"This gearbox is amazing I'm already hittin 400 fps with a rate of fire of 100 bbs per second!!!!fun!!! "Best. Investment. EVER!!! This has outlasted EVERY SINGLE GUN i have owned. This can be a sniper, a smg, assault rifle; This can be ANYTHING!! 10/10 "Wow. Just. Wow. Polarstar, I would like to thank you for, well. Everything!
This thing is amazing. I couldnt ask for more!
Just to give you a background on me, I have been a technician for a few years now, I have setups ranging from 400fps @ 40rps to 600fps @ 20rps, and this thing can beat all of them with the swap of a nozzle and a few seconds of changing the FCU.
Now this can be used as a great advantage, or in a very horrible way.
Please abide by your fields velocity limits and DONT give all P* users a bad name!
Another thing that many people dislike about P*s is the need to carry an air rig.
Let me dispel that myth by just saying that you barely notice it.
I use a camelbak hydration system and it works great with the Ninja tanks.
The air rig itself feels like a sling and barely gets in the way.
I see a ton of compatibility questions here and I would like to answer them:
1) Will it fit in TM, VFC, King Arms, A&K, G&G, JG, CYMA, G&P, Matrix, AIM or other TM spec bodies?
2) Will it fit in a ICS split body?
3) Will it fit in a KWA?
Yes, but not without modifying the body. KWA body's are not to TM spec and you will need to do some sanding. Pain in the but, but it can be done.
4) Will it fit into other V2 gearbox guns?
Yes, It will fit, however it will not function/feed correctly. You will need selector switches as well as P* nozzles specific to your gun (IE like a G3 or similar)
Polarstar is working on getting them out, so eventually it will be a yes :)
How does it work?
1) Pull out your standard V2 gearbox
2) drop this in.
3) profit beyond everything
The Polarstar engine is a quantum leap in airsoft mechanics.
By utilizing HPA and solenoids, and eliminating the many parts that break in a standard gearbox, you get a system that literally, by definition, CANNOT break.
Trigger response is literally INSTANTANEOUS,
you can adjust RoF anywhere from like 8rps to 70rps,
FPS can be adjusted by changing the nozzle, (easy thing to do, takes 2 mins max)
You can also adjust how much air the engine pumps out of the barrel, which means you can actually utilize a 700mm+ barrel effectively, while in a standard AEG it is normally impossible, even with boreup kits and such.
Adjustable airflow for super long barrels.
Instantaneous trigger response.
Programmable burst mode
MADE IN THE USA!!!! BEST OF THE BEST!!
Drops in almost any standard M4 body.
extremely consistent, literally +-2 FPS deviation between shots at max (with a good hopup/bucking combo)
Air Rig is extra
Tank is extra.
Overall, this is the best airsoft system on the market.
Polarstars can run insane setups without any stress on the system (Google P*'s 1,000,000rd stress test)
The initial cost of the system can seem like a turn-off for most players, but the thing is, if you have nice $400 base gun, you will have to pay $100 to get it to a 400@40rps setup, plus maintaining the darn thing will cost at least another $50 every few months when parts break and stuff, so over time it will save you money if you run high ROF or high FPS setups.
Its worth it. Trust me. Getting another for my AK once I can afford it :P
Again, its totally worth EVERY SINGLE PENNY. Read More Reviews Write a Review
« Back to product description
*This is the newest version of Polar Star PR-15 gearbox and the plug type you receive will reflect the newest model.
PolarStar Airsoft V2 Gen3 Fusion Engine Electro-Pneumatic Gearbox Kit
The PolarStar Gen3 V2 Fusion Engine takes place of any Ver. 2 AEG Gearbox as a direct drop-in. It is powered via a High Pressure Air (HPA) setup and only requires a small battery (7.4v-9.6v NiMH or Lipo recommended) to power the onboard computer known as the Fire Control Unit (FCU). This kit comes with the necessary core parts to convert your AEG M4 / M16 to the Fusion System, and can be used with other Ver 2 Airsoft AEGs by replacing the selector plate, trigger and Fusion Engine nozzle (additional FE nozzles, triggers and selector plates not included). HPA stabilizer and tank required but not included.
