Machined Rigid Frame
- Open spool bearings with TSI-301 oil. Increases freespool 2-1/2 times; All non-spool bearings feature full grease pack for maximum longevity
- Features Special Edition Gun Smoke and Black anodizing; SE reels will feature a yellowfin tuna etched into the side plate. CRC: Corrosion-Resistant Coating process
- Frames have been machined out for increased clearance between spool and cross bars; 6061-T6 Machined aluminum frame with forged side plates; Type-II gunmetal anodized frame, side plates, spool, drag lever and handle. Special screw ports around side plate screws reduces water/corrosion buildup. Forged aluminum, full hard anodized reel foot and reel clamp
- MK-8/10/15 will feature MK-20 size handle knobs; MK-20/30 features the MK-50 handle arm and knobs; Patented T-Bar handle with Easy Roll graphite insert on all models. Machined thumb rest on rear cross bar for improved ergonomics
- New lower speed 1.3:1 gear ratio featured in 20/30 sizes; 17-4 stainless steel gearing; Helical cut gears for increased torque, smoothness and improved gear meshing; Makaira reels all feature two-speed gearing systems; Carbonite Dual Force Drag system featuring Cals universal drag grease. Heavy duty stainless steel ratcheting clicker system. Custom designed thrust bearing: Alleviates side load on heavy drag settings
- 4-pcs ABEC-5 precision Sapporo stainless steel ball bearings; Double dog, proprietary silent anti-reverse system; Ratcheting drag lever and drag cam for precise drag setting
- Patented spool pin system for use with braided or mono lines; Heavy duty, 17-4 grade stainless steel drive and spool shafts
- Open top frame design on MK-5II, 10II, 15II, 20II, 30II. Lug and plug system on all open top reel models. Precision placement of drain holes maximizes water removal from reel
Okuma's Machined Rigid Frame construction incorporates a one-piece fully-machined aluminum frame. These rigid bar-stock aluminum frames are the ultimate in precision alignment and tolerances withstanding more pressure and torque than any other material used in our industry for frame materials. Okuma features these anodized frames on fly reels, baitcast reels, lever drag reels and star drag trolling reels. T-Bar Handle
T-Bar Handle: The patented design of the T-Bar handle offers a true ergonomically correct angle to ensure an angler gets maximum power with minimum fatigue. The T-bar takes full advantage of the natural dynamics of the human hand, wrist and forearm to help sustain power and endurance for the angler. 2-speed Gearing
Okuma's 2-speed technology incorporates two sets of stainless steel main and pinion gears, allowing anglers the option of a high-speed gear ratio or a powerful low-speed gear ratio for maximum power and torque. To shift gears it is as easy as pushing a button or popping a lever with Okuma's unique shifting design to obtain the appropriate gear ratio you desire. Lever Drag Dual Force Drag
For extremely smooth and strong drag outputs, Okumas Makaira lever drags are designed with a patented Dual Force Drag system. This drag system is specifically engineered to be mounted in the right side of the spool, designed around a Pull Bar Drag Helical Cut Gearing
Makaira lever drag reels utilize helical cut main and pinion gears. This process allows for improved gear meshing which equates to improved gear smoothness. The angled teeth found in helical cut gears engage more gradually than straight cut or spur gear teeth. This allows helical gears to run smoother and quieter compared to spur gears. Spur gears cause impact stress and noise, because of the hard meshing and can not take as much torque as helical gears because their teeth are receiving impact blows as they mesh together. Silent Anti-Reverse
The Makaira's proprietary anti-reverse system allows for a smoother and quieter feeling. We equate this feeling to that of a Lexus, when compared to other reels in the market. Most reels in the market hide their rough gear quality by the noise and vibration caused by the engagement and clacking of the anti-reverse pawls. The Okuma silent system is unlike any other 2-speed reel in the industry for smoothness. This anti-reverse system is supported by a 12 point double dog anti-reverse pawl system. The Makaira system is very simple in principal but the performance is extremely advanced. As you turn the reel forward the anti-reverse pawls slide open allowing a friction free and quiet retrieve. As soon as the handle is stopped or pulled backwards the anti-reverse pawls are engaged into place by their drive shaft actuated sliding system. The strength of this anti-reverse system does not solely rely on a dog spring like found on most of our competitors reels. The sliding function does not rely heavily on a dog spring system and is mainly controlled by the forward and reverse movement applied to the drive shaft through the movement of the angler turning the handle.
Color: Special Edition Black
4BB + 1TB Frame Style:
Crossbar Gear Ratios:
3.2:1 & 1.0:1 Line Retrieve:
37.8" & 11.9" Max Drag At Full With Free-spool:
85-lbs Max Drag At Strike With Free-spool:
60-lbs Monofiliment Line Capacity ( Diameter in MM):
900/50 (0.70), 780/60 (0.75), 560/80 (0.90) Weight:
About Okuma / Savage Gear
At Okuma Fishing Tackle we deliver more than just fishing gear. We deliver the motivation to hit the water, the energy to maintain focus and the excitement that injects every cast with high expectations. The advanced materials, dynamic design and commitment to longevity contained in each of our fishing reels, fishing rods and rod and reel combos are not simply a means to an end. They're the foundation of a better and more complete fishing experience. Okuma Fishing Tackle is developed inspire your passion for fishing, both on and off the water. Whether you fish for bass, trout, catfish, salmon/steelhead, stripers, tuna or marlin, when the sun rises tomorrow, a new opportunity will be born. Let's make the most of it together.
Discuss about Okuma Reel Makaira Machined Aluminum SE 2-Speed Lever Drag Reel (Style: MK-50WIISEa-MTBLK / Special Edition Black) with your friends and fellow Evike.com shoppers!
Have an urgent question about this item? Contact us, our resident experts are standing by to answer your questions!
California Proposition 65 Warning: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov