"NOTE: I bought this rifle online HERE at evike, the same place where i bought the railed version of the F2000 when they first came out.
I had the F2000 earlier in time and played with it extensively, it was awesome. but over time stuff happened, i needed to sell it. I purchased the hunter version here not long ago because i remembered how well the old one worked, and came with the scope. it was upsetting to sell the first one, and let me tell you, i wasnt dissapointed when i took this new hunk of polymer out at the field.
1. bullpup configuration
2. relatively light in my opinion (definetly lighter than the G&G AK5C)
3. SOLID the one piece polymer lower is something to be reckoned with, if i tripped and fell on the gun with mag and everything in it, youd probably break your ribs. and just for the record the upper is all polymer as well. much like the real steel counterpart. the same outer parts that are metal here are also metal on the real one and vice versa.
4. integrated scope has a unique sight picture, it is set low on the gun and eye relief is somewhat non existent, but it is crystal clear and of decent quality, i use a lower mesh mask+revision goggles, and have no problem with my fat head, but if you use a mask, maybe you should go for the railed version as the rail is situated higher.
5. the FPS is ADJUSTABLE. going to milsim events is great if the limit is 400fps with a .25 ill dial it up to 399. i would say adjustment range is +/- about 50 fps
6. compared to working on a v2 gearbox, this gearbox is a total cinch to work on. the adjustable FPS feature also allows you to take the main spring out, so when you take the shells apart it isnt a jack in the box waiting to pop gears and springs and shims all over the place.
7. following pro number 6, the actual process to get the gearbox out of the replica for maintainence is unbelievably easy, slide the buttplate out, take 2 small phillips screws out and youre done the whole thing just slides out the back its awesome. it is secure though when its in there, however.
8. i upgraded everything pretty much but even right out of the box (like the one i used to have) accuracy was on point and quite satisfying.
9. its not an M4 or M16!! you wont be like the countless other robots with the same gun!
10. probably the most conveniently located selector switch on a gun (other than the P90) EVER. just when it was new it was very stiff going between fire modes but over time it loosens up and is easier to move around, just use it.
1. the trigger contacts are a finniky and touchy subject, jarring it with 11.1v lipos will burn them out QUICK and render you without semi-auto operation, but if you can do full auto on your field, you wont really care because your rof with an 11.1v is hysterical.
2. currently even though i upgraded alot of stuff, im looking for a metal or just factory replacement cylinder head, i cant stop cursing at my computer, i know theyre out there..... somewhere. best of luck with that
3. they say the gearbox is a version 6, but dont be fooled it isnt, its proprietary but the shells are out there and readily available. even on this website. however the shell ive heard is rated up to just an M120, so if you think this is going to be your DMR platform, (which i dont know what would posses you to do so, but whatever) keep looking, the shell will crack if your contacts dont burn out first. all in all- NOT A HIGH STRESS PROJECT PLATFORM
4. battery space is limited, but people make it seem like a crane stock IT ISNT i have TWO valken 7.4v 1300mAh batteries in it now. however, the compartment is in the stock below the gearbox and isnt huge ( approx 2'' wide 3/4'' high and give or take 6'' deep)
5. adjusting windage or elevation on the scope involves removing the shroud on the top of the gun and a flathead screwdriver. in other words, not really do-able in the field or on the fly; make your adjustments at staging or at home for a target 100' away and let it be.
at the end of the day im very happy to have it again and is now my primary of choice for both cqc and field. its ambidextrous setup is great, it doesnt feel weird to hold in the left/opposite shoulder. its bullpup configuration keeps the whole package relatively short, even with a barrel extension/silencer on it. its well balanced and one of the most comfortable replicas to hold. but its FAT, youll see when you open the box up its compact but big. if youre going to buy this as a first gun, id say go for it. itll last even stock parts were of good quality. if you want to upgrade it, go for an M120 spring, shs blue piston, full length (no window) cylinder, and r hop this thing. just remember to keep it at M120 and below, and keep it at 9.6 volt batteries or below (i used a 9.6v Nimh battery with the first one i owned to more than satisfactory results)
"I've used this gun twice all day at my local field in the last two weeks. I bought it because it was unique and that it definitely is. This thing is also a laser and by that I mean a dead accurate shot. However I noticed shortly into my first day using it at my local field that the trigger has a bit of an issue in semi automatic which is problematic because a lot of fields play semi only. The gun out of the box will not be capable of firing shots one after another in quick succession. To fix this I had to REMOVE THE BUT PLATE AND RAISE THE GEAR BOX EVER SO SLIGHTLY by inserting a piece of sponge. It took all day to figure out but I learned that all of these things(G&G F2000's) have the issue and that's a real simple fix for it. I also wanna stress how anyone looking into purchasing this gun should not by the hunter version as the scope it comes with while very cool is not practical for field use and if you decide to remove it and put on a different optic you will need to buy rail raisers as the rail system is lowered for the "hunter" scope. All in all, Any one who wishes to purchase this gun must understand to unlock its full potential this gone must under go small modification but is well worth the extra work as it is dead accurate and very unique
"I bought this replica a few weeks back, and now feel I have a solid understanding of it to leave a review.
When I first recieved this replica it functioned great! After a little while though the trigger started to stick and click, and the replica would not shoot until I switched to full auto, then back. Now it will not even shoot in semi anymore. Not sure if I got a lemon or what, but the replica is really cool, and when it worked, it really worked!
Great weight! It feels like your actually holding something!
Very sleek and cool design, futuristic and just plain awesome.
Easy to adjust fps without deconstruction! It also has a quick change spring too!
Awesome sight! The sight is just perfect. Sighted in to about 35ish feet.
The trigger stopped working properly on mine even though I have made no adjustments or changes to it.
Does not really like Lipos(Although this may fall under the above stated issue)
Very magazine picky. Will only take mostly G&G magazines.
Selector is VERY stiff! Not sure if it just needs worked in, but is very difficult to change fire selection on the fly.
All in all I am a huge fan of the fn2000, but I'm not sure about this replica. I just don't want to have to drop more money into it to get it to work properly considering it's already high price.