"So I have had mine for about 1 month now and I have to say it was a rocky start. At first the bolt was super easy to pull back, great power and accuracy. Something I could never find in reviews of this rifle is how light the trigger pull is even with a 600 FPS spring installed. Then after a few game with it, the slam firing started and it progressively got worse and worse until it was not usable. So I looked around and bought the ARES CO2 conversion kit. This made it usable again just not as good as I would have liked. So I finally had enough and opened the trigger box up only to find one of the springs was broken and wouldn't hold the sear in place. Once I fixed that I never had a problem. The co2 kit adds massive power and a new angel customs 6.01 inner barrel with a new Reaps Hopup makes it seriously accurate.
"I'd have to say, I was pretty excited to take this out of the box. It has a really nice finish and it was kinda hefty when I lifted it up for the first time, heavier than a regular vsr-10. This is pretty cool and I'v put on a scope and bipod, but I've put it through its ropes through two full day games stock.
day 1 (Stock)
1) The hop up was crazy hard to adjust because it is located above the barrel right in front of the foremost rail where your scope goes, so if your scope is to big/long, its going to cover it up and make it a hassle/ inconvenience to adjust it. Otherwise the hop up adjustment can be adjusted with a hex screw, cw for more hop, ccw for less.
2) The bolt is hard to pull back but can be made easier by either lubing up the internals with silicone spray, or just changing the spring, the stock spring is wider than an upgraded spring.
3) Shooting: The hop up is no good. I was shooting out at ~60-70 feet and the bb would just curve like crazy, i'm using .3g bbs. adjusting the hop up was no good as I was trying every hop up setting I could to get on target. I couldn't even get on target the first day and I had to basically wait until people got to within 100 feet for me to even try and hit them. now remember, the gun is stock.
Day 2 (stock)
1) I thought maybe the bbs I was using were too light, so I switched to .4o gram bbs. The same thing happened, totally inaccurate and inconsistent shots, with bb flight totally out of whack.
2) I finally go on target for about 20 shots before the gun totally failed me and started skewing my bbs again and making shots inaccurate.
The solution: I opened up my rifle when I got home and looked at the ARES internals. Inside the mag well, there is a really cool ARES hologram with a unique serial number. There are two screws under the trigger assembly which needed to be removed and the bipod stud in the front of the gun needs to be screwed off as well, there is a tool that is included with the mcm700x (DO NOT THROW THIS TOOL AWAY OR LOSE IT!!!!!!!), you use it screw into the trigger sear from the trigger guard and then pull it out in order to release the bolt from the chamber. Then you can remove the bolt and barrel assembly from the stock. looking at the trigger group it is a proprietary trigger assembly with a proprietary piston sear. The hop up chamber is also proprietary and neither of the parts in these components can be swapped out. The inner barrel is not tight bore (thats why i was getting inconsistent shots), but it comes with barrel spacers. The hop up - inner barrel assembly was really hard to get out and needed to be pushed out from the front of the barrel through the back with another inner barrel. The internals are crap and the worst part is that it is not fully vsr-10 compatible as advertised on some websites. the parts in this gun belong to this gin alone and if you do find after market upgrades, please let me know. But I did change out what I could:
Angel Custom VSR-10 Bolt Action Sniper Rifle MAX Piston and Cylinder Head Set
Angel Custom V-Teeth Hopup Bucking for WE Airsoft GBB Rifles & Pistols / Marui VSR-10 (Over 370 FPS)
Angel Custom PSS10 Mega-Up VSR-10 Power Up Spring - SP190 (520~600 FPS)
MadBull Black Python 6.03mm ECHO1 M28/ VSR-10 Style Tight Bore Barrel Ver. 2 (517mm)
Angel Custom Delrin Inner Barrel Spacer Set for Tokyo Marui VSR-10 Airsoft Sniper Rifles
Hopefully my gun will do better with these upgrades, but for a nearly $400 dollar sniper rifle, i would have expected better from ARES (especially ARES). With mostly proprietary parts, a difficult hop up, and poor performance out of the box, i would just recommend getting an AGM or JG bar-10 or VSR-10 which are "FULLY" upgradeable......buuuut...you can't beat the "feel" of the gun, it really feels nice, looks nice and the weight just makes it feel like a rifle and not a toy, even thought its essentially a "toy", most cheap VSR-10 rifles get glossy after a while or come glossy already and it just looks plain ugly. The flat matte finish on the metal parts and stock make this a worth while gun to have if you plan on putting in some necessary upgrades into it. hopefully this helped, 3/5 stars for this gun, 2 because it looks cool, and 1 just because its ARES. -2 because internals are just so lame. oh and magazines are also very hard to find. If you have this gun, its easier to load the mag and insert a full mag into the gun. because there is a chamber which holds ~40 bbs, the 40 bbs will automatically fill the chamber. then remove the magazine and reload the mag so then you'll have a full chamber as well as a full magazine and you'll be able to click off about 50-60 rounds without ever having to reload the chamber itself. and you'll also avoid the annoying "tilting" of the gun in order to reload a bb into the hop up. I hope i've covered everything, performance review once I put in the upgrades and field test it again.
"I got this gun about few weeks ago and i must say it is one of the most accurate spring sniper rifles i have ever seen. Its a laser. The gun is very high quality and is rock solid with no wobble between the barrel and the stock like some weapons. The bolt is very easy to pull back and the stock is made out of very nice rubbery plastic. Colors are great and i have only one complaint. My magazine is unable to load without all the bbs flying out. I don't know if this is common or if i got a bad mag. Other than that its a great buy.