"Will say that this is an amazing weapon for the price. I have used many Airsoft weapons in my games and am a decent tech. I own 2 HPA polar star Jack set ups, a CYMA M14 that that is an amazingly accurate weapon once upgraded with M130 and R-Hop, both an M4 and M14 GBB, a bolt action sniper and an M3A1 grease gun for CQB fun. I only add this to let you know that I have used many Airsoft platforms over the years.
I have a WE Tech Katana, and really liked the concept, but honestly, they should have spent six more months in R&D before bringing that one to market. It is now an HPA Jack : ) Great try, but plagued with too many issues, and after a couple years of consistent failures I was ready for something else. This brings me to the A&K. I have aways used A&K 60 round mid caps because they feed flawlessly and are a very well made product. I have heard both good and bad about A&K but it seems to be that you get what you pay for, as with everything else. I have known about the Systema clone and have been considering it for quite some time, and after using it, I believe this to be a top line weapon platform for them.
Let me say that I am not disappointed. Right out of the box it feels solid and is full of real steel. It has a nice weight and I measured this one at 7.4 lbs on my electronic scale with empty mag. Furniture is high quality and feels great, no wobbles, shakes, or other disappointments. I ordered an Orga hop up with it because I have used them in my HPA Jacks with the Deepfire New Hop Up barrels and they are great. I also added an aftermarket hop adjust square spring that is way better that the rubber springs that all Systema hop ups come with. You can find them at Scopeandlaser, I have not found them anywhere else. Sorry Evike, but you cant stock everything. I also changed out the stock large T connector for a Deans plug before even trying to fire it.
Using 11.1 1200 mAh 20C/40C BURST lipo I achieved 18 RD/Sec, and the stock blue Cylinder gave me a consistent 420 +/- 2 FPS. I am consistently hitting man sized target at 87 yards/261 feet using .30 gram BB, measured by range finder. Impressive.
I have done no other upgrades, and probably will not. I must say that out of the box, it feels great, and shoots great with the Orga Hop up, Can not vouch for the stock hop, but will note that it is high quality CNC steel hop up instead of the cheap pot metal that so may Systema hop ups use. I will probably achieve a little better range once I have broke in and fine tuned the hop and find the right BB weight that this weapon likes.
Build quality is great (lots of steel parts).
I like the markings, (personal preference).
Shoots well right out of the box
Systema parts all fit.
Stock Hop Up is high quality CNC steel
Magazines are high quality and clip in and drop out smoothly, $15.00 EACH (I bought 6 extra)
Weight 7.4 lbs
ROF (could be a con to some), but I like the ROF because it is same as real steal.
With the mags and electronic bolt catch, makes a good training weapon. I set all my weapons that have full auto to around 18 RPS including my Jacks
Should come with a deans connector, or have option during ordering to have one installed.
The magazine BB follower will come out if you are not careful how you handle the mags (all Systema) (think I'll buy extra and keep them in a medicine bottle)
The rather large MADE IN CHINA laser etched marking on the forward assist side if receiver (I carefully taped around it and hit it with some stove black paint, now it's tolerable).
I did not not buy this two years ago and waisted it on my Katana instead
"I got this on August 13th as a birthday gift, and Ive had it for a couple of months with no problems. Like stated before, this AEG is HEAVY! Maybe close to 10lbs and heavier than the G&G GK5C. I got this because I didnt wanted a GBB, but was looking more for a superb AEG. I wanted the realism of "running out of ammo and hit the bolt release", but didnt felt like carrying 3 or 4 cans of gas with me.
A friend of mine mentioned to look into a Systema PTW and for the price... I could just buy a real AR-15! I looked into the clones and the A&K is the newest and latest into the PTW clones. I researched about A&K and either it was going to be a "hit or miss" situation, so I bit the bullet, got me one and its by far the best airsoft rifle I got to date.
- Built like a tank! (10+lbs not for the weak player).
- Quick cylinder change for indoor and outdoor.
- Came with M130 (blue) stating 360-380fps.
- It accepts AR-15 handguards, freefloat rails without modding upper receiver threads. It does give a monolithic upper! No more 1mm offness haha!
- When out of BBs, it stops cycling and you have to speed reload in the midst of battle! Super plus for me
- Hop up is decent, but adjusting is tidious (Load mag, shoot, take out mag, adjust with tool [given to you], repeat). Its design for a more "permanent" choice of hop and BB weight). If you change BB weight often, get the RWA CNC Hop up set because it gives you an AEG rotary style hop up for PTW!
- Comes with a 6.00mm x 363mm inner barrel, and it will shatter low quality BBs (had to clean cylinder throughly). Recommend getting a Deep Fire 6.04mm x 375mm or your choice of length to not break the bank. If you want PDI or Orga than by all means :)
- DO NOT USE WHEN RAINING! (Light or moderate) because you will fry the electronics unless you unassemble and moisture proof it (shoe goo [hobby shop NOT hobby lobby] or flexible silicone coating (computer store or amazon).
- Came with large tamiya plug, rewired it to normal deans (best connection and much less loss of energy).