1 to 12 (of 17 reviews)
"Over all, a great gun.
Decent range(115 feet)
Wired to rear with deans
Full metal construction
Magpul pts trademarks
Vltor gas block
Most mags wont fit, I've found g&p mags and thicker m4 mags fit well
Rail guards are too long
You don't have it :) "Ok, To start off with this gun is solid as an an airsoft gun can get. There is no rattle or undesirable movement in the body in any way, not even the stock. It is also a snap to tear down since it's wired to the stock, all you need to do is pull the foremost pin, and the upper will divorce from the lower. That said there are some quirks I should address: First, the stock while being solid and steadfast, is stiff and doesn't like to move on it's adjusting rail. Second, the hop up cover does indeed refuse to close, and the slide plate underneath doesn't want to move ether. The upshot to this is that is when you open it, it sticks making the hop up easier to adjust. Lastly I wanted to mention the internals. Everything looked great except for one thing, the piston. They couldn't have put a cheaper piston it this gun. Not 300 shots in and it stripped. Over all this is an excellent gun with externals that are certainly all their cracked up to be.
Ps. The flash hider that came with mine wasn't vltor, it looked just like it, but it's craftsmanship was very poor and nothing like the picture. "got this about 2 weeks ago, and i love it!
the gun is full metal and real steel quality Victor stock. real steel troy battle sights (they can retail for 100 bucks), a VLTOR upper reciever and a magpul lower. both are highly impressive quality and very good looking. the gun is wired to a dean connector and WILL NOT take the 2300 Mah crane stock battery, only the 1600 Mah. ROF is a monster on this, and the FPS is a solid 300 -330. making this ideal for CQB.
high quality EVERYTHING
ROF is insane with a 9.6
charging handle is iffy, cant close the dust cover
takes 9.6 deans 1600 mah battery ONLY (unless you get lipos)
there appears to be a smart phone scan code on the top of the upper reciever?
Overall highly recomended weapon system (coming from an AK fan too that should have some weight) "The basic review; its a great gun with only minor problems.
The longer review; I've had this gun for about 4 months now and used it in a couple dozen games and fired thousands of round through it. I'll start with performance then talk about externals and internals.
-Shoots 340 fps w/ .20s
-Range is about 125ft
-At 125 ft you'll have no problems shooting specific parts of a person
-At 150 ft you'll have no problems shooting a torso sized target
-RoF is insane, on a 9.6v 2300 MaH battery I was getting 24 rps
-Beautiful externals as with every G&P I've owned and seen
-Comes with a glued on flash hider that comes off with a good grip and pliers
-Barrel is incredibly solid and the VLTOR flash hider looks great
-RAS VLTOR sight looks great and easy to adjust of elevation, does not snap into place though and a bump will cause it to fold up or down. When its down, the rail is the same height as the RAS handguard
-Mock 7' Daniel Defense rail system that looks great and with the slim rubber rail covers that come with the gun feels very comfortable.
-Stubby vertical grip is too short to grab with a full hand, but with 3 finger on the grip and your index along the rail is a very comfortable position for shooting
-G&P Magpul lower receiver matched with the VLTOR upper looks amazing and very unique, lots of people want to buy that part alone.
