||so i love this thing. I got it for my PMC look, and its amazing. Right out of the package is wearable. There are two kinds of armor inserts in it. There are front and back soft inserts that take up the entire vest, then there are 9x12" "plates". The vest gets really warm with the soft inserts in, so i suggest taking them out, but leaving the "plates" in. Doing that also makes the vest less bulky, and I live in Southern California, so its already pretty warm down here. The "plates" are just a few millimeters of foam, but they do provide protection.
When the soft inserts are in, you will still feel the shot, but it wont sting, you just feel the force of it. With just the stock "plates" in, you feel it much better, but it still doesn't sting. They are also removable, so if you want to take out the protection entirely for just a look or something, or you can put better, harder plates in.
Its fully adjustable, so the vest wont move around during a game. It covers pretty much everything from your collar bone to the end of your ribs, so there is an area of a few inches that is exposed above your waist. That difference in coverage may change due to the wearer, because I'm over 6 foot, so it may cover your entire torso, or close to it on a shorter person.
also, there is no ballistic protection with this vest, even if you do put a legit plate in, it wont stop a bullet.
pros: It looks really cool
- fully adjustable
- Velcro strip on the chest for patches (i have my secret squirrel path there)
- you can still feel the shots
- soft inserts and "plates" are removable.
- Can take any 9x12" plate
- The Velcro is really strong, so it holds the vest in place
- gets warm with soft inserts
- kinda limits MY shoulder movement, but that may just be for me, due to my smaller shoulders
- soft inserts can sit a bit oddly in the vest, especially around the top of your shoulders and can get uncomfortable or just annoying. I would suggest taking them out and leaving the "plates".
Rating: [5 of 5 Stars!]