build stayed the same for the 8 years as well, very good consistency.
6. The handguard is very much easier to remove than any other gun I own.
1. May come with sharp edges and plastic that should have been removed. Not a con if you are ok with removing them.
2. Quality is worse than it used to be, not awful, but not amazing.
3. Make sure to oil up this gun when you get it or none of the moving parts will work.
4. The magazine is not weighted. Honestly not really a con but IMO feels like the realism and quality lowered.
5. The springs are weaker for sure, having tested both guns next to each other, quality has definitely lowered.
I am going to rate this gun at 5 because honestly the externals and visuals do not mean anything. Even if the gun looks bad, if it performs well then there is no problem. The gun honestly performs extremely well for a springer, and I could easily suggest this gun for anyone that is just getting into the hobby. I could not suggest this for anyone beyond that, though. For as much of a good gun this is for backyard games, (30m sometimes being the max, and this gun being almost dead accurate at that range) The gun performs very poorly at farther distances. If you are already into AEG and GBB weapons, just steer clear of this gun. It could be a nice prop, or a very niche backup weapon, but I don't see that happening.
"This is my first airsoft gun. I got it a couple days ago and fired it at least 70 times. It is awesome.
HUGE magazine capacity (475 rounds)
Comes with safety glasses, no need to buy your own.
Inner barrel is full metal.
Carry handle has 2 sight settings.
Stock feels solid.
Plastic (what I was expecting for a springer)
Overall, a great gun to star out with. Highly recommended.