"Purchased this along with the RA-Tech barrel for a nostalgia project (Metal Gear Solid LAM + Suppressor configuration).
It's my third pistol from KWA/KSC (Recently got a newer KWA M93R and still have a non-functional KSC M93R II I purchased from Den Trinity in '05).
In brief, this gun is excellent. Bullet points:
+ I've handled my share of GBBs, and nothing to date kicks like this, it's akin to a .22 in a heavy-framed pistol and was quite a surprise when I put the first round through.
- While the double-action mechanism requires a firm pull to both cock and release the hammer, the rigger pull is incredibly light once the hammer's cocked. This was also a pleasant surprise, accompanied by the loudest gas-mechanical "thwack" of anything I own.
+ Hammer, safety and decock mechanisms work like the real steel's system.
The safety is ambidextrous and can only be activated once the hammer in cocked and blocks the decock lever action, preventing accidental decocking. The safety switch itself is well made; little effort to operate, but stays securely in place.
+ Big, heavy, intimidating. This gun is roughly the same length and height of a Desert Eagle .50, though much more comfortable due to the narrower hand grip.
- Not recommended for small hands, could be quite uncomfortable.
+ Accurate and chronos as advertised.
- Slight play where the slide meets the lower body. Hasn't been an issue accuracy-wise.
- Much like my other modern KWA NS2 pistol, the magazine fill vales are extremely finicky. It may take some practice to get a proper fill.
- Magazines are apparently made of Elven steel based on their price.
+ Very solid magazine construction. One fill usually gets me a full magazine + 6-7 shots.
+ This gun is almost a joy to disassemble compared to other GGBs. The guide springs are retained as a single unit, so no flying guide rods when you open it up (lookin' at you, M93R...).
+ Hop up is easy to adjust using the included tool and stays securely in place.
+ Rail and trigger guard thread is exactly the same as the TM NBB set.
I've upgraded TM's weak flashlight LED with a CREE lamp and the weaker "laser" LED with a 3V laser diode, and wired them for independent operation while still using the original the original 3xAAA power supply.
The fit is close enough to the TM model that I didn't even need to re-sight the laser. Considering writing up a tutorial for like-minded hobbyists.
- Not a fault of KWA as it is to real steel specs, but buyers should be aware that the threading is 14mm Clockwise (+) unlike most barrels and mock suppressors. I'm patiently waiting for Evike to restock the Classic Army SOCOM suppressor so I can complete this build (or I need to matte up my TM one. It fits, but the thing is too glossy).
If you can handle the hit to the wallet, this is some piece of work.
Even if you're not into skirmishing, this is a well-engineered work of art and is the standard to which I'm going to hold other GBBs in the future.
Note 1: the unsightly white paragraph on the right side is screen printed using a different ink than the other markings. It can easily be removed with a bit of acetone, though I'm not sure if that voids the warranty.
Note 2: CAUTION: There's an odd-looking tension spring right behind the slide lock. Be very mindful of this when disassembling! I almost lost this part the first time I broke it down, and replacements are probably only available via KWA. "I have had this gun in the field twice now and am very satisfied with it. I took it straight put of the box on Friday afternoon and ran with it Saturday and Sunday outdoors. The Sunday game was pistols and shotguns only. This pistol worked very well both days. I want to break it down and give it some better lube, but without even cleaning the barrel it shot well, with just a few stray BBs here and there. Once I dial in the hopup, get a third mag and figure out the best BB weight, I expect it to be pretty fearsome. "This is only a preliminary review. I have not used this gun in a game yet. I will post another, more in depth review when I've used the gun a little more.
First things first, as soon as I received this pistol in the mail, I decided to disassemble it (I recommend you do the same, to gain an understanding of the internal systems) there are some VERY small parts, which can be very easily lost if you are disassembling it anywhere but a workbench. The hook which holds the slide release in place can fall out if you aren't careful, and should be re-secured as soon as possible. I nearly lost mine in disassembly, so please be aware. When I disassembled the Hop-up unit, I noticed a very very small ( .5 mm) ball bearing that could also be lost very easily.
When you disassemble this weapon, be very aware of all of the parts you take off of it, and where they go.
Other than that, this gun works like a charm, and I love it to death.
- Crisp, moderate recoil
- Heavy (can also be a drawback)
- The size makes this weapon an excellent offensive pistol
- Small parts
- Outer barrel is not metal Read More Reviews Write a Review
« Back to product description
Heckler & Koch / Umarex Full Metal USP Mk23 SOCOM NS2 Airsoft Gas Blowback Gun by KWA Overall Length:
25 cm [9.84"]
15 cm [5.91"]
Inner Barrel Length:
Inner Barrel Diameter:
1.16 kg [2.56 lbs]
6mm bb. (0.20g or heavier high grade bbs recommended.)
110-116 MPS [360-380 FPS]
KWA New Structure 2 (NS2)
Green Gas / Propane adapter
Heckler & Koch. OEM: KWA (Licensed by Umarex USA)
Pistol, Magazine, Hop-Up adjustment wrench and manual.
- Safety / decocking lever
- Ambidextrous safety lever
- Ambidextrous magazine release
- Accessory rail
- Threaded barrel
- 3-dot combat sight
- Adjustable Hop-Up
- Realistic construction and field stripping
- High Impact Polymer outer barrel and frame.
- Realistic Hard Kick Gas Blowback.
Explosion Diagram Explosion Diagram2 User Manual
This item is
Discontinued. Wanna chat about
Heckler & Koch / Umarex Full Metal USP Mk23 SOCOM NS2 Airsoft Gas Blowback Gun by KWA?
Have questions about this item? We monitor these comments daily, but it may be faster to
email us directly or call us at 1-626-286-0360.
Facebook about THIS with your friends! Comment for a chance to win awesome airsoft prizes. Details can be found on The Evike Facebook Fan Page HERE! Remember to leave "Also post on Facebook" checked to qualify your comment!