"If you are considering this AES (Airsoft Electric Shotgun) as one of your new or next guns to get then I highly recommend it! I purchased mine months ago and have run it through many games. This beast will have a huge intimidation factor on anyone who isn't on your team... actually you own team should be afraid as well. Even you. Along with the mass intimidation she is kinda loud and has her own sound so people may know when your nearby and will start to fear the worst. I currently use a 7.4 1000mah lipo but there is plenty of space for a battery with a larger mah. However a 7.4 lipo or an 8.4 NiMh is as big as the gun will allow because of the built in FET system. The FET system will not allow the use a bigger battery such as an 11.1 lipo or else you would end up burning out the motor. You will just get a solid red light in the battery compartment to let you know the battery is to big and won't allow the gun to be used and if your battery is low the red light will just blink instead.
This is a shotgun of course so she is best suited for CQB matches. Don't expect any long range and mid range is a possible at times. I use 0.28g bb's outdoors and 0.20g indoors. With 3 adjustable hopup's that you access by pulling back the mock charging handle you can adjust the spread of your shot at different angles. The left will adjust your shot to shoot at 45 degrees to the lower left, centre will be up/down as normal, and the right at 45 degrees to the lower right. So with that you can adjust your shot in the form of a triangle to be more effective at different ranges which is superb!
Like a previous review the full auto fire rate is more like the real thing. You can hear and feel the difference (no there isn't much of any recoil) between each shot and with 3 bbs at every shot you don't need a high fire rate. Perfect for the 93 round magazines. It won't make a difference with the drum mag but you don't want to burn through ammo either.
The sights might take a little to get used to but their still great for the gun. If you have a large full face mask or a bulky half face wire mesh mask like what I use it is still easy to use. Or hip fire like Terry Crews in The Expendables.
Personally I don't find the weight a problem with running around which is at around 9 pounds but it is well balanced. The drum mag will most likely throw off the balance a bit but I wouldn't know for sure yet. I only just ordered it. I'll probably put a review on of that as well when I get some quality time in with it.
Overall I really can't say anything bad about this gun. If you want to dominate CQB matches then this is definitely the right choice. And this gun is special. She deserves her own name so give her one when you buy this AA-12. Most people at my local field actually refer to mine as "Rachel". Some may think it's weird or strange but it's all just for a laugh and we all enjoy the sport.
- limited spread adjustment
- ROF for this gun
- loud (maybe a con for some)
- battery space
- FET system
- 3 barrels with separate hopups
- moral boost for you team
- you don't have this yet
- that means you haven't given her a name either
- might scare your own team as well "This gun has many practical applications in Airsoft as far as park play goes. With the ability to fire three simultaneous shots per trigger pull, I've noticed it allows this gun to be efficient in situations regarding shooting into windows of buildings/doorways, suppressing targets up to 200+ feet (or within), and eliminating multiple enemies in a single area. I personally have no issues or complaints so far, and based on the build quality, that will remain. If I can say one thing, you definetly need either multiple magazines or the 3,000 round drum mag, which aren't very cheap in their own, but a worthy buy considering the importance of staying loaded up on ammo. As far as practicality for Milsim use, considering its (considerably) heavy weight and fast dispersion of ready ammo, I personally don't see this being a wise field gun for big Ops unless you are replacing a SAW gunner. One great feature is the triple hop up wheels, allowing you to essentially change the spread of the BBs. For a 260 FPS gun, it reaches great distances (250ft-300ft with .25s). The only issue is that since it shoots soft for a park gun, players sometimes neglect the fact they get shot from a distance. If you look to bring a good fight up, I highly recommend the purchase of this gun.
- Great Area Coverage
- Very Sturdy
- Reaches Great Distances
- "AA12" Trades
- Very Effective In Eliminating Targets
- Low FPS
- Proprietary Gearbox (for now)
- Heavier Than Most Field Guns
- Laughable Standard Ammo Capacity "All i have to say is AWESOME!!! had plans to pick this up when it became available in the states and when the drum mag came in stock. This thing is a game changer(at least where i play) it has a certain intimidation factor to it when used effectively, it has a very unique and LOUD sound signature not un like the real AA12 albeit in a gear box sounding way. I was able to lay down quick and saturated cover or suppression fire while myself moving around cover. coupled with a drum mag the fun time never ends.
The construction and craftmanship is very nice as expected from Tokyo Marui, I wont lie, this thing is heavy for its size and many complain about its looks and how ugly it is. To me this rifle is a big brute that has one job like an A10, destroy.
I'm sure if your reading this you've done some homework on this rifle and know what your getting into, I only suggest a 7.4 1600mah lipo to run this as it eats batteries for breakfast on full auto. I am only using .25s with great results(hopup needs wearing in).
overall this is a very unique and fun rifle that has started so many discussions at my local field, its a conversation piece and people love to give it a go. Read More Reviews Write a Review
« Back to product description
Tokyo Marui "Sledge Hammer" Full Size Airsoft Full-Auto Electric Shotgun
Tokyo Marui introduces the worlds first AES or Airsoft Electric Shotgun in the from of the AA12 otherwise known as the "Sledge Hammer". Featuring a unique proprietary geabox and tri-barrel configuration, the Sledge Hammer utilizes three separate hop-ups allowing the user to zero in their bursts for the utmost effectiveness in combat. The sledge hammer is the shotgun you turn to when you are in search of total CQB domination.
Features: Injection molded polymer body with integrated metal alloy inner frame for improved durabilty Proprietary tri-shot AES gearbox fires three rounds per trigger pull in semi-auto Tri-barrel configuration with individual hop-ups allows for fine tuning of range and accuracy Integrated FET protects trigger switch Wired to the stock Full auto firing capability puts withering firepower in the users hands 90 round drop free magazine Length:
~260 FPS (Measured with 0.20g BBs)
8.4V small type ONLY wired to the stock with small Tamiya connector
Gun, Magazine, Manual
Things you may need to get started: and Battery – Required to power your AEG; use a high quality battery and charger for best results. Charger – Stay in the fight longer by bringing more ammo with you. Spare Magazines – High quality precision 6mm BB’s recommended; Use 0.20g – 0.25g BB’s for best results. BB’s – Basic cleaning and lubrication maintenance help keep your Airsoft AEG in top working order. Silicone Oil
Wanna chat about
Tokyo Marui "Sledge Hammer" Full Size Airsoft Full-Auto Electric Shotgun?
Have questions about this item? We monitor these comments daily, but it may be faster to
email us directly or call us at 1-626-286-0360.
Facebook about THIS with your friends! Comment for a chance to win awesome airsoft prizes. Details can be found on The Evike Facebook Fan Page HERE! Remember to leave "Also post on Facebook" checked to qualify your comment!