If you are looking for a sturdy, and well built ak this is the gun for you. It looks extremely realistic and high quality. It shoots very fast and far. And it does not make a lot of noise when it shoots.
When I took it out of the box I tried to put the mag into the gun but it would not fit. This is the mag that came with the mag. I tried out some other ak mags that fitted a lot better. I don't know if its just me but that it got really annoying because I have 2 less mags. "My first AEG purchase, and I'm very happy with it so far. It seems to shoot well, but as a newbie I'll let other reviewers be the judge of that.
The overall look and feel is great--real metal and wood. The gun is a bit hefty as a result--it weighs in at about 7 lbs without magazine or battery, very close to the real thing. The wood is good, but not great. It's a lighter shade than the deep orange/brown you usually see on real steel AKs (the product pictures reflect this, so judge for yourself). The wood also seems a bit soft, the finish easily chipped/scratched. The stock had a few rough spots on it to begin with, and after its first session in the woods it's already picked up a few more scratches. I don't personally mind the "weathering"--it's an AK, after all--but its long-term durability is a bit of a concern. The pistol grip is a cheap-looking brown plastic rather than the glossy synthetics you usually see on the real thing.
It's solidly built, with very little rattle without the magazine or battery; the only rattly bits are the "cleaning rod" and the charging handle/hopup cover. The grips and stock are firmly secured, with no movement. The rear sight has functional elevation adjustment. It's also a bit wiggly sideways (but then, if you're using AK iron sights for sharpshooting, you're asking for it). The battery is located in the buttstock, and accessed by removing two screws. Don't drop 'em in the grass! The cavity in the stock is about 5in deep, so large batteries won't fit in there.
It came with battery and charger, cleaning rod, and two hi-cap magazines (not just the one in the listing). Also a wind-up key--though neither of the mags seems to have a port for the key. The included charger is a cheap, wall-plug type. Not really a disappointment, for the price, but you'll want a smart charger anyway. I didn't receive a manual.
One more minor complaint: it shipped with a number of stickers attached to the gun itself, including a pair of 3in long stickers on each side of the foregrip, advertising this gun I'd already bought. They didn't come off cleanly--I had to spend 10-15min de-gunking each side, and one of them even peeled a sliver of finish off of the wood. Stickers bad, Evike.
+ real wood and metal
+ very good feel and finish, though the wood isn't quite up to "great"
+ complete package for the price--mag/battery/charger
- wood is a bit soft, easily scratched and dinged
- sticker gunk "I received this beautiful work of art today!! Sure the stock internals are going to need an overhaul, but the externals at of extreme quality IMO. It was what I expected and more. I did not read of the side rail mount, so it was quite a surprise to see it attached when plinking with the gun. The markings from Echo1 are reflective but not too flashy, and they are also not intrusive. I purchased 4 mags along with this rifle, two Matrix Full Metal 600rd HiCap AK style mags and two Matrix Super 900rd Bakelite style mags for RPK/AK. The two Matrix Full Metal 600rd HiCap AK style mags DO NOT WORK!!! I repeat, they DO NOT function with the magwell of this AKM. The top lips are too thick, and if you fully seal the magazine, it will become stuck as the mag release levers flat against the back ridge of the mag, however, the Bakelite mags work perfectly. I haven't shot this stock as of yet, but plan too soon. So far I am visually impressed with this weapon. I suggest to anyone looking for an elegant, old-fashioned AKM for a little over $200. You can always upgrade to the max so for me, I don't have a reason to score the gearbox and motor, since I plan to enhance it from the start. THANKS EVIKE!!!!!!!!! Read More Reviews Write a Review
« Back to product description
Echo1 Red Star AKM Full Metal AK74 Airsoft AEG (Real Wood) Echo1 AEGs are high quality AEGs with realistic finish, upgraded parts and great performance. Dimension:
600 Rounds metal hi-cap magazine included. (Uses all AK47 series AEG Magazine).
Ver 3, Full Metal
Echo 1 High Performance Electric Motor
Full / Semi / Safety select fire.
AEG, Hicap Magazine, Battery, Charger, Manual.
8.4v Small type.
- Echo1 high strength reinforced 7mm gearbox. Lipoly Ready.
- 100% Marui Compatible / Takes all Marui compatible AK47 upgrade parts and accessories.
- Great Accuracy and Long Range Performance.
- Full Metal Realistic Design Receiver with Real Wood Furniture.
- TM Compatible AK-47 Type Adjustable Hopup.
- Full Metal Outer / Inner Barrel system.
- Adjustable Front & Rear Sight.
- Movable Cocking Lever and Bolt Cover
The Echo 1 Red Star Series AEG is one of the best AK series on the market. With great range and power, Tokyo Marui compatibility 7mm upgraded gearbox, this AEG is easy to upgrade, tune and accessorize. The Echo 1 Red Star JP-48MB already includes expensive metal body and real wood furniture upgrades that normally cost more than $200 extra! You won't be disappointed with the Echo 1 Red Star JP-48MB.
This AEG comes pre-upgraded with all Echo 1 factory reinforced parts, resulting in an amazing rifle ready to play out of the box. A complete TM-compatible reinforced gearbox retails for over $120. Echo 1 comes standard with the most common upgrades and is rated one of the best factory gearboxes by airsoft technicians. The gearbox is smooth and the rate of fire is great with excellent accuracy and long range performance.
This product was added to our catalog on Tuesday 29 December, 2009.
Wanna chat about
Echo1 Red Star AKM Full Metal AK74 Airsoft AEG (Real Wood)?
Have questions about this item? We monitor these comments daily, but it may be faster to
email us directly or call us at 1-626-286-0360.
Facebook about THIS with your friends! Comment for a chance to win awesome airsoft prizes. Details can be found on The Evike Facebook Fan Page HERE! Remember to leave "Also post on Facebook" checked to qualify your comment!