13 to 21 (of 21 reviews)
"This is a great gun, don't get me wrong when I say that. Just because I gave it 4/5 stars is because I'm the type of player who loves to upgrade his AEG's. Now this gun is extremely easy and familiar to upgrade gearbox wise because it is a version two essentially. I went for a high ROF setup on it and I reached around 33 RPS but the only problem I experienced was with the trigger assembly. If you don't exert some serious force when putting together the two receivers, don't expect your gun to fire for long if at all. (I sold this gun a few months ago)
Can be upgraded
Very unique looking, lots of compliments
Bulpup design allows me to go around tight corners with ease
Awesome battery space
Nice hopup with good range and accuracy
Very easy to disassemble due to quick change spring
Green hand guard...all my gear is tan
Sling mount will wobble some after a while
Slight wobble in grip
No enough screws to tighten up gun
Top rail can only mount a $100 scope
Non-removable flash hider
Weak motor connctors
Slow ROF out of the box, trust me, 15 RPS will not do
Really awkward magazine release
Have to look for m4 mags that work with the l85 "I got this gun for my birthday from my girl friend on a Thursday, went to a game the next day didn't fix the hop up, just pulled right out of the box and it did great. Everybody there wanted to hold and feel the weight of the gun it is heavier but not that bad anybody can use it. I didn't have a battery i had to use a friends battery it was a 8.4v and was struggling but once i got a larger battery later on game day the gun was amazing took down five people in a game.
I LOVE THIS GUN!!!!!!!! "I got this beast and the only thing i can say is WOW!!
the realistic looks of it!!
the only thing con is that my mag i got with this gun did not work :(
I give this gun a 5/5 "Awesome gun! My favorite gun that i have. If you have the money you should definitely get it.
nylon fiber handguard (way better than abs plastic)
for not having a tightbore its very accurate
easily change fps
big battery space with large connector
heavy (11 lbs!!!)
not a lefty gun (only righties can easeily change the mag)
heavy (11 lbs!!!) "The only thing disappointing with this gun is that the orange flash hider that comes with the gun does not look like anything in the pictures. I was expecting the gun to have the standard L85A2 NATO flash hider in metal with the orange painted on the tip, but instead it was a plastic AR15 type, that looks odd on the gun. (in addition its shorter than the NATO flash hider so that adds to the odd appearance)
It definitely ruins the "authenticity" of the gun. I know ICS sells the correct flash hider separately but I can't find it anywhere. I guess it was to much to think they would include it in the box.
Otherwise a really solid and weighty gun. The included hi-cap mags fit snuggly in the magwell, for little to no wobble, however the mags won't drop on their own. "Really good gun. If you are an L85 fan, this is the gun you should look at buying. I play for the CAA, so we get into some pretty serious events, I take this gun to every event if not as my primary as my backup just in case I have a weapon malfunction with my Combat Machine M4. Great rate of fire, the hop up is fantastic (clicks into place, also the dust cover locks into place by pulling it fully back and pushing the green switch near it up), FPS does chrono in at the upper 300's, and with time you wont worry about breaking 400 if you play with an organization that restricts you as a rifleman. With modifications you can go over 400 if you want the gun to have DMR status. Its a bit heavier than some guns (my father said it even feels heavier than the M16 he used at basic during Vietnam), so get a good 2pt sling with it. Be careful when buying midcaps, I havent found a fully compatible set yet and I dump my last 3 bbs. Not a big deal, so overall, great gun.
- Very sturdy, feels solid.
- 350-400 FPS, perfect for CAA
- Rate of fire delivers.
- Easy to access and fine-tune hop-up.
- Break down is easy, cleaning it is a breeze.
- Could be a bit heavy for people who aren't used to it. Maybe 9-10 lbs
- Good, compatible mags are hard to find (for me at least, lol) But it will work with any kind of mag, just dumps the last 3 or 4 bbs. "To put it simply its a great gun. Feels very realistic and it fires very well. THe adjustable spring strength really takes the gun to the next level as well as the high quality internals. My only gripe is that the vent holes on the handguard look too large and there doesnt seem to be any aftermarket parts and or easy to find replacements. Otherwise good gun. "I love this gun and all i can say is wow it is absolutly awsome. i got this gun in feb 09 and used it that weekend in a CQB game and it performed better then any gun i have ever used. i dropped a LiPoly battery in it the day i got it and it sings i had no problem reaching out and touching my buddy at 25 meters. with a couple of short bursts and i was hooked and the great thing is that all the M4 mags i bought for my FN work great so yay. also i dont have the transition problems that i did with my m4 or even my FN when having to go to my off hand for corners and cover. its sturdy and accurate right out of the box which is a problem ive had with other guns i bought in the past. there is also a grenade launcher for it made by star and with a little modification it fits like a glove. its a little Hefty with it but ICS has done it agin. this weapon is reliable and will work well in most situaions.
the only thing i can say i dont like about it is that it is a little loud and with cheap mags it tends to skip rounds and that i cant affored another one so i have two but if something happens to this one i would defenatly get another in a heart beat so thanks Evike for the great AEG "I got this gun back in feb 2009 and all i can say is wow. it is the best aeg I ve ever had i run it with a lipoly battery and she screams at easly 420fps om the mid setting of the spring. Soon I will be mounting the SA 80 grenade launcher on it from star and it will give a better look but this gun is sick as it is out of box i could mount the lipoly and was able to use all the m4 mags i already had. i love the fact that it is nonblow back and the accuracy is awsome. i was able to reach and touch farther then the strafer on the field and in close quarters i was able to transtion to my off hand and fire with out the fuss of lossing site picture. easy to load one handed so you can have quick changes in the heat of battle.
the only problem i had was the motor conecters are a little short so becareful when tearing it down.
and the rail on the top does not except normal picatiny rail sets so a special adapter is needed but other wise this weapon is the cream of the crop.
PS i made this gun a must buy for my Squad captains thank you Kent for your recomendation of this weapon.
Fat Ferret fairbanks airsoft team
fast attack division Displaying
13 to 21 (of 21 reviews)
Back to Product Page
Write a Review