||I have owned this gun for about three years now and it is amazing.
I have been in many wars with this gun and while it is considered a "beginners" gun, I have been able to outperform people using $340 rifles, and these are people who i consider to be much better at airsoft then I am.
- Durable: I have had this gun for three years and its held up through many wars in rain, snow and mud.
- Surprisingly good range: I have been able to squeeze an effective range of 150 yds out of this rifle.
- Batteries are stored in the hand guard: This may not seem like much but during winter wars the rifle will loose performance due to the batteries freezing. Putting a hand warmer in the hand guard keeps the batteries warm and the performance up, something you cant do when the batteries are stored in the stock.
- 340 fps: Players can typically see the BBs coming when making long-range shots
- No rails: Can be annoying, but easily fixed by purchasing an extra attachment which costs about $12-15
- Plastic: A majority of the external parts, including the upper and lower receiver, pistol grip, butt stock, and hand guard. I prefer the hand guard and pistol grip to be plastic simply because they don't get as hot either from sitting in the sun or heat from the motor and batteries.
All together this is a great gun that will last a while and serve you well, I would defiantly recommend getting it.
P.S: If you do get this rifle, it is likely that your friend will refer to it as an "M4", but you can impress them by calling it by its proper name: the M16A2 Carbine. Have fun and good luck!
Rating: [4 of 5 Stars!]