13 to 24 (of 110 reviews)
"After using this pistol for a while ....
Here are some pros and cons that I have
1/ shoots hard
2/ Nice feeling
4/ Makes loud noise to scare other people
1/ Mags fall out if you don't run it with the right holsters
Yeh, that's all about 1911 HI-CAP pistol ....
I will give it 5/5 "An amazing airsoft gas blowback gun and definitely one of the smoothest shooting I've ever tried and now own. I am a 1911 fan and airsoft replicas of the gun are no exception for me. I've tried variants from WE, KWC, and then this. I also love the excellent trigger which is also the most responsive from all those I tried. Claims from veteran gamers about this gun, particularly the tank-tough internals are true. This further cements KJW's claim that you can use CO2 as an alternative for this pistol. (i.e. CO2 magazines are sold separately unless offered together for free with your gun by Evike).
- Amazing range made my stock M4 AEG eat the dust. KJWs Hop-Up takes big credibility for this too.
- Satisfactory accuracy, at 60 to 80 feet I love the instant point-and-shoot capability. Some wind and BB drop determines accuracy further down range.
- I get about 3 magazines full with one fill of green gas.
- I highly recommend using green gas than propane for more consistent silicone oil lubrication. It is my honest assumption this contributed to the superbly smooth operation; the slide feel of which I can compare to "as if gliding over a panel of glass".
- Crisp, responsive trigger. No stacking with each pull.
- If you are inclined to gun safety features, the beaver tail grip safety and ambidextrous safety levers do their jobs.
- Unfortunately, like most mass produced items, it is imperfect. The right side safety lever has become wobbly and does not engage as immediately as the way the left side lever does. This is comparable to my other 1911 Hi-Capa gas blowback with the same problem. However, my other pistol has been shot for a mere 2500 rounds before the issue appeared. My KJW suffered while it is still considerably new. Well, as long as the safety levers do not pop out of their current location, this should be fine. Otherwise, it would have been a missing piece in the field.
- Some paint has begun to chip at the rear end of the slide.
- While orange tips are a requirement in the USA, end-users who choose to remove the tip will have to deal with a painted orange tip. It is not removable-with-a-pair-of-pliers, simply because it is not an attachment. Removal of this tip can be a risk with lawful violations and for the end-user. FYI only. "AMAZING! I recently got this gun and it is fantastic. I got three mags with it, the one it comes with, the holy cow deal, and the bonus co2 mag. this is my primary gun in most fights and I beat my friends who have AEGs. The blowback is great and it is loud but not so loud that it bothers the neighbors. When I play with my friends I use .2 or .25g with this gun and it goes through the leaves so I can get a clear shot when they need to go around the bushes to hit me. I love this gun and I highly recommend buying it.
Holy cow deal and bonus co2 mag
bullets can make it though leaves (makes opponent need to find better cover)
cheap for what you get
loud- (might be con)
Not to loud that it will bother neighbors
co2 sometimes leaks
hard to take apart
requires a lot of cleaning (all gbb pistols do)
I don't have two so I cant have akimbo pistols "This is an impressive gun. It's loud and it's powerful. I got a sniper rifle that I'm not too worried about safety with. This pistol is heavy weight, and I always am aware of how I handle the thing, because I'm afraid of shooting my nuts point black or something. This thing feels like it could really do some damage. Great gun. "This is a great gun! I purchased a CO2 upgrade and I believe the gun can handle it. I have had it for about a year and no problems. I have opened up my pistol and there is no major wear and it still runs beautifully! I also bought extra mags and one of them was leaking but no major problems with KJW. BUY this gun! "This is my first gas blowback pistol I have owned (I have shot a few others before) and I love it. Out of the box it has great range, more than enough as a sidearm, and it shoots hard (helps people avoid not calling hits). I was able to hit a torso at 80 feet with it stock and a piece of paper from same distance with a Nine Ball 6.00 barrel. I use only .23 at the moment, but will move onto .28 later due to physics making them better in all ways basically (except physics can't lower the price of heavier bbs). With .23 it shoots ~340 fps and ~370 with CO2 mag.
If you plan to upgrade the gun, I can tell you a 240mm angel custom 6.01 240mm barrel will increase fps by about 50-60, but to cover it up you need a silencer and the weight of the two upgrades combined puts weight on the front which seemed to mess the gun up after a while. The matrix threaded outer barrel you can get here caused problems to and I don't suggest it unless you do have a slightly longer inner barrel than 112.5mm (maybe like 120mm at least) as it gets caught up in a part of the outer barrel.
High fps (for a pistol)
All metal (does hurt gas efficiency by some amount)
Gas lasts for over 1 mag at least (haven't actually tested the maximum)
Lots of upgrades
Grip is nice
Paint wears off on moving parts (metal on metal)
Thumb safety messed up; it works once you know how to move it. The right thumb safety is loose and basically worthless, but you need it to hold the other side in.
Can't find anything free for it :)
No thread on stock outer barrel
Well that's about all to say about it. I highly recommend this airsoft gun to anyone. I use it as my primary on the field. Who needs M4s anyways? :)
. . . Yes, I have an M4. "First off I would like to say this was my first GBB purchase and let me say i've had a great experience so far! I ordered this pistol about 6 months ago and Evike took 7 days to get to my house, but every time I order from Evike it takes that long. When I first open the gun I took it apart and cleaned it then loaded it up with propane went out side and shot about 8 or 9 mags through it with no jams or misfires. It was surprisingly accurate up to about 80ft. The fps is between 310 and 325. So far I am extremely satisfied with my purchase.
High mag capacity
Its just Awesome
Mags fall out sometimes
You need to clean it a lot if you use the optional C02 Mag
If your looking for a reliable, clean shooting, powerful, accurate, and amazing GBB you've found your gun! "I must say this is one good gun. Reviews dont lie. I bought this based on the 90 postive reviews. SO far i have about about 1,000 rounds through it and it keeps up. I use propane in my mags. I assume as long as you clean and lube your gun after a full days use, it should last.
Pros: Great feel
Good fps at 335 using propane
Cons: None as of yet but only time will tell "This pistol is phenomenal! I ordered this pistol a couple weeks ago and was first skeptical about it, because i heard that co2 is hard on your internals and will break your gun, because i got the 10 dollar co2 mag upgrade. However i thought i was just going to get the co2 mag but i got a co2 mag and a gas mag! So after that relief, i tested the gun out with both magazines. With propane it shoots around 335 i would say then with co2 it kicks up to around 380. It has a nice crisp blowback along with some kick. However this gun is quite loud with co2. Overall a terrific buy! "This gun is great. It is very accurate. If your looking to play CQB matches this is a great gun for you. The gun is heavy, and it feels like a real gun. Only con is the orange tip but that is sanded off EASILY! I shot my opponent in a match with it from about 25 feet, they had a welt from the power even though they were wearing a sweat shirt. If you want a fun and durable gun consider this one. "Ordered this a few days ago and all I have to say is wow, right out of the box this gun is amaizing. All I did was lube and clean and it was ready to go, it felt great in my hand and the look of this gun is sexy (except for the orange tip which can be sanded down.) GREAT gun, buy it!
CO2 and gas compatible
Orange tip can't come off. (painted on) "This gun is amazing. when i first took it out of the box i was already impressed.
Full metal (except for grips)
takes CO2(with $10 more)
no leaky mags
Slide is a tad wobbly(doesn't effect proformance though)
other than that i got nothin..... GET THIS GUN IT'S AMAZINGLY AMAZING Displaying
13 to 24 (of 110 reviews)
Back to Product Page
Write a Review