Polarstar JACK V2 M4 / M16 Electro-Pneumatic Gearbox Conversion Kit EMG Edition - Blue/Silver
The JACK™ system was designed to answer the demand for an affordable, high performance HPA (High Pressure Air) conversion for AEG's. The system is a drop-in cylinder replacement that is universally compatible with a wide range of gearbox versions that have center-line nozzles.Similar to its sister product, the F1, it replaces the original gearbox components with a programmable pneumatic system allowing for higher performance and greater reliability over a gear driven system. Although economically priced, JACK™ still retains the same performance and quality you have come to expect from PolarStar products.JACK™ has only 1 moving part, the nozzle, which acts as its own poppet valve which is piloted by the solenoid. With the exception of the poppet being integral to the nozzle, the valve is similar to the poppet valve used in the previously released Fusion Engine™ and is what gives JACK™ its signature muzzle report. The system itself only has 6 parts and can be completely disassembled by hand in a matter of seconds so the system is very reliable and easy to maintain.Just like all other PolarStar HPA conversions, JACK™ also allows for easy velocity adjustment. Using a standard M4 as an example, velocity can be adjusted from below 280fps and up to approximately 500fps with a .20g BB. This can be done simply by adjusting input pressure and poppet dwell to fine tune your rifles velocity in increments of just a few FPS at a time. Maximum velocity potential of the system will vary depending upon the barrels length and tightness of the bore. Longer and tighter barrels will yield a higher velocity while shorter or wider barrels will be yield a lower velocity.As with all of PolarStar's electro-pneumatic conversion kits, you can quickly change and adjust key functions of JACK™ via the on-board FCU (Fire Control Unit) which is no bigger than an AEG's MOSFET and can easily fit inside of a rifles battery compartment along with a small Li-po battery. Using the FCU's five position joystick and LCD display you will be able to easily and precisely adjust such functions as the systems cyclic rate, fire modes and poppet dwell on the fly.Although efficiency was not a critical requirement during development, JACK™ does boast some highly respectable figures in this category. This is made possible by is compact and intelligently laid out design which minimizes dead volume resulting in better air flow, faster response and less air used per shot. As a result JACK™ is considerably more air efficient than a bone stock Fusion Engine™ when operating in the same velocity range.HPA system not included
- Designed, manufactured and built in the U.S.A.
- Assembled from CNC machined aluminum components with high performance delrin nozzle
- Universal cylinder design is compatible with numerous gearbox versions
- Optimized flow profile, firing point and flow path promotes superior shot consistency and accuracy
- Capable of functioning in damp and sub-freezing climates without affecting performance or reliability
- User selectable Semi/Full Auto, Semi Auto Only and Variable Burst modes
- Independently adjustable velocity and cyclic rate
- Auto Switch mode allows for proper selector configuration for specific models
- Easy to use Fire Control Unit (FCU) with LCD display and five position joystick
- Instantaneous trigger response. Faster than an AEG with a Li-po
Aluminum / DelrinCompatibility:
Tokyo Marui Spec Version 2 GearboxesIncluded Nozzle Type:
M4 / M16 SeriesRate of Fire:
1 - 30+ RPS (Adjustable)Muzzle Velocity:
500 FPS w/ .20g 6mm BB @ 120 PSIFire Modes:
Semi / 2 - 9 Round Burst, Semi / Full Auto, Semi OnlyPower Source:
HPA (High Pressure Air via Remote Air Rig)FCU Battery:
7-10VDC w/ JST ConnectorPSI Operating Range:
40 PSI - 130 PSI (Do NOT exceed 130 PSI, otherwise you may damage the internals)Package Includes:
Pre-Assembled JACK Conversion KitBattery:
7.4v-9.6v NiMH or Lipo (Not included).Manufacturer:
PolarStar AirsoftRequired for Operation:
Complete TM Spec AEG rifle with gearbox, Regulated Air Rig, HPA Tank, Battery (Sold Separately)Installation:
JACK™ will be installed into the shell of your AEG's gearbox. The only parts which you need to retain from your gearbox is the trigger w/ spring, safety assembly and selector components. Retain the original spring guide for models which require that the stock be secured to the gearbox and not the receiver.Compatibility Disclaimer:
The Version 2 - M4/M16 kit is compatible with most TM Spec AEG's in that rifle series. This kit is compatible with other TM Spec rifles which use a Version 2 gearbox with the traditional open contact trigger switch. In most cases only a model specific nozzle is required to install the system into another model (i.e. M4 to MP5). If your rifle has an electronic micro switch (i.e. Ares Amoeba) you will need to purchase the kit for that specific model series which will include a different switchboard.Disclaimer on High Pressure Air (HPA) Systems:
Only HPA or Nitrogen should be used with the JACK™ system. CO2 and Propane cannot be used. Using liquid propellants such as this can result in damage to the system.
HPA Tanks are a safe and effective source of power though there are some precautions you must follow. Please follow these proper precautions when using HPA systems:
- NEVER put oil in the fill valve of the tank, or else the tank can combust on refill and serious injury can occur. Lubrication is not necessary in HPA systems.
- ONLY allow properly trained professionals to fill your HPA tank.
- ALWAYS double check your Regulator pressure. Never raise the regulated pressure above 120 PSI
- Make sure to have your tank Hydro-Tested when necessary. (Usually 3-5 years from date marked on tank, depending on make and model)
- Be sure to properly transport your HPA tank. Store in a safe, secured place when in a vehicle, and be sure to stow in a bag or tank cover when in use. Avoid dropping the tank on hard surfaces as this can seriously damage the tank and lead to failure.
- Always turn off the tank and bleed the air line when you are done. This will ensure a longer tank and system lifespan.