GATE Airsoft MERF 3.2 Burst Advanced MOSFET Unit
The Gate MERF 3.2 Mosfet Unit is the Third generation of airsoft Mosfets from Gate. This system allows for increased trigger response time, loss-less rate of fire adjustment, adjustable 3-round burst mode, active motor breaking, and protects Batteries. This Mosfet is able to handle up to 15 volts, has 10 different functions, and operate in 2 modes: Enhanced mode and Simple mode.(1) Enhanced mode. will require you to do some gearbox work and soldering but will allow you to take full advantage of the Features of this awesome Mosfet.(2) Simple mode. No modification to your AEG is required just plug and play, but will not stop Trigger contact Arcing.This Mosfet is compatible with most AEG's, including upgraded AEG's.Features:
- Active Braking:(Enhanced mode) Stops the motor as soon as the switch is released, prevents spring compression or extra shots after the shot in semi-auto mode.
- Protections for Li-Poly/LiFePO4/Li-Po/Li-ion/Li-Fe/NiCd batteries
- Short-circuit protection
- Over temperature protection
- Configuration can be done with included programming button or AEG trigger switch depending on operating mode.
- MOSFET integrated circuit for higher efficiency and faster trigger response(enhanced mode).
- Eliminates power loss and electric arc damage from mechanical switch.
- Rate Of Fire Control: Smart Trigger allows rate of fire control from 30%~100%. The first shot in full-auto or burst is always 100% ROF for the fast trigger response.
- 4 LED display
- Suitable for most AEGs and replace mechanical trigger switch.
- 3-Round Burst Firing Mode: Allows standard SAFE/SEMI/AUTO shooting modes to be converted into SAFE/SEMI/BURST (simple/enhanced mode) or SAFE/BURST/AUTO(enhanced mode).
- Trigger can be released early in Burst mode to do shorter bursts.
- Electronic resettable fuse, self-reset after the trigger is released for the ease of use.
- Settings are stored in non-volatile memory, the system remembers the settings after disconnecting the battery.
- Compatible with most AEG motors and battery packs from 3.2V to 15V.
- Simple mode installation does not require modifications, installation is done by connecting MOSFET Unit between AEG and battery pack, configuration can be done using included button.
- Enhanced mode installation requires wiring work, benefits from all features of the MOSFET Unit, configuration can be done by using host AEG trigger switch./li>
- Eliminate electric arcing(Enhanced mode only)
For most gearbox and AEG platform.Dimensions:
70 x 20 x 10 mmMaximum continuous current:
35A ( 50A for 3 min )Stand-by current:
(a)Simple mode (b)Enhanced modeManufacture:
GATE / PolandThe Gate MERF 3.2 package will includes everything you will need to get started:
Extra pair of Deans Connectors, single signal trigger wire, dual signal trigger wire, programming button, 1 year manufacturer warrantyMOSFET:
It eliminates any loss of energy which occurs while mechanical contacts touch each other. It also makes sure they won't burn unavoidably - the average life of mechanical contacts is 1 year. Thanks to this electronic circuit the battery energy is not lost while burning contacts but directed straight to the motor. In this way we get bigger rate of fire which results in quicker reaction of the trigger.Active Breaking:
The motor and gears at work gather in the kinetic energy. This energy depends mainly on their speed. The maximum speed is reached after 4 shots. For this reason when you release the trigger the motor will not stop immediately - the energy accumulated in it, depending on the amount allows on few extra shoots.
1. In the sniper rifles, and during the shooting on SEMI, the brake will not allow to compression spring after the shot. The piston will always stop at the front position, so that will increase gearbox lifespan.
2. 2. To rise of realism. After releasing the trigger in real guns are not fired extra bullets, as happens in AEG replicas. We do not waste ammunition.Electronic Fuse:
SCP – Short Circuit Protection In the case of short-circuit installations, in milliseconds the system disconnects the battery. This is necessary for the protection of the Li-Poly. Shorting Li-Poly battery can cause permanent damage, destruction or even explosion of cells!
OTP – Over Temperature Protection Built-in thermometer measures the temperature of the system. If it exceeds a critical value, the system shuts down to prevent its destruction.
UVP – Under Voltage Protection Protects rechargeable Li-Ion: Li-Poly / LiFePO4 and NiCd against excessive discharge.
The fuse is reset immediately after the trigger is released. After another of his press, in milliseconds, executes a series of measurements, which determine whether the battery can be safely connected to the replica.Smart Trigger:
Allows for faster trigger response. It cooperates with the ROF Control system. During the first shot Smart Trigger sets ROF Control to 100%. After the first shot it is set of pre-programmed value, eg 30%. As a result, the first shot is fired with full rate of fire, and next shots with a reduced ROF. The best effect can be achieved using a battery with higher voltage than the standard. Then we will get faster trigger response at the same rate of fire as in case of standard battery
(Write a review)
"To start off, USE LITHIUM POLYMER BATTERIES AT YOUR OWN RISK. That being said, this is by far the best mosfet you could even DREAM of owning for under 100 bucks. This computerized mosfet does everything it says it does, perhaps even more. I absolutely love this little thing! I am currently running an A&K m249 mkII with this thing installed as well as an 11.1 2100mah 20c battery with this thing installed and i have to say, 23 rps is treating me pretty well.
No arching on trigger contacts
Improves fire rate and trigger response
Has LiPo protection (cuts off electricity at certain voltages)
Has burst function
It is rather large and may not fit in rear-wired guns (Just use an m249, it's worked for me :D
Not owning this
"Awesome little mosfet. Super easy to install, especially with a v3 gearbox. They include two different gate wires to actually connect to the gun so you could set up two guns if you really wanted to. Programming is very easy, you go on GATE's website and download the manual (it's a PDF) and everything is very clearly explained. Keep in mind that GATE is a Polish company so a couple of words get lost in translation, though.
-Super easy installation, given you have a soldering iron. Sure, you could just plug it inline with your existing wiring but that completely defeats the purpose of getting this.
-Burst Fire is nice to have when you loan your gun to someone for the day. I never use it myself and that's because I burst fire in the full auto setting anyways. But if I'm worried about my friend pushing the gearbox too hard, I'll give him anywhere from a 3 to 5 round burst to play around with.
-Active Breaking: Its there. Can also be a con but I'll get to that later.
-Active Breaking: It does not work well in conjunction with semi on my G36, and I'm assuming thats because of the way the trigger assembly works. V3 gearboxes have a tendency to lock up on semi as it is, and stopping the motor dead in its tracks when the cut-off lever disconnects the trigger contacts certainly doesn't help. However, on my Elite Force CQB M4, The active breaking is BEAUTIFUL.
- The supplied gate wires are reaaaaaaaally easy to pinch. Be careful.
All in all, it gets a 5 out of 5. It does exactly what it says it does, and at an affordable price as well. Easily one of the most functional mosfets out there for the price.