We were answering the performance demands of professional athletes when another group came calling: the industrialized world. Its no secret that Oakley protection technologies have been embraced by soldiers, SWAT team members and others who take their view of the world seriously. From heavy industry to home repair, workers wanted that same level of protection, so we created the Industrial M Frame. Tested and qualified as true safety glasses, this lens/frame combination meets ANSI Z87.1 standards for clarity and impact resistance, as well as the protection criteria of Canadas CSA Z94.3-02 standards.
For the high-mass impact test of ANSI Z87.1, a 5-inch metal spike (17.6 ounces – more than a pound of weight) is dropped on the lens from a height of more than four feet. To pass the test, absolutely no frame parts or lens fragments that could contact the eye may be ejected during impact. For high-velocity impact testing, a quarter-inch steel shot is blasted from a pneumatic cannon to hit the lens at 102 mph. Lenses are shot from various angles. To pass the test, no contact between the lens and eye is permitted, and absolutely no frame parts or lens fragments that could contact the eye may be ejected during impact.
This level of protection is made possible by proprietary geometries and materials. Oakleys patented technologies maintain optical clarity with lens contours that enhance side protection from sun, wind and impact. Stress-resistant O Matter frame material is engineered with a critical degree of flexibility to absorb impact. Plutonite lens material is impact resistant and offers added protection by filtering out 100% of all UVA, UVB, UVC and harmful blue light up to 400nm. The UV protection is built into the lens material – it is not a surface coating that can wear away – so even our Clear lens offers the full level of UV filtering.
Safety isnt limited to impact protection and UV filtering. Sometimes, the most important thing in avoiding hazards is spotting them in the first place, so this eyewear utilizes High Definition Optics (HDO). HDO is a collection of patented technologies that allow the Industrial M Frame to surpass ANSI Z87.1 optical standards including tests for Clarity (by maintaining visual sharpness at greater viewing distances), Refractive Power (by minimizing the affects of a common optical aberration that causes inferior lenses to magnify images like prescription lenses), and Prismatic Power (by minimizing the affects of a common optical aberration that causes inferior lenses to bend light, a weakness that makes objects appear shifted from their true position).
- Durability and all-day comfort of lightweight, stress-resistant O Matter frame material
- Comfort and performance of Three-Point Fit that holds lenses in precise optical alignment
- Metal icon accents
- Unobtanium earsocks and nosebombs
- Nosebombs are interchangeable
- For medium to large faces
- Optical precision and performance that meets all ANSI Z87.1 standards
- Impact resistance that meets all ANSI Z87.1 standards for high-mass and high-velocity impact
- UV protection of Plutonite lens that filters out 100% of UVA / UVB / UVC & harmful blue light up to 400nm
- Glare reduction and tuned light transmission of Iridium lens coating (optional)
- Minimized glare via technology that produces the best polarized lenses on the planet (optional)
- Interchangeable lenses to optimize performance in any environment (vented lenses optional)
- Oakley Polaric Ellipsoid™ lens shape
- Available with Oakley prescription lenses
Plutonite Lens, O Matter FrameManufacturer:
Discuss about Oakley Industrial Tombstone - Matte Black w/ Grey with your friends and fellow Evike.com shoppers!
Comment or answer questions for a chance to win awesome prizes.
Details can be found on the Evike.com Facebook page.
Remember to check "Also post on Facebook" to qualify for the giveaways!
Have an urgent question about this item? We monitor these comments daily, but it may be faster to email us directly or call us at (626) 286-0360. Our resident experts are standing by to answer your questions!