Features Fully licensed Angstadt Arms replica Gen 3 Lipo ready gearbox with micro-switch trigger and quick change spring guide Integrated mosfet for enhanced power / motor performance, trigger response, and fully upgraded lipo ready internals Custom PCC aluminum alloy upper and lower receiver Low profile, free float M-LOK compatible aluminum alloy handguard Low profile, rapid deployable PDW style stock Semi, full auto, and safe select firing modes
Designed to meet the strict requirements of the U.S. Army Sub Compact Weapon Program. The Angstadt Arms SCW-9 is a truly sub-compact weapon system. At just 14.7" long, the SCW-9 provides greater accuracy than pistols and much greater concealability over standard rifles.
Early adaptations to the AR based Pistol Caliber Carbine was just taking a conversion kit to a standard AR receiver set. While this allowed a standard AR receiver to operate with popular pistol calibers such as the 9mm cartridge, it did nothing to reduce the excess bulk or mass of the weapon. Angstadt Arms approach to the Pistol Caliber Carbine was to completely redesign the weapon system while following the standard AR formula as closely as possible. The resulting firearm is significantly smaller, much lighter weight, but still retains all of the same controls as your typical AR.
The EMG Helios / Angstadt Arms collaboration project takes the same concepts and ideas behind the SCW-9 to create a training platform that mimics the feel and function of the real thing. The Helios SCW-9 utilizes the EMG/Classic Army compatible PCC stick magazines making it incredibly easy to carry more ammo onto the field. Do not let the small stature of the SCW-9 deceive you, this AEG retains the same performance and functionality of a full size AEG, the only difference is you are now lighter and more nimble, giving you the combat advantage in confined spaces.
The Newly improved G3 gearbox developed under collaboration between Matrix and S&T offers the same features found in the G2 series such as a microswitch trigger, improved steel gears, full steel teeth piston, and aluminum cylinder. New to the G3 series gearboxes is an improved QD spring system which makes it even easier to swap to different strength springs without disassembly. The inline MOSFET features over discharge protection and the electric trigger features a magnetic sensor for improved responsiveness.
Manufacturer: EMG Helios / Angstadt Arms FPS Range: 370-400 Color: Tan Size: Gun Only Specifications: Length:
90rd Mid-Cap magazine included. Compatible with EMG, Classic Army PCC Series Airsoft AEG Magazines
365~400 FPS (Measured with 0.20g BBs)
Ver 2 Full Metal, Fully Upgradeable / with Micro-Switch trigger / Lipoly Ready (15~20C)
Long Type / High torque
11.1v LiPo Stick Type recommended (Wired to handguard w/ a Small Tamiya connector. Incompatible with 7.4v LiPo)
Gun, Mid Cap Magazine, Grip
The EMG vision is to manufacture products the world has never seen before; products we would put our name on, and products that hit the spot! "EMG" (Evike Manufacturing Group) was spawned from the realization that if you want something done exactly the way you want it, you need to do it yourself, and we did just that.
We took our 16 years of knowledge as the market's lead retailer, our network of 300+ superior manufacturers, to work with inspiring top innovators in the firearms industry. That combined with the vision to invest into the Airsoft industry, an industry we believe in, EMG was born. (Write a review) "The gun over all is well built feels comfortabke to shoulder, the only proble.s ive really had are feeding issues from the mags that are proprietary for this gun so take that as you will. "I got the EMG Angstadt Arms SCW-9 in a box of awesomeness. Wasn't exactly what i was hoping for but really cool. The issue (the first one) is that you have to get a PEQ style battery for it which isn't the biggest problem even though they're still hard to fit (it's wired through the vertical grip). Once i got that i was happy. The gun came with 2 90rd midcaps. I loaded it up and it wouldn't shoot. The gun dry fired. I tried it a bunch of times but the same thing happened. The only way to fire it was if you held it upside down. The mags double stacked and would sometimes get stuck side by side even though when it was straight it still wouldn't fire. I had to brutally beat it against my knee to get the straight. I tried WD-40 and replacing the piece that pushes up the BBs (with PTS parts). None of this worked. I knew these mags were pretty much crap so i had to buy one. This gun is kinda obscure and not a lot of people have it so it was hard finding info on it. Finally though i scoured reddit and found 3 people with the same gun (all with the same mag problem). I bought an ARP 9 mag (G&G) and now the gun works amazingly. It shoots very fast and fairly accurately (but not a lot of range). You can also buy the G&G ARP 9 1500rd drum mag. The final issue is that it's hard to find the thread because the measurements are nowhere but after ordering 2 thread adapters that don't work i finally found It's just a pistol thread and WE Tech makes the one i have. It's 11mm cc.
