This is a pre-order item with an ETA (estimated arrival) of April 2018
A pre-order item is an up coming new product, or an item in the process of being restocked to the Evike.com platform by it's manufacturer.By pre-ordering an item, you will have reserved the inventory availability to receive it before the goods arrive. All pre-order items are eligible for a full refund at any time during the waiting period; simply call or drop us an email with the order # and the pre-order item you would like to cancel for an immediate refund. Due to circumstances such as US customs inspection, factory delays and other situations out of our control, all ETAs (estimated time of arrival) are estimated to our best ability and are subject to change.
- Stamped metal receiver
- Steel outer barrel w/ steel flash hider
- Riveted receiver
- Steel folding stock
- High quality stained wood handguard
- Side mount for AK compatible scopes and optics
- Metal TM spec gearbox with reinforced internal parts
- Neodymium magnet motor
- Metal hopup
- Bakelite style motor grip
498mm - 735mmWeight:
500~rd Hi-Capacity. Works with Matrix, G&P, Tokyo Marui and other compatible AK Series Airsoft AEG MagazinesMuzzle Velocity:
420~430 FPS (Measured with 0.20g BBs)Thread Direction:
Ver 3 Full Metal, Fully UpgradeableMotor:
Short TypeFire Modes:
8.4v 1600mAh Small Stick Type / 7.4v LiPo recommended (Wired to top w/ small Tamiya)Hopup:
Yes, AdjustablePackage Includes:
Gun, Magazine, Manual, 7.4v LiPo Battery, LiPo Smart Charger, LiPo Safe BagManufacturer:
CYMAThings you may need to get started:
Battery and Charger – Required to power your AEG; use a high quality battery and charger for best results.Spare Magazines – Stay in the fight longer by bringing more ammo with you.BBs – High quality precision 6mm BBs recommended; Use 0.20g – 0.25g BBs for best results.Silicone Oil – Basic cleaning and lubrication maintenance help keep your Airsoft AEG in top working order.
CYMA is among the oldest, most experienced and the largest Airsoft manufacturing facility in the world. Known for their unmatched quality control and professionalism, CYMA is selected to be the OEM of a vast amount of Airsoft products. Durability and performance meets affordability!
FPS Range: 420-430
California residents click here for Proposition 65 warning
(Write a review)
"This is mostly going to be an external review of the gun because I've yet to test it's performance, but I must say, CYMA did a decent job on this one - As it's known, the gun is mostly stamped steel. every external metal part except the rear sight trunnion, top receiver release button, charging handle, stock clip (for retaining in folded position), scope mount, trigger, and front sight assembly is a durable steel alloy. The aforementioned parts are pot metal, but a seemingly decent quality pot metal that is mostly aluminum by the feel of it.
The handgrips are real wood (and decent quallity wood, not rubberwood or particleboard) and the finish on them is actually decent, not bright orange, not plastic-y brown, just an overall decent finish on it. The handgrip is the only polymer part externally and what's interesting about it is that it is a slight purple-ish color, designed to imitate plum furniture, which I thought was a beautiful touch.
The magazine leaves a bit to be desired, as it has a texture on it that will make it difficult to sand and stain to resemble real bakelite (not to mention the ribs along the side get in the way if you wanted to do that as well), so I'd say just pick up some different mags for it. The only issue I have with this gun is it's flash hider - unlike most people where out of the box, you can unscrew it from the adapter in order to fit a mock suppressor, the flash hider was glued onto the adapter, and a small allen set screw gouged the barrel underneath when I tried to unscrew it.
The flash hider locking pin also has glue in it for some rediculous reason, so you will have to work that back and fourth and use a generous amount of WD-40 on both ends in order to get it to not stick. The allen screw on the flash hider takes about a 1.5mm key to remove, and once you do, you will find it impossible to free the adapter inside the flash hider. I tried boiling it, I tried a hair dryer, the thing would not come loose, so long story short, get that allen screw out immidiately before trying to unscrew the barrel and you'll need to pick up another adapter or find a 14mm negative threaded suppressor or ak-74-compliant flash hider if you want to swap out the ugly blaze orange flash hider with something else.