The Fusion Engine is completely adjustable via the FCU and by varying the pressure from the HPA system (90-120 PSI). The Fusion Engine Kit comes equipped with PolarStar's Blue Nozzle (FPS listed below). Optional Color-coded nozzles are available to be able to move the Maximum FPS Range up or down.
The Fusion Engine is compatible with AEG style Hopups and Inner Barrels allowing the use of standard upgrade parts. A great thing about the Fusion Engine is that stripped gears, blown motors, fried batteries, and just about every other problem with AEG's no longer exist. Say goodbye to hundreds of dollars on maintenance and countless hours fixing your gun!
HPA system not included
- 100% Engineered and Assembled in the USA!
- Revolutionary Electro-Pneumatic Fusion Engine allows for an HPA setup in a compact space
- Instant Trigger Response (literally, instant!)
- Complete control of the system via the Fire Control Unit (FCU)
- Fully Adjustable FPS and Rate of Fire
- User adjustable Semi/Full-Auto, Semi-Only, 2rd-9rd Burst, and Open Bolt and Closed Bolt Firing modes
- Consistent performance, regardless of the temperature
- Fine Tuning of the Nozzle Dwell allows for accurate BB feeding with any magazine
- Maximum FPS limit can be raised or lowered with optional Color-coded Air Nozzles (Not included)
- Uses Standard TM AEG Hopup and Inner Barrel design allowing for AEG upgrade parts and the use of standard AEG magazines
- New GEN3 design now interfaces with all V2 AEG triggers and selector plates for cross compatibility with many different models and platforms
For use with any Tokyo Marui, Matrix, JG, G&G, G&P, DBoy, Echo1, VFC or other Ver 2 Gearbox AEG Rifle. Kit comes with M4 / M16 selector plate, trigger, and FE nozzle (other Ver. 2 AEG selector plates, triggers and FE nozzles not included)
Max Velocity: (0.20g BB @ 120 PSI)
275mm Inner Barrel: 380 FPS
380mm Inner Barrel: 405 FPS
509mm Inner Barrel: 435 FPS
*FPS listed is approximate. FPS will increase as barrel length increases Rate of Fire:
500 RPM - 1800 RPM, Adjustable
PSI Operating Range:
90-120 PSI (Do NOT exceed 120 PSI, otherwise you may damage the internals)
High Pressure Air Tank (Tank and Regulator System not included)
Pre-Assembled Fusion Engine, FCU
7.4v-9.6v NiMH or Lipo (Not included).
PolarStar Airsoft (External Parts OEM: VFC)
The Fusion Engine is a very low maintenance, advanced system that requires a few necessary parts:
M4/M16 or other Ver. 2 AEG Rifle (replaces the original gearbox) HPA Tank Stabilizer/Regulator Remote Line Small Battery (7.4v-9.6v recommended. Can be LiPo or NiMH) *The above items are not included, but are available here at Evike.com Disclaimer on High Pressure Air (HPA) Systems:
HPA Tanks are a safe and effective source of power though there are some precautions you must follow. Please follow these proper precautions when using HPA systems:
- NEVER put oil in the fill valve of the tank, or else the tank can combust on refill and serious injury can occur. Lubrication is not necessary in HPA systems.
- ONLY allow properly trained professionals to fill your HPA tank.
- ALWAYS double check your Regulator pressure. Never raise the regulated pressure above 120 PSI
- Make sure to have your tank Hydro-Tested when necessary. (Usually 3-5 years from date marked on tank, depending on make and model)
- Be sure to properly transport your HPA tank. Store in a safe, secured place when in a vehicle, and be sure to stow in a bag or tank cover when in use. Avoid dropping the tank on hard surfaces as this can seriously damage the tank and lead to failure.
- Always turn off the tank and bleed the air line when you are done. This will ensure a longer tank and system lifespan.
This product was added to our catalog on Wednesday 23 November, 2011.