"Received this gun last week an was not able to shoot it until earlier today. I ordered a g&p 11.1 lipo an peq box it had a deans connector so I had to solder on a male deans connector. This gun shoots crazy fast, an none of my mags feed in it. Also the mag it comes with feeds alright but I hear a lot of dry fires. An lastly it's horrible on semi, I feel like I can only shoot this in full auto.
"Great gun so far. As suggested, I bought a 11.1v LIPO for it, which blew the fuse in ~40 shots. It comes with only one 20A fuse, I've heard the ICS CXP-15 comes with spares... so why not this gun? Anyway, if you plan on using a battery higher than a 11.1v, you will need to buy 30A fuses (can be bought from auto part stores). As you will read in reviews, the hand guard barely has room for the battery and connections, so it will be a pain to get the battery in there. You have to push the fuse and the connections down through the keymod holes since they catch on them. Other than those small ticket items, you will get a solid gun with great internals. I've yet to play on the field with it yet, that's next weekend.
The Evike bonus package thing is great, not sure how long that promotion is going on but you get to pick something valued up to $59.80 and get it for free. Unfortunately, it is only for one item, so if you want to get more TMAG mags with it, and update the quantity to more, you only get one for free. Really disappointed with that, but there are other things to get on Evike!
I choose to get a set of 5 M4 mags with mine, and they are solid mags, but they don't feed too well, and are a very tight and uncomfortable fit in this gun. I will contact Evike to see if we can resolve that issue.
You can also use Evike's free three day shipping code with this gun, so that was also a huge plus for me. Paid exactly $299 and had it three days later. No complaints there.
That all being said, get it. I've tried some of my teams' TMAGs, the midcap and low cap, they all have no problem feeding, so I'll probably stick to those.
"Very solid gun, really satisfied that I chose this one. First off, it looks like an absolute beast. Externals are very tough and well put together, no complaints on that. How about internals? They rock, but have a few caveats. With an 11.1 LiPo, this thing is scary fast, and sounds scary too (especially with my amplifier).
Before I list pros & cons, here are my recommendations for this gun:
- If planning to use 11.1, get the 30 amp fuse kit because it comes with a 20 amp. I read that a lot of people's fuses blew right out of the box, so I installed this beforehand and haven't had any problems. The fuse itself is green and has two pins (if you don't know what to look for).
- GET A PEQ BOX. This is a major downside of the gun, because it is really hard to fit anything else, and hard to take off the battery compartment. I got the G&P PEQ-15 w/ 11.1v 1100 mAh included, it looks great and functions spectacularly. It is also a deans connector, so you'll need an adapter, but this works well because the extra wiring length makes it much easier to connect. I personally recommend two, because mine died halfway through an 8 hour day. Or you could just get a larger PEQ and two LiPos from the get-go.
- Make sure you have allen wrenches handy. It does not include any but requires them to do almost anything to it.
- Solid externals, seriously gorgeous.
- Good weight: not too heavy, not too light. Very balanced.
- Fast trigger response with LiPo
- Pretty accurate out of the box, though full auto spreads a bit.
- Satisfying kick-back from the EBB. Nothing too much but you can feel it.
- Orange flash-hider was easy to remove with a hairdryer, pliers, and some patience.
- Keymod rails are actually really cool.
- With .28g BBs, I get somewhere in the 330 FPS range. I got them because I was afraid of it shooting 450 FPS out of the box on .20s. I plan to use .25s from now on.
- Split gear box is an interesting concept. I haven't taken it apart yet because I messed up my last gearbox and really just don't want to mess with it right now. But later on I think it'll come in handy.
- Gearbox disengage when switching to safe is nifty.
- Fits all of my other M4 mags and feeds just fine.
- Battery area is incredibly tiny. It was hard enough just to wire up a PEQ box, I can't imagine actually trying to fit a battery in there. Not to mention the 6 screws you have to take out to take the outer barrel off.
- With 11.1v, feeding sometimes gets ahead of itself and I have to take the mag out, fire it until the chamber clears, then replace the mag.
- The mag it comes with is OK, looks cool, but I much prefer the Lonex string wind types. Oh, and you'll just chew through BBs on auto.
- With 11.1v, sometimes on semi it will still shoot full auto for a brief time. It was kind of awkward having my gun suddenly shoot full auto on a semi-only map.
- The rails it comes with are pretty small. This COULD be a con if you have an attachment that needs more rail space.
Despite the cons, I still give it a 5/5 because it is just awesome. Every gun is going to have its pitfalls, but whether or not you're willing to deal with them is what matters.