Other than that, I absolutely love this gun's externals - everything feels rock solid and able to take abuse. I can't wait to get use out of it!
- Almost all metal parts are a durable steel alloy
- The 'real wood' grips are actually real wood
- Aesthetic plum handgrip
- Rock solid externals that you'd have to be trying hard to break
- Hefty gun! (Could be a con for some)
- Little to no wobble in any removable parts
- Externally Upgradable
- Comfy to hold
- Flash Hider is glued onto adapter, cannot be reed without taking the adapter off with it
- Adapter fixed in place with smallest possible allen screw, gouging the barrel is a risk if you don't notice it
- Flash Hider locking pin is seized up with glue for no good reason, will stay locked back until you work it enough to grind away the glue
- Blaze orange tip is impossible to remove without gouging metal - just buy a different flash hider or suppressor
- Magazine does not seem durable and is designed to be near-impossible to convert into a 'fakelite'
- Serial code on side stands out a bit and looks ugly
"First the bad yet easily fixed issues:
1. The iron sights are canted to the left. I think they pretty much leave the factory like this. You can easily put a side scope mount and apply a red dot.
2. The stock magazine doesnt like to feed .25+ weighted BBs very consistently. Just bought new mags from Lancer Tactical and they work real well.
3. Power is pretty hot for most fields. Mine was shooting 388fps with .25 BBs and shoots 345fps with .30 BBs.
1. With .25 BBs I think the spring is a bit too powerful and the hop-up a bit sensitive. The .25s would just fly right or left after about 90 feet. I used .30 BBs and it shoots spot on. I dont even use a scope and I am getting some decent range and accuracy. I am able to reach out and touch opponents at 120 feet with precision.
2. Its an AK. The battery is loaded in the top receiver and can easily install/remove battery.
This is my go to AEG. Its affordable and performs great. I have only used it twice in the field but the performance on game day is spectacular. I have no complaints, other than the iron sights, of the build quality. Everything seems to function flawlessly for a $150 AEG.
"CYMA has really stepped up their game.
Handguards are real Oak, finish from the factory is meh but i refinished them with stain and oil finish and it looks beautiful now.
Almost everything is steel except the outer barrel, front sight post, rear sight trunnion, bolt assembly.
YES, THE RECEIVER IS STEEL, but evike will not label as such.
Gives the gun some decent heft and weight.
Gun comes with neodymium motor which is a nice touch, shoots a little faster on a 7.4 lipo but not a huge noticeable increase from a regular motor. Metal hop up further increases the gun's value.
With .3 Goldenball BB's, I had relatively small groupings at a decent range (keep in mind that this is a more compact rifle, shorter barrel.)
Overall, very nice build quality and performance for the price. Cannot beat CYMA for their value.
Discuss about Pre-Order ETA April 2018 CYMA Stamped Metal AK74U w/ Folding Stock Airsoft AEG Rifle - Wood Furniture (Package: Add Battery + Charger) with your friends and fellow Evike.com shoppers!
Comment or answer questions for a chance to win awesome prizes.
Details can be found on the Evike.com Facebook page.
Remember to check "Also post on Facebook" to qualify for the giveaways!
Have an urgent question about this item? We monitor these comments daily, but it may be faster to email us directly or call us at (626) 286-0360. Our resident experts are standing by to answer your questions!
This is a pre-order item.
Pre-order estimated arrival: April 2018
By adding a pre-order item to your shopping cart, you will guarantee yourself to have the item reserved before they are offered as an in-stock item. Often, you will also save on shipping while not risking a rate item being sold out before you have a chance to buy it. Being the largest Airsoft distributor in the America continent, Evike.com is the gateway for many exciting items entering the Airsoft world. All pre-order items are tagged with our best estimate on arrival times factoring in manufacture delay, us custom examinations and other factorys to the best of our ability. The goods on pre-order generally arrive before they are past due or on-time 99% of the time. All pre-order items are processed subject to item availability on a first-come, first serve basis. All orders and payments are processed at the time of payment. Buyer reserve the rights to a full refund on any pending pre-order items at any time.