-The bolt cover looks great, but does not snap closed like you get on other guns and you have to press the charging handle forward to get it to close over the hop-up unit which sometimes causes the dial to move adjusting the hop-up
-Molded trigger guard looks great and very comfortable with or without gloves
-Pistol grip is incredibly comfortable, however the motor height adjustment screw does not stay and will need to be adjusted often or you will strip the pinion gear, thread lock will fix this
-Rear sight is very nice and can be adjusted for windage and has day and night settings, unlike the front sight this snaps into place and youíll need to press the side button to flip it down again
-Does not scratch easily, but if you open the gun a lot then expect to see some
-QD sling attachment point is a very nice touch and is very easy to switch hands with the sling attached
-VLTOR stock looks great and is incredibly solid with no wiggle, but if you want to install a normal crane stock battery, you will need to modify the stock by cutting the plastic on the back of the stock to allow the wires to fit
-8mm Gearbox runs amazing on a 9.6v and would run just as well on an 8.4v
-Hop-up is ok, replace the bucking with a systema to get better control
Upon opening the GB
-Gears have shown absolutely no sign of wear and no metal shavings have been found
-Piston is the G&P white piston with the G&P explosive piston head and forms a very tight seal in the cylinder, very little signs of wear on the 2nd tooth
-M120 motor spits out an amazing RoF, but since it's a high-speed motor the trigger response is a little slower and if youíre in a longer firefight it will get pretty hot
-Has Deans wiring so make sure you have the right connectors
Overall this gun has been great for CQB, but due to the range, I donít plan to take it outdoors. The performance you get from the gun means you have a great set-up for most CQB arena. The externals looks amazing and are very comfortable for prolonged use. The internals have run great and show little to no signs of causing problems. If you want something that looks unique thatíll run very nice out of the box this gun would be a great choice. "This "Special Order" gun looks and feels AMAZING!! Shot really well too, until the trigger assembly stripped out after only 2 games.
I opened the gearbox and found a WOOD SCREW holding the trigger assembly in the box (because the screw hole for it was already stripped out). Guess that was cheaper than replacing the gearbox. Nice quality check Evike!!
I would still recommend this gun as it is a BEAST and has all the "bling" that you could want on a CQB length M4. But only giving 3 stars due to the bad quality of the component assembly. Be prepared to purchase another gearbox if ordering a "Special Order" gun from Evike. Unfortunately I'll never buy another one. My "Good Deal" is now gonna cost me more than if I built the thing myself.
-Sturdy, rock-solid feel
-high ROF with 9.6v
-Quality Checks, Quality Checks, Quality Checks!!!
-WOOD SCREW IN GEAR BOX HOLDING THE TRIGGER ASSEMBLY IN...ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?!?!?!?!
-nothing about the components themselves, just mad I'm the victim of lazy techs that only want to cover up their mistakes "first think i want to say is that the pictures of this gun do not do it justice. the externals of this gun are PHENOMENAL!!! the 416 style grip is actually much larger that i first thought, and the Daniel defense rail system is something to behold. Over all the gun has minimal wobble. when i say minimal wobble i mean, im Trying to find bad things about this gun. the rail move no more than a micro-meter, and if everything like the sling attachment and magazine are remover it feels like one solid piece of steel. witch brings me to its major flaw, witch would be the magazine well. the mags wobble around a good .5cm, witch doesn't sound like much, but after a while gets annoying. on the flip side it allows for easy mag installation. with a quick wrap of electrical tape the mags fit nice and snug. this gun is actually amazingly accurate with .25's (i wouldn't use anything less) oh yeah i also forgot to mention that with a 9.6v 1600mh v shaped battery (witch dose not fit in the gun) this monster pumps out about 23bps. overall this is a beautiful gun with excellent features , but some may find it rather odd and futuristic. personally im going to have to put some money into it to make it perfect, but then again i do that with all my guns. "I had this gun for about six months now and i gotta say tha it's my best gun. I ordered it because of the Magpul body and I just went Magpul crazy and bought everything Magpul that a can change on this gun. I kept it all black with 12 Magpul PMags MidCaps. I know that the rate of fire is crazy already but I wanted it even crazier so I had the internals worked on so all you see is a line of bb's running at 350fps, which is great for CQB. "Ok, THIS GUN IS AMAZING! it is worth every penny and has a CRAZY ROF even with a nearly dead non lipo 9.6v battery. around 23 bps on a dead battery, not lipo. although, i dont know why they say that the fps is in the 200's, out of the box, mine was shootin' at around 360 ish. but when i put a longer, tight bor barrel in it, it was shooting at exactly at 400fps. this gun is amazing, just leave it at that. "This rifle is to replace my aging G&P CQB-R (over 5-6 Years Old) So i only expect the best when it come to the internals on this gun.
I would Recommend a batteries with no more then 9.6V. This is more of a high speed motor/Gear set. A 20C 11.1 will turn the motor faster then the gun can keep up.
