ID: 38682 (PH015-TN)
Hover or touch above to zoom
Pistol and magazines in image not included
*Pistol and magazines in image not included
The Phantom Navy Seal drop leg thigh holster is a complete quick draw holster system dedicated to high speed operations. Features includes integrated dual magazine / accessory pouch, MOLLE webbing, dual buckle belt strap for stability, robust military grade construction, ergonomic frame and more.Features:Universal fit accommodates most small to large size hand gun / pistols.Integrated dual low profile magazine pouch.Adjustable leg and belt straps with quick detach bucklesNon-slip rubberized backing prevents holster from slippingMOLLE Webbing on exterior perfect for additional pouches / modular gearFits one pistol and two magazinesDual belt strap for additional secure fitting.Fitting:
1911, M9, Desert Eagle, Hi-CAPA, USP, SIG P226 and other similar size pistols.Color:
Cordura Nylon FabricManufacturer:
BOG / Phantom
California residents click here for Proposition 65 warning
(Write a review)
"When I started looking for a drop leg holster, this one caught my eye due to it not being attached to a strap, so the holster won't wobble and flop around. After taking this holster out for a weekend of pew pewing, This is by far the best holster around! It was very affordable, fits anything you put in it, and can hold extra magazines or Co2. This is definitely a tight fitting holster, so drawing isn't necessarily going to be fast, but like another reviewer said, adding a kydex shell aught to fix that. I like the strap that goes over the top of your gun, it can be buttoned down for a secure fit, or simply velcroed in case you need it again, or both. Another concern of mine was the leg straps, as I am a large man with tree trunks for thighs, I was worried that the strap wouldn't fit around my leg. It did. Barely. But, then I have a tight fit! The key to a drop leg is keeping it high on your leg, not down by your knees, and I had no problem adjusting this to sit at the perfect height. With the straps that adjust vertically, there was so much excess that I really needed to cut off. I did not run into the problem of this holster moving around on my leg, or having it get caught on stuff. It has held up great and I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for a drop leg option that works great and won't make your wallet cry.
"This drop leg holster is awesome I have tried several and this one is hands down the best. I carry a 1911 and don't even have to strap it in. it stays snug to my leg when running no wobble, and no problems. It is a low profile holster when creeping through brush is does not snag or stick out. If you keep the outside strap in the holster it slides back in with ease, I know some reviews say you need two hands to holster but that is not true. The picture of the tan holster is a lie it comes in plain tan not the two tone, witch was a disappointment. One problem I did find the back strap buckle does get in the way when drawing your side arm. All in all a great holster I'm defintly pleased.
"I think this is one innovative product, very novel idea addressing the flaw in most molle dropleg platforms. Here are a few considerations when purchasing this:
* I like how it was design to sit close to the leg. It does avoid flopping around when you run and gun.
* Pistol mag slips in front and behind the pistol. Retention straps for the are adjustable.
* Pistol retention is fully adjustable. The strap closer to the leg has a stiff pad that allows the snaps to disengage as you draw.
* One leg strap attachment. This makes it easier to mount higher up the thigh, where droplegs should be.
* The pistol holster can accommodate any full-size pistols. Echo1 Timberwolf and KWA M226 fits just fine, with and without a weapon light mind you, so that counts for points for the rig. I can imagine a pistol with a mock suppressor should fit nicely.
* Worksmanship and product quality is top notch: material is high-quality, hardware are of good quality that it won't break on you, bar-tacked on the stress points.
Now here are some improvement points:
* Yes it's designed to sit close to the leg. To avoid the right from flopping, you have to secure snug. However, the more the secure the fit, the tighter the holster tends to be. Add a pistol and mags, it pulls the straps tighter.
* The pistol straps can only be adjusted forward or backward. The straps are secured within on molle slot. This lands the retention between the slide and the pistol frame, It would have been good to have the pistol retention strap to be able to move back (or forward) so it lands on the grip.
* If you're used to Blawkhawks and 5.11's, you can't draw the pistol with a proper grip. The rig gets in it's own way. The retention strap gets in the way of your thumb, you can't choke the pistol properly, and your thumb has only enough grip to get the pistol out. As you present the pistol, you have to adjust your grip.
* Reholstering is almost a two-hand affair. Because it fits to your leg, the holster has a tendency to close tight. You need one hand to pry it open, and the second to bring the pistol in. I can imagine the extra liner where the trigger guard hits the holster will fray first.
Adding a replaceable kydex insert should fix all this, this should maintain it's universal appeal.
Three stars for a quality product but two off for functionality loss. Try it and if it works for you great, but this isn't the right rig for me.
Discuss about Black Owl Gear / Phantom Navy Seal Drop Leg Thigh Holster Rig - Tan with your friends and fellow Evike.com shoppers!
Comment or answer questions for a chance to win awesome prizes.
Details can be found on the Evike.com Facebook page.
Remember to check "Also post on Facebook" to qualify for the giveaways!
Have an urgent question about this item? We monitor these comments daily, but it may be faster to email us directly or call us at (626) 286-0360. Our resident experts are standing by to answer your questions!