ID: 91314 (GR-GHK-SG-553-T)
Hover or touch above to zoom
Optic not included
Add to Cart Add to Wishlist
No Coupon Required Features Steel body construction with polymer furniture Three firing modes: Semi, three round burst, full auto Manganese phosphate surface treatment plus CERAKOTE coating of the body Integrated steel barrel plus steel gas tube Folding butt stock for easy and compact storage Flip-up front and rear iron sights Authentic spec of handguards and grip. Picatinny M1913 20mm compatible aluminum handguard Realistic field strip Manufacturer: GHK FPS Range: 370-395 Color: Black Specifications: Length:
480mm-740mm (Folding stock)
3350g (With magazine)
32 Rounds. Compatible with GHK SG553 gas blowback magazines
395 FPS~ (Measured with 0.20g BBs and Green Gas)
Safety, Semi, Burst, Full-Auto
Gun, Magazine, Manual, Speedloader
Established in Taiwan in 2008, GHK began as the leading manufacturer of AK style gas blowback rifles. In the intervening years GHK has grown to become one of the most highly regarded GBBR manufacturers in the industry.
(Write a review) "Pretty good performance out of the box. I suggest the use of heavy weight BBs with this gun (.3g+). It does have the Sig grey cerakote on it just like the non-tactical version. The dull grey and black tail combo looks excellent. The picture from Evike shows a blued finish, which is not correct. Previous versions of the rifle had magazine issues where it was stiff going into the receiver which caused the translucent casing to eventually crack (probably due to the thicker cerakote coating). GHK has solved this by changing the receiver dimensions to allow for easier loading of the mag (less stress on plastic casing) and they changed the type of plastic to a tougher polymer (to know the difference, the mags are an opaque black). The magazineâ€™s male and female pegs have been reinforced as well.
Accuracy and range is amazing. Roughly 200ft range with 8/10 shots on a torso sized target at that range. Be sure to take apart the gun and clean it prior to use. GHK uses thick silicone grease on all internal parts, especially the hop up and it was on the inside of my bucking and the barrel was pretty dirtyâ€”causing bad accuracy at first.
One major issue that most people will have is that it shoots very hot out of the box. My gun is clocking in at 1.78J on a .32g with propane in 70*F weather. Youâ€™ll need to find either buy a low flow nozzle, a wide bore barrel or grub screw mod the nozzle to lower the FPS (YouTube the grub screw mod if youâ€™re not sure what this is).
- Great range and accuracy. Very accurate with impressive range for the very short, sub machine gun length inner barrel.
- AEG barrel and bucking compatible (LOTS of upgrade optionsâ€¦the skyâ€™s the limit on this).
- Hop design is one of the best, if not the best, GHK design by far. Allows for AEG nubs so you can R-Hop, flat hop, etc.
- Easy disassembly to get to the hop system.
- Easy hop adjustmentâ€”can easily adjust in game.
- FPS consistency is great. Only a few FPS difference per shot (just like an AEG).
- Insane gas efficiency. Youâ€™ll get roughly 4 mags worth with each gas charge (using semi auto and not mag dumping). DO NOT fully fill the magâ€¦wait until it sounds like it is about to be full and then stop. That small amount of â€śempty spaceâ€ť, so to speak, allows for proper pressure to give the best consistency.
- Feel of rifle is top notch. Gives a real steel feel.
- Internals are FULL STEEL. Trigger grouping, recoil spring/rod, recoil spring cover, bolt carrier group and receiver are all a good quality steel.
- Iron sights are pretty lacking. Rear sight flips up and doesnâ€™t lock in place. It easily moves around, but it will stay up.
- Field stripping is different than what most people will be used to. The receiver pins are an interesting, but innovative design (may not be a con, Iâ€™m just knit-picking).
- High FPS even on green gas/propane.
- Coating on steel bolt carrier is not very good. Itâ€™s rough, reminiscent of a truck bed liner. Use sand paper on the inside tracks of the bolt (or let it wear naturally) so it cycles quicker. Paint flakes will be found in the receiver during the break-in process.
- Bolt return to battery is very lacking. It is noticeably slow and doesnâ€™t appear to have any power to it. This is so the gun is great on gas efficiency. So it personally doesnâ€™t bother me due to this reason.
- Half-travel bolt. It doesnâ€™t bother me because itâ€™s for a higher cyclic rate and gas efficiency.
- Felt recoil is kinda low compared to other brands. But this seems to be the same with all half-travel guns GHK produces. Again, doesnâ€™t bother me because there are functional reasons for this.
4/5 stars only because of the high FPS, not allowing for use in most fields until something is purchased or modded to be able to use. Write a Review
GHK Tactical SG553 Gas Blowback Airsoft Rifle with your friends and fellow Evike.com shoppers!
Have an urgent question about this item? Contact us, our resident experts are standing by to answer your questions!
California Proposition 65
Warning: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov