||I got this for my Matrix Custom X36C, it looks great on the gun, and having a foregrip thrown in is nice.
It took a little modification to get the handguard pin holes to line up with the body of the gun. It took a cylindrical file and a drill bit to get it to fit properly.
- Made of nylon fiber plastic (as advertised)
- Foregrip is comfortable.
- Makes it easier to get the battery in the gun.
- The handguard has thinner plastic and flexes more easily than the original.
- Using the handguard instead of the foregrip is uncomfortable compared to the original.
- The handguard has a few degrees of horizontal sway when using the foregrip, although it's only noticeable when looking straight down the barrel. This could probably be fixed by adding extra supports to the outer barrel. There's no vertical sway when putting pressure on the foregrip.
All of the cons can be fixed with a little bit of ingenuity.
Over all this is a perfectly good upgrade, although I'm by no means blown away. But hey, you get what you pay for.
Rating: [4 of 5 Stars!]