"I bought this gun a few months ago and I have been very impressed. Here are some pros and cons.
- Solid full metal body
- Pistol grip is very ergonomic and fits my hand perfectly
- Internals are great and I have had no problems with them
- Accurate and great range right out of the box with no mods, mine even came with the hop up dialed in
- Stock flip up iron sights are very nice, the back one has a sight for close range and one for long range, that you can flip between the two
- Full Metal quad rail RIS system, with probably more real estate than anybody can use
- Comes with a high impact polymer gripod and a full metal QD barrel extension/silencer
- Comes with a cd which you can view on your computer, has some videos of how to break down and put together your cxp-16 and other ics guns
- Forward assist to help save your internals
- 6 position high impact polymer crane stock with a big compartment for batteries, will fit any 9.6v 1600. MAH battery (I actually have a tenergy, valken and intellect one that fit just fine)
- Nice, non wobbly sling mount on the crane stock post
- ICS' famous split gear box with ease of access
- Reciever splits open like a real m4
- Functioning charging handle that pops open your dust cover on the side
- Takes the widely available m4 magazine (I have yet to find a m4 mag that doesn't fit and I have about 6 different brands, including a drum magazine)
Phew what a list now on to the cons (more nitpicks than anything else)
- As a result of being mostly metal this gun is pretty heavy but with a sling this should help alleviate your fatigue while using your cxp-16
- No front sling mount, I purchased one that goes on my side rail just fine
- Flash hider is plastic and since the QD silencer sits on that only it tends to tear it up if you take your QD silencer on and off (you can replace your flash hider but it's kind if a pain)
- Non functioning bolt catch
- The selector switch for your firing modes is easily moved, I personally would like a selector switch that takes more effort to change firing modes
- The gripod's legs when extended are not as good as a regular bipod, but If you honestly want a bipod you have the rail space for any kind you want
All in all I love this gun and it is my favorite gun out of the lot that I have. This gun shoots a little on the hot side, coming in about 400-410 but I imagine with some use that will go down as all springs do. I would say the rps on this is about 15-16 rps with a 9.6v battery. Barrel length is 300mm. I have heard people don't like the hop up system and state it's hard to tell if you are adding more or less hop. I honestly did not have a problem and actually prefer the ICS hop up unit as the wheel is large and easily adjusted. To adjust the hop up you turn the wheel up toward the top of the gun for less and down towards your magazine well for more. Even though this gun was very accurate stock, I decided to add a prometheus barrel and purple bucking and the range and accuracy is even better now! I give this gun 9 out of ten stars because I believe no gun is perfect, but this one is pretty close. "rate of fire 14/15 rps with 9.6
400fps with .2
good weight but with front barrel extension is kinda uneven
barrel extension is about 7 inches so about 160mm
im planning on lengthening the inner barrel so 460mm is bout the inner barrel length you would need maybe a little less though.
the hopup adjustment could be better but about 9 turns up with the notches it shoots father than i can see but i have like 30/40 vision so eh. my backyard it at least 120 feet cause we had to measure for water safety reasons and it shoots easily that far but id expect that from any gun with a good manufacturer. its kinda a pain for the batery cause you have to unscrew the screws on the buttpad but not the hex screw that just attaches the rubber. i put electrical tape on the mag cause there was some wobble. 8/10 "The Gun as far as I know is great!
-Mock Suppressor Removable
-Great and Durable AEG
-Great Full metal Body(Tuff and long lasting)
-Easy to disassemble
-When Barrel is broken/Bent you have to buy a whole new gun
Any other cons I will figure out as I use this gun and as of now I LOVE! Read More Reviews Write a Review
« Back to product description
ICS CXP16L Full Metal Airsoft AEG Rifle w/ Mock Silencer - Tan Features: Full Metal CXP Rail System and Receiver Aggressive Vented Metal Mock Silencer Ergonomic Pistol Grip Retractable Crane Stock Flip-up Front and Rear Sights Full Length Metal Top Rail great for Optics Rail System perfect for Tactical Accessories Bipod Vertical Grip included Integrated Sling Adapter High Power ICS Split-Type Ver.2 Gearbox Length: 885mm-980mm, Adjustable (with mock silencer) Weight: 3000g Inner Barrel: 300mm Magazine Capacity: 450rd Hi-Capacity. Works with Matrix, ICS, Tokyo Marui and other compatible M4 / M16 Series Airsoft AEG Magazines Muzzle Velocity: 400~450 FPS (Measured with 0.20g BBs) Thread Direction: 14mm Negative Gearbox: ICS Split Type Ver.2 Full Metal, Fully Upgradeable Motor: Long Type Fire Modes: Semi/Full-Auto, Safety Package Includes: Gun, Magazine, Bipod Vertical Grip Battery: 9.6v Small Butterfly Type recommended (Wired to Stock Tube w/ Small Tamiya Connector. Battery not included) Hopup: Yes, Adjustable Manufacturer: ICS
Wanna chat about
ICS CXP16L Full Metal Airsoft AEG Rifle w/ Mock Silencer - Tan?
Have questions about this item? We monitor these comments daily, but it may be faster to
email us directly or call us at 1-626-286-0360.
Facebook about THIS with your friends! Comment for a chance to win awesome airsoft prizes. Details can be found on The Evike Facebook Fan Page HERE! Remember to leave "Also post on Facebook" checked to qualify your comment!