*Scope shown in images not included
DE M57A APS2 Type96 Shadow Op Airsoft Bolt Action Sniper Rifle - Black (Rifle)
DE is the OEM of the UTG Shadow Ops APS2 bolt action sniper rifle.
- Metal receiver.
- High strength polymer stock
- Large bolt handle.
- Metal adjustable hopup unit.
- 600mm outer barrel.
- High quality full metal trigger assembly, bolt, and bolt handle
- Full metal barrel with integrated scope mount rail
- Ergonomic pistol grip, rubber butt pad, and cheek rest
- Fully functional safety
480~530 FPS (Measured with 0.20g BBs)Fire Modes:
Single Shot, Bolt-actionPackage Includes:
(Write a review)
"Good Bolt Action for the price, definitely get the bipod with it. Upgrading the internals will definitely help it, as I was able to get it to shoot in about a 4 inch group at 65 feet (using .20s) So you could still easily hit a human sized target from 100-150 feet.
The odd thing is this is a different version that previous ones I have seen. Here are a few differences I noticed:
The outer barrel is not a screw in type, it locks in from the mag release.
The inner barrel is not tight inside of it, its held in place by the bolt assembly.
The spare mags I bought DO NOT FIT. I'll exchange or return them as I noticed they are too big to fit, and they are metal so they can't be shaven down without it look like poop.
Mine came with the hopup maxed so I had to fix it, it took me a while but this is what you have to do:
Separate the frame and barrel of the gun by the 2 screws by the trigger guard and further up the gun. Unscrew the two screws holding the barrel locked with the bolt assembly. Unscrew the mag catch / release. Remove the inner barrel from the outer barrel. To adjust the hopup, slide the hopup away from the outer end of the barrel to lower the hopup, for further towards it to raise it.
I couldn't find any instructions or guides on this and just lucked out by experimenting with it.
Good Scope and great bipod that you can get
I would upgrade the internals to increase accuracy and power (I plan to)
I got a slightly wider group that I wanted, but I'm using lighter BBs (.20) so I would atleast get .25 or .28
Spare mags I got did not fit
Would easily recommend this gun If the spare mags would fit.
"The DE M57 is a decent rifle in stock form, but be warned it is not 100% compatible with Well MB01/UTG Type 96 internal upgrades as advertised. Although very similar on initial glance, DE M57 uses some proprietary internals.
1. My DE M57 uses 45 degree sear vs 90 sear. Meaning if you upgrade piston/spring, you'll need to replace trigger box with 90 degree sear. Good idea to replace plastic trigger box with metal box and 90 degree sear anyway.
2. Hop up chamber and inner barrel are slightly different design. The inner barrel has bucking groove on bottom vs on top. Meaning DE M57 bucking is proprietary and different from stock Well/UTG bucking. Although hop up chamber looks very similar, but it is larger outside diameter. The hop up lever is also pinned in a different location. Aftermarket metal lever arm does not fit without drilling a new hole. Cylinder nozzle is larger diameter. If you plan to upgrade to Angel Custom or PDI chamber, you'll need to make modifications to fit. Good news is you can install a tightbore barrel designed for Well/UTG into the stock DE M57 chamber, but you have to use the stock UTG bucking.
3. Outer barrel is different design. Does not thread into receiver. It is clamped into place. The inside diameter is also larger, coinciding with larger diameter hop up chamber. Orange tip is pinned into place vs threaded.
4. My cocking indicator actually works correctly out of the box, unlike Well/UTG. Last round indicator needed modification to function properly, as does the Well/UTG.
I'm not saying the DE M57 is inferior to the Well/UTG in stock form, but internals are slightly different. Not sure why DE decided to change the Maruzen industry standard. If you plan to upgrade, I suggest sticking with tried and true Well MB01 or UTG Type 96 clones. You'll save some headaches when upgrading. I know from experience.
"I got this rifle a few weeks back, and it operated fine. Its fabulously powerful, and amazingly accurate. I can pop cans with this from all the way across my property. (Which isn't very big, but its still surprising.) The gun comes packaged in two parts, which I like, and is also the reason I didn't give this thing a lower score. My gripes begin with the body of the gun, which is one of the two packaged parts. The internal workings, (trigger system, barrel, and hop-up.) all work fine. But the outer body of the gun is made of cheap plastic, which is probably how they got such nice internals into it for so cheap. The problem with this is that now, just four or so weeks after purchase, I've already had to ducktape the shell together to make sure the internals don't fall out, or get jammed in awkward positions. I'm understand and even disregard the fragility of the outer shell, were you able to buy replacements, but after looking it up on evike, there are none to be found. Now to go check other sites.
Powerful, good (but not great) quality internals
Fragile, seemingly irreplaceable outer shell
No built in sights (All I want are pistol style sights, I mean c'mon. That's not that hard.)
This gun is great for target play and backyard fun, and would make a great gun for someone just getting into airsoft. I wouldn't recommend it for actual games though. Also, only buy if your okay with your gun being covered in ducktape. Basically, you get what you're paying for. No more, maybe a tiny bit less.
Discuss about DE M57A APS2 Type96 Shadow Op Airsoft Bolt Action Sniper Rifle - Black (Package: Rifle) with your friends and fellow Evike.com shoppers!
Comment or answer questions for a chance to win awesome prizes.
Details can be found on the Evike.com Facebook page.
Remember to check "Also post on Facebook" to qualify for the giveaways!
Have an urgent question about this item? We monitor these comments daily, but it may be faster to email us directly or call us at (626) 286-0360. Our resident experts are standing by to answer your questions!