"Just received my mag in the mail today, when I opened up the package the mag seemed a lot smaller than in the picture, a lot lighter than what you would expect too. Overall the quality is great; however, mine had one issue. The drum mag comes shipped with 2 different parts. The drum itself, and then the adapter part that you slide into the drum. The drum comes with the 2 screws needed already half screwed in so you can easily un-screw them and assemble your drum mag. Unfortunately, my mag came with one of the screws inside of the drum mag itself so when ever I tried to assemble it I only had 1 screw. The drum mag requires 2 screws for the adapter or it is installed at an angle which will result in a feeding issue for your gun if it even fits inside. I tried turning the drum mag upside down to get the screw out but it was stuck in there. Overall it seems like a good product, and I think i'll order another one and hopefully have better luck!
"Let me first start off with applauding Angel Customs for their amazing work with the creation of this product. Truly innovative and ergonomic design.
1. Lightweight and compact outer design that lends itself to being able to carry multi drum mags without reach fatigue.
2. It's length is similar to an M4 magazine and the width is bearable (fits into an IFAK/USGI Canteen pouch).
3. The type of plastic lends itself to no creating much noise with the BB's at half a magazine.
4. It can withstand drops, bumps and scrapes without breaking the outer shell, flexible yet firm plastic.
5. The flash mag concept is brilliant.
1. The full retail price tag at $80 is on the borderline of being over-valued. The on-sale price tag of $55-60 is a much more acceptable range.
2. With a full wind, I get approximately 175-250 rounds shot before I need to re-wind.
3. I own 3 of these magazines and have played with them over the course of 9 months, once a week. One of them was one of the first magazines off the production line.
3.1 The oldest one I own has had feeding issues since day one, before the magazine failed completely. I had put approx. 180,000 rounds of .28 bb's through it within the course of 7 months average about 3000-4000 bb's per game day. When firing at 15 RPS, the magazine would constantly misfeed and cause an unwinding of the mag during a firefight, I have retired that magazine... With that being said, the newer one's hardly gives me that issue anymore.
4. It fits in multiple platforms: G&G Combat machine, Tippmann M4, Ares Amoeba
5. Some rifles, like an Elite Force Hk M27 IAR will need the box around the base of the magazine will need filing down in order to fully lock in the magazine.
1. After playing with this magazine for 7 months straight 1 day a week, using , loading and winding the flash mag as intended by the company, using all the correct steps, the steel pull cord frayed, jammed my flash-mag and snapped the wire. Thus making it unserviceable. I expected the cord to not snap at all considering the full retail pre-order price and the correct employment and use of the magazine. I expected it to work. All man made things break, but an expensive magazine like this should have had better wire/better materials used.
2. It doesn't come with a 2.5mm hex key to fix internal magazine issues.. If I wasn't around people who owned a 2.5mm hex key, my mags would have been down a while ago. I just don't see why this was never included in an $80 magazine for trouble shooting.
3. The feeding tube inside the magazine isn't glued, taped or fixed in place. If dropped, bumped or mishandled in anyway could potentially knock the feeding tube out of place and put you out of the game and potentially cost your team the victory.
After giving it a long hard thought, I believe the "Okays" and "Bads" outweigh the "Goods" enough to warrant a 3/5.
Most people reviewing only review a couple weeks or months after but I have almost a solid year of shooting and almost 250,000 rounds fired between all 3 Firestorms I own.
How could you guys at Angel custom make this better?
More reinforced pull cords so they don't fray and snap, reinforced feeding tubes so they don't fall out of place, come with hex keys for troubleshooting.
Thank you for your time and I hope we can work together to make this magazine the best drum magazine on the market.
"Beautiful purchase. This thing looks great, performs perfectly, and is well worth the money. It fits nicely in my Gato keymod m4 (not a very common gun, sorry) and it feeds flawlessly for the 17-20rps (not chrono'd.) There are so many upsides to this thing, especially since its a flashmag theres no annoying electric wind to deal with, and theres no wheel to spin for eternity. The string on this thing is sturdy, and if anything does break, it has very easy access to fix. It takes about 5-7 full pulls from completely unloaded, and after around 250-350 shots it needs another couple pulls to continue. It is very lightweight and holds a huge amount of ammo, and is pretty compact in my opinion. it has a very sturdy construction and im love with it.
can fit most guns, just need to change the adapter
easy to fix
its a flashmag
no motor to deal with
huge capacity for its size
very reliable feeding
fits my model well
compact enough to fit in dump pouch or other container
doesn't come with the adapter attached (could be pro, easy to put on/remove)
doesn't have specific allen key for screws to attach adapter
doesnt come with any instructions (none really needed)
a little pricey, but well worth the money
overall this thing is perfect if you want a great alternative to carrying a bunch of mid/high caps, or if you want to have something unique in your possession
I HIGHLY recommend this to ANYONE