- Feels great
- Serial number
- Very accurate for its length
- Perfect FPS
- Great motor
- Nice Mid Cap (12o Round)
Down this middle
- Charging handle is sturdy/hard to pull back and can be inconsistent.
- Dust Cover Stays Open, But has a nice spring to keep it close to the body so it will not bounce around when moving
- Hand Grip is So/so. Some may like it, its just hard for me to get a consistent Grip
- Flash hider is Clock wise
- Vertical Grip is great when utilizing the "thumb Break method"
- stock is garbage- hard to Remove, and slim batteries choices
- Rear sight is difficult to raise and lower into position (2 handed operation)
- Will get heavy with out a good sling
Over all i would recommend this Gun, you might need some extra $$ to swap some things around to make it perfect. i have replaced the stock, and front and rear sights to make this guns SCREAM.
Also make sure when you receive to check for your flash hider, mine did not come with a steal one, but evike took care of me.
Thanks "Got this in last week. I re-routed the wires to the front for my PEQ2 battery box. Also replaced the crane stock with the SopMod one, Madbull tightbore inner barrel (M4 length), mock silencer (to hide longer inner barrel). ROF is pretty quick with a 9.6 battery, haven't crono'd yet-my local shop's crono was broken.
1. Full metal Magpul body is HAWT!! (it'll definitly turn heads-hard to do with an M4 sometimes)
2. flip up sights are nicely made, don't feel cheap at all
3. high rate of fire (better than my ICS or my CA)
4. shoots pretty hard (for CQB anyway)
5. included sling mount is great feature-perfect for the single point sling I use
1. FPS may be a little low for the cost (can't verify-just going off the listed one)
2. linking a battery that's useable with the crane stock would be nice (I ordered the wrong one and had to put on different stock to use it).
3. wish it came with the Magpul triangle foregrip instead of the stubbie (I don't like it personally) "This is a beautiful and outstanding AEG. Definitely worth the price. The metal body is outstanding: looks, feel, and durability. The VLTOR body looks unique and sexy. Nice sturdy build. Not wobble at all (expected from G&P). It's nice and heavy (approx 9-10 lbs). The sights are great; I prefer them over my red dot (but that's just me). The bolt make a decently satisfying sound. The QD sling swivel is great for my one point sling. Comes with a deans battery plug. Any mag will feed smoothly into the gun. I got a box set of midcap pmags and it looks fantastic. I do have to say that mags wobble around in the magwell, but it's an easy fix. Just put some electrical tape around your mags to get a tighter fit. The shooting is loud and the ROF is great with 9.6 1600mah battery. Make sure you clean the barrel when you get it because it will make your accuracy amazing. Or you can buy a nice tightbore barrel like me. G&P's internals are outstanding and it TM compatible. It can take up to M120 springs because of the G&P M120 motor. I currently have an M120 spring in my gearbox and it's giving out around 400+ fps with .25's. Overall great buy.
High ROF out of the box
Great for CQB
Hard to fit battery
And that's it. "G&P is the best on the market. The all metal gearbox is top of the line, right down to the aluminum air nozzle. Most of the time, you would have to rebuild your mechbox to get most of the parts in this rifle, it's beautiful inside & out. I've been working on the ver. 2 gearbox for a couple years now and I haven't seen one that comes close to this mechbox. I've seen the "_"WA next generation X2 gearbox, but it's not a G&P gearbox! This rifle out of the box, shoots at 363 fps, has one of the best looking trademarks on a body to date. The rate of fire is serious, this thing with it's 8MM gearbox can put out more bb's than you can imagine. The rifle has been in two weekend wars and has performed flawless.
1. Best Mechbox in the world.
2. Rate of fire is superb.
3. Lipo ready, rec, 7.4 volt 1500mah. Seriously fast Rate of Fire.
4. Light weight, close quarter rifle.
5. All kinds of beautiful up-grades already done!
6. I'm the only person to have one, that I know of.
7. Aluminum Air Nozzle.
8. Up-Graded Trigger Assembly.
9. Solid Build, one of the best handling rifles.
10. "Is what this rifles rates at!" Displaying
1 to 12 (of 17 reviews)
Back to Product Page
Write a Review