"I must commend Evike.com for such a wonderful gun! This was a birthday gift for my son and he positively loves it!
He goes on and on about how comfortable it is and how realistic; nothing beats that smile!
If I had to make a recommendation to Evike.com: please figure out some way to keep track of the shells! I am so worried he'll lose them!
It's a really fun toy, I even shot it a few times myself and i can see why people get into this hobby!
In short, get this rifle for your son or daughter, it'll be fun for the whole family!
"This rifle is a really great item! It's perfect for plinking in your back yard with soda cans, and definitely turns heads on the field.
BE CAREFUL WITH THE SHELLS; Don't lose them, get that shell catcher.
The removable butt stock makes transporting this really easy; fits in most rifle bags if you take the stock off.
Gas Snipers are the way to go! love that realism and versatility with the different power shells.
Make sure to grab the Bi-Pod and Scope as this doesn't come with them.
10/10 would buy again.
"I bought this rifle several months ago, hooked on the idea of realism. I was not disappointed. The gun has six shots in a mag, seven if you keep one in the chamber. The shells are co2 loaded, but can be loaded by hpa for far more pressure with the right equipment. This gun is solid as solid comes, 10/10 for build quality. A smidge disappointed in the lack of a hop up on the new model, but it is not too necessary. A slight bit of teching opens the gun to see the flat hop patch that serves as bucking and nub. I immediately changed the barrel for a pdi, which also requires modification, but it is well worth it. I prefer to run on larger fields, where the 800fps shells are a necessity. Very accurate at 180 feet or so with a .38, varying between .30 for better distance, but a slight drop in accuracy.
1) Expensive - Shells cost between $9-$15 a piece. Don't loose them.
2) Heavy - this rifle weighs about 14lbs
1) Realism. This rifle's realism is unparalleled, Metal what should be, Plastic where should be. The shells are massive and intimidating. One shot, one kill. GIT GOOD SON.
2) One shot, one kill. As stated above, this is a one shot, one kill rifle. If you are not a hardcore, wait for the right moment sniper, do not buy this rifle, you will hate it.
3) Intimidation. I have only played against my rifle once, and never will again. The gun is a silent killer. If you are close enough, you will hear the firing pin drop, maybe a quiet pop, but that is all. If you are cross field, forget it. Seeing a shell the size of your thumb being ejected is just a bit unnerving. It packs a bit of a punch, which can leave welts at shorter distances, and stings at 180+. If your really want performance, teching is required. that is the most expensive part of owning this gun. However, there is nothing quite like this rifle.
I love this rifle. As a dedicated sniper(4 of the six working guns I own being dmr's or sniper rifles) there is NOTHING like this gun. There is a sense of deep satisfaction popping someone at long distance with this rifle. Because of your limited ammunition, it really helps set your mood as sniper. 10/10