*Red dot not included
ASG Licensed Steyr AUG A3 XS Commando Airsoft AEG Rifle (A-TACS AU)
Armee-Universal-Gewehr (Universal Army Rifle) or AUG is a futuristic assault rifle developed during the 1960s in Austria to replace the aging 7.62mm FAL automatic rifles in service at the time. Often considered as the first successful bullpup rifle, the AUG was indeed well ahead of its time as far as concept and design; it was highly advanced when it first went into service in the late 1970s.
Its bullpup design which moves the core of the rifles action behind the trigger allows for the use of a full length rifle barrel in a weapon with the ergonomics of a sub-machine gun. Some other significant features include fully ambidextrous controls and reversible charging handle and shell ejection port allowing the rifle to be configured for both left and right handed shooters. The unique two stage trigger allows the user to fire in semi-auto and full-auto without needing to manipulate a selector switch; for semi-automatic fire, the operator will just pull the trigger half way and if fully-automatic fire was necessary, the operator needs to only pull the trigger all the way back.Chambered in the 5.56x45mm NATO cartridge for its ease of use and handling, the futuristic family of rifles in the AUG line can be quickly adapted to accommodate a wide variety of roles in the ever changing battlefield with just a quick swap of the barrel. The AUG is definitely a well-rounded combat weapon with a proven track record that can stand its own even with todays modern combat rifles.History:
The Steyr AUG was designed as a family of rifles that could be quickly adapted to a wide variety of roles with the change of the barrel to a desired length and profile, among which are: a compact 350 mm (13.8 in) barrel, 407 mm (16.0 in) carbine barrel, 508 mm (20.0 in) standard rifle-length barrel, and 621 mm (24.4 in) light machine gun barrel. The AUG is a modular, bullpup configuration rifle that employs a high level of synthetic and advanced alloy components.
- Fully licensed Steyr Mannlicher trademarks
- Full Metal gearbox
- Full length metal 20mm top rail with removable iron sights
- Realistic injection molded polymer body
- Lower forward rail for weapon lights, vertical grips or other accessories
- Front and rear sling points
- 4x front and rear side rail segments/li>
- Ambidextrous fire controls
- Bolt locks open, for easy hop-up adjustment
- Adjustable Hopup
- Compact design allows for easy maneuverability in confined spaces
350FPS ~ 370 FPSMagazine:
330rd Hi-Capacity (Compatible with Matrix, Tokyo Marui, JG and other similar AUG Series Airsoft AEG magazines)Barrel thread:
14mm counter-clockwise / 14mm-Hopup:
Ver. 3. Full upgradable metal gearbox. Firing Modes:
7.4v 1000mAh LiPo Small Type recommended (Battery not included, wired to the rear with a small Tamiya)Materials:
Metal Alloy, ABS PolymerPackage Includes:
Manual, Hi-cap magazine, Cleaning RodManufacturer:
ASGThings you may need to get started:
Battery and Charger – Required to power your AEG; use a high quality battery and charger for best results.Spare Magazines – Stay in the fight longer by bringing more ammo with you.BBs – High quality precision 6mm BBs recommended; Use 0.20g – 0.25g BBs for best results.Silicone Oil – Basic cleaning and lubrication maintenance help keep your Airsoft AEG in top working order.
ASG Limited Manufacturer Warranty:
This Sportsline airsoft gun is backed by a 9 month limited warranty from ActionSportGames. Should this airsoft gun fail due to a defect in material or workmanship during the warranty period, ActionSportGames will repair or replace it, free of charge. Please see the included warranty card for warranty details.
FPS Range: 350-370
(Write a review)
"This AUG is awesome,there are not many others that can really match it in CQB because its a short barrel bullpup. Now the other reviews already give you the highlights,I have 2 cons with this aeg. Now the first one can be a pro actually,the air compression of this AEG is so damn good it was shooting 410 with a madbull 105 spring(supposed to be 344) and 360-70 with a m90.Just enough for me to do CQB.Now a actual con which is the lack of a normal safety.Yes a AUG operates differently,but the crossbolt safety can get stuck causing you to go on uncontrollable full auto. The only way to fix it is of course to simply push(stiff when stuck of course) it all the way or you have to take out the magazine then push.Just a small issue depending on how strict your local field is with full auto in a semi only field.This issue is enough for me to want to buy another gun as a backup to this.
"I'll start my review by covering the basic Pro's and Con's of the gun.
- Super Compact (Size doesn't matter with this gun)
- Great distance and accuracy Out of the Box
- Easily accessible Hop-up
- More rails than I know what to do with
- Decent fore-grip that can be extended/shortened to the user's preference (I chose to shorten it, to keep the gun looking "uniform". The extension makes it hang lower than the bottom of the gun)
- The camo finish looks amazing (I bought the Kryptec Typhon version)
- Rate of Fire is a force to be reckoned with (I bought the ASG High Performance 7.4V 30C 1000mAh Li-Po Battery)
- The trigger works like a real AUG, a half pull gives a single shot, where as a full pull is Full Auto (Some people may prefer the standard selector switches, but this is one of my favorite features)
- Fluid reloading
- Great Iron Sights
Cons: (These aren't actual con's, just quirks I've found with the gun)
- The 45 degree rails on top don't offer a lot of room (I attempted to mount a red dot sight on the rails, but the screws didn't have enough room, so it wouldn't seat correctly. I ran into the same problem with my flashlight mount as well.)
- The fore-grip can loosen. (The extensions have loosened on me two times, but its really no big deal.)
- The battery cover on the stock is pretty tight (Again, not a big deal, I'm sure it will loosen up after i use it more. I may be a bit too picky.)
If you have any doubts about this gun, forget them. I've used many AEG's and this one is the most dependable, comfortable, maneuverable, and most sexiest than any I've played with.
Buy. This. Gun.
"By far one of the heaviest and most accurate Aegs i have ever owned. With the exception of the magazines, this gun is incredibly solid. Out of the box it was too hot for indoor use, but it opens quite easily and is simple to maintain. Extremely maneuverable in cqb environments, it's accuracy and rof make this a force to be noticed. Easy to reload and looks great too.
Discuss about ASG Licensed Steyr AUG A3 XS Commando Airsoft AEG Rifle (Color: A-TACS AU) with your friends and fellow Evike.com shoppers!
Comment or answer questions for a chance to win awesome prizes.
Details can be found on the Evike.com Facebook page.
Remember to check "Also post on Facebook" to qualify for the giveaways!
Have an urgent question about this item? We monitor these comments daily, but it may be faster to email us directly or call us at (626) 286-0360. Our resident experts are standing by to answer your questions!