1 to 12 (of 29 reviews)
"Red dot is underrated you'll be satisfied with either one, bought this today and it has a great build, easy to zero and switch brightness/color "PROS:
- 2 colors of dots: red and green
- 2 brightness of said colors
- Raised mount for those of us who wear face masks
- Seats over most rifle sights
- Adjustment knobs for windage and elevation have tight covers (expect those to wear over time)
- Eh... batteries?
- The "Also Bought" G&P Flash Kill does not thread into the optic.
- Electrical tape doesn't need treads.
LONG (and possibly boring) REVIEW
When I installed this onto my STAR Dragon I loved the looks of the optic and how it sat. I also like the stiffness of the color/brightness knob on the right side. I haven't gotten to a range to dial it in yet, but that's a user thing, since this adjusts for both wind and elevation with tight, and I mean TIGHT covers. You'll need a flat head screwdriver though, so be aware of that (it's not like a flat head is an impossible tool to find). The mount fit securely to my rail, and the whole construction of the dot sight is of rather satisfying quality. I purchased a G&P Flash Killer to help conceal my lense and to protect it. However the flash killer will not thread into the optic; so I used electrical tape to secure it for now. An alternative solution to this is to cut out the end of the front cap and secure the flash killer onto that, and remove the tension spring for added measures.
Recommended accessory isn't compatible without some jury rigging, however basic it may be. "First off, let me answer your first question: Yes you really should buy this sight!
This sight works GREAT and the batteries that came with it have worked for me for quite a while ( 1 month + of usage) so I really like this sight! I use this sight for a G&G cm16 raider, it it works VERY WELL.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW:
1. The green dots are brighter and easier to see than the red dots in the daytime.
2. There are NO THREADS ON THIS SIGHT. If you want to get the G&P killflash for this sight, just know it WONT SCREW IN (but it's not really a problem if you have electrical tape :P)
3. The mount could use a LITTLE help, but it works perfectly fine anyways. "This the red dot is good but the build isn't. Overall the casing is good and quality but the knob used to adjust the brightness and dot color is loose. I received it two days ago to find the knob practically move with gravity causing the dot to change and flicker. Very disappointed. I do believe I just go a poorly made one and that this should not be a common problem. It seems like it should have been a good sight. "I bought this sight and it came in the other day. This sight has my full trust and support. It is full metal, sighted it in this morning and it's super accurate. This sight comes with 2 rubber, flip-up lens caps that I found super useful. I put this sight on my Colt Licensed M4 CQB-R and it looks awesome with the cantilever mount and with no mounting problems. The only complaint that I have about this product is the red dot. If you use this sight, the Green dot is SUBSTANTIALLY brighter than the red dot on both the low and high brightnesses. i give the sight a 5/5
Pro's: Good metal construction
Red and Green dot's
Flip-up rubber lens caps included
Easy to sight in
Con's: The red dot isn't as bright as the red dot on both brightnesses. (not really a
con in my book, because i bought it for the green dot anyway.) "Got this a few days ago, and I love it.
But this sight by G&P just blew me away. It works as good as it looks, and IT LOOKS AMAZING. I've had no issues with it so far. The only thing is that the switch is actually somewhat difficult to turn, but as far as I'm concerned, all that means is that it's going to stay on. I foresee no future issues in the life of this sight.
There are five brightness levels, all of them clearly marked from 0, off, to 5, the brightest. This is the best sight I've ever owned, and at the price it beats the pants off of anything more expensive, including many real steel red dots. "Very awesome dot scope and very durable. Mine is black and it looks sick with my ICS SIG552. I was able to use the red and green dots on there and zeroing in to pin point accuracy is very easy. I'm not sure if the limited edition dot scope has the green as well so dont quote me on it. "So I got the scope today and it's great! I don't think it has a green dot but the adjusters for dot were awesome. Great metal scope. I reccomend a sight protector just incase. "Reticle is too dim. Other than that, works to standard. "THIS SIGHT BLOWS. At first it was alright but it still came with a broken lens cap right out of the box. It was fine for the first week, but right after that the knob used to change the mode became too stiff to even move. It would work fine one moment and get stuck the next. I ended up having to use pliers to turn the knob. I've had it for around 3 months and just today while trying to adjust it the knob fell off all together. Would not recommend.
Pros: The dot reticle looked really nice in the sunlight and outdoors. Comes with lens caps. The sight it's self looks sexy.
Cons: There is a ton of scope that blocks your field of view while aiming down sights. Breaks way to easily. It needs to be tightened with pliers to get it to stay still. My lens cap came broken. The adjustment knob SUCKS.
Would not recommend. For this price there are many MUCH better options. "I bought an Echo 1 mp5a4 RID off a friend and this was on it. I put it on an Echo 1 SCAR, works great. The sight picture is a little dim looking through the sight, but works great. I would buy one. "Alright, got this sight today, came with batteries, YES! the mount kinda sucks, had to tighten a lot with a wrench for it to stop wiggling, but thats ok, because i have a larue mount just sitting around... ok not really, kinda bummed that ill have to pay half the original price for a good mount. other than that no complaints, but mine didnt come with a cleaning cloth :( oh well. silver coated lenses look sexy, and overall the sight is very sturdy. i give the sight 5 out of 5, but the mount a big ZERO. Displaying
1 to 12 (of 29 reviews)
Back to Product Page
Write a Review