The replica interceptor vest by Phantom is designed for those looking for a serious body armor vest for hard-core simulations and Airsoft gaming. It is modeled and designed after the interceptor vest widely used by military personnel all over the world. It features a rugged and durable build quality with MOLLE webbing for attaching all of the pouches you may possibly need.History of the I.B.A. Vest:
The Interceptor Body Armor (IBA) system is a bullet-resistant vest originally used by US Armed Forces in the late 90's to the mid 2000's, seeing use up to around 2010. The IBA replaced the older 1980's era PASGT armored vests. The IBA OTV was initially produced in M81 Woodland Camo, but was also made in Coyote-brown for USMC units. M81 Woodland was later superseded by 3-color Desert Combat Pattern, followed by Universal Camo Pattern (also known as "ACU").
The IBA OTV featured the ability to hold SAPI plates, and had a Kevlar liners for added protection.
- Heavy weight webbing covering entire vest for modular pouches
- Accepts up to 11" x 14" replica ballistic front and back plates (replica plates not included)
- Hydration system compatible
- Built-in emergency drag handle
- Adjustable waist tension straps on the sides
- Detachable collar, groin, and shoulder pads
1000 Denier CorduraIncludes:
Interceptor replica vest, detachable collar with throat protector, shoulder pads, and groin protectorManufacturer:
This replica I.B.A.O.T.V. does NOT include Kevlar liners and cannot be used for ballistic purposes. This extremely realistic replica is meant for impressionist and Airsoft uses only.
(Write a review)
"I opened this vest up ten minutes ago and I like it, but I've had better.
Pros: a LOT of MOLE space
Nice and light, but still protective
Fits plates (medium in front, large in back)
Cons: I'm 5ft 10 1/2in. and this kinda got to my neck
Needs both size plates (con bc I have two large size)
Front neck guard is flimsy (I just took that off)
Got WAY too hot after 20 min of wearing it, it does not breath at all (and that's in a 65~70 degree (f) house)
It's a vest for certain load outs like Marine or Army infantry. Definitely not worth the $104 I spent, but VERY durable.
"I LOVE this vest! It is very well built and stitched. I just wanted the base vest but the pouldrons, groin protector and neck protector are actually very nice. It is however very big. Not so big that it cannot fit me. (6 foot and 135 pounds, yeah, I'm skinny)
1. Great protection, especially if you are afraid of the BB hits.
2. Very well stitched.
3. The adjustability is great. It fits me at 6 foot and 135 pounds.
4. The extras are actually quite nice.
5. Plenty of molle.
6. Can hold large dummy sapi plates.
7. If you go without a sapi plate, you can put a hydration bladder in the back.
8. Has velcro for nametape.
1. Could be too big and bulky for some, or if you don't like being restricted. I personally don't mind it at all, even in CQB I have great movement.
2. I either got the wrong color (OD Green) or this is an extremely green tan.
Overall I would certainly reccommend this plate carrier to everyone, especially if you are going for a marine loadout. It will be great for Milsim.
"I bought thus vest when I just started airsoft because it offered the most protection now playing for a while adjusting to getting hits i now vie this vest as a wast of money it's to big and bulky not much practical use
Good for starters
Terrible for cqb
Discuss about Phantom Interceptor Replica Modular OTV Body Armor / Vest - Medium (Coyote) with your friends and fellow Evike.com shoppers!
Comment or answer questions for a chance to win awesome prizes.
Details can be found on the Evike.com Facebook page.
Remember to check "Also post on Facebook" to qualify for the giveaways!
Have an urgent question about this item? We monitor these comments daily, but it may be faster to email us directly or call us at (626) 286-0360. Our resident experts are standing by to answer your questions!