||Purchased 2 of these units for echo1 redstar ak47.
1. Cheap junk electric motor.
2. Does not feed fast enough with the battery pack it comes with.
3. Will fall out of the gun. It did this on 4 different echo1 redstar ak's.
The good and fixes:
1. Easy to work on to upgrade. Although I do have a full machine shop, so that does help. Replaced junk electric motor with new 12V motor from jameco electronics. This new motor is 3 times faster on its' rpm's. This fixed problem #1.
2. Since it is steel I was able to mount a new battery pouch on the outside. Manufactured and wired up a 4 C123 battery pack. This is wired in series. With the new motor and battery pack, I do not have to stop firing until I run out of bb's. Also the battery pack has lasted 5 full game days without replacement. That is somewhere around 12000 to 15000 bb's. Problem #2 fixed.
3. The drum is steel not pot metal (aka zinc) construction. Welded a piece of metal and shaped it and fixed problem #3. Now it stays in the gun very securely.
So in a nutshell if you have a $1000 mill, $300 welder, skills to use them, can solder and have $50 for parts, you can make these magazines something to be reckonded with.
Rating: [1 of 5 Stars!]