Pros: Shoots fast, 400fps (but that could be undesirable if it's CQB), solid metal all around, compact, very quick trigger response, very little trigger pull, quick change spring, looks pretty sick with drum mag, red dot, and suppressor, and it's not super expensive, standard buffer tube (so you can replace the pathetic little stock that looks really cool, for a comfortable ugly one like i did)
Cons: Mags it comes with are trash, battery storage is pretty confined, not a lot of range (but the inner barrel is less than 2"), a little too small, but the UDP-9 is a little bigger (and wired through the back), the tiny stock is tiny
I shot my finger while practicing safe trigger discipline on the hand guard. Be careful of accidently putting your finger over the barrel if you like to put your pointer over the grip. Also the batteries that come with the security detail package do not fit but i think they took it down. The ones with the go airsoft package should fit though. Final thing, the tan one (which i have). The fps says 365-400 mine shoots consistently at 386. The black version says 270-280 so i don't know what's up with that. Overall great gun, just needed some stuff getting it started, you should buy one.
Thread: EMG / AW Custom / WE / TM Threaded Adapter for GBB Pistol Outer Barrels 14mm Negative (exterior side) / 11mm Positive (barrel side)
Mags: Any ARP 9 mag should work (i have G&G's)
Battery: Matrix High Performance 11.1V PEQ Type Airsoft LiPo Battery (Configuration: 1100mAh / 15C / Deans & Short Wire)
FPS: Around 386fps (first time fielded) "This gun is vary well built for the price. Solid and robust!
I had a few issues that don't bother me to much since I'm a tech and work on all my guns. However, the issues
I had were as follows;
1) The rounds hooked hard left when shooting the gun (With .25g). At first I figured this was either due to the bucking or a dirty barrel, but after changing the bucking and cleaning the barrel, the curved shots continued. My only conclusion is that the stock barrel needs to be replaced, but I will run a few more tests. This review is for how the gun is out of the box.
2) The SCW9 is listed as having 2 firing modes, semi/full auto. Unfortunately, the full auto does not seem to engage and simply shoots as semi, even though the fire selector is in the full auto setting
I have yet to open the gearbox and see what is causing this.
1) Build is solid and compact. Feels great to hold and shoulder! There are a few "loose" parts, the "stock", mag wobbles just a bit but nothing bad, and the fake bolt release button likes to jingle a bit. Personally, these things don't bother me.
2)The gun is very snappy and responsive with an 11.1v LiPo. The gun and internals sound great and mean when you shoot it.
3) This gun is TINY. With the stock all the way collapsed, this thing is HALF the size of the EMG Noveski Space Invader and 2/3 the size of a G&G ARP9. Makes it fun to just run around the field and pew pew.
4) Good iron sights
5)The motor has a good magnetic pull!
1) The "stock" is a bit short, even fully extended. But of course, what do you expect from a gun SO compact. This can be remedied by placing your dot sight (or your 3x9 50x scope, whatever you fancy) in the forward position on the top rail.
2) The battery is housed in the forward grip and obviously doesn't have a lot of space. But there are batteries that fit in there and you can do about up to a 11.1v 1100 LiPo.
3) The outer barrel is threaded, however the threads are on the inside and I don't know the measurements but if I had to guess, I would think it would take a basic pistol thread adaptor.
1) The gun is front wired. Which makes it hard to break down and work on especially when the battery connector doesn't fit through the M LOK segment it is wired through. This makes doing something simple like a hop up swap a pain.
2) Aside from the two issues listed as the beginning of this review (Which could be factory lemon problems that are exclusive to mine), the biggest problem I had that I felt was bad was in the PMC package version of this gun (Which was the one I purchased). The issue lies with Evike believe it or not... The PMC package comes with 2 11.1v 1100mAh batteries, GREAT! Except they don't fit... That's right, the two batteries Evike put in the PMC (And probably the Security Detail Package) DON'T. FIT. IN. THE. BATTERY. GRIP. The batteries that come in the package are to long. (If you are wondering which ones do fit, just search for EMG's M LOK battery grip and you will see the correct 1100mAh in the related product section. It's more square and box like that fits nicely in the grip.).
All in all I'm looking very forward to working on this gun and getting it to a respectable CQB ripping machine! The gun is great! (Thanks for the useless batteries Evike!) Write a Review
EMG Helios Angstadt Arms SCW-9 Pistol Caliber Carbine G3 AEG (Color: Tan / Gun Only) with your friends and fellow Evike.com shoppers!
Have an urgent question about this item? Contact us, our resident experts are standing by to answer your questions!
California Proposition 65
Warning: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov