"While I do not own this rifle I have used it for a day and let me tell you, it's a beast of a gun. Now this gun is very much like the real steel down to the trades which are very nice. This gun is very accurate and the hop up is both easy to adjust and amazing. With .25s this will easily hit targets about 150-170ft away easily anything much farther and you may have to lob them a bit. The mags hold 190rds yes but they are very inexpensive coming in at about $20 which honestly isn't bad. Now with all these positive things there come negatives too. This gun is very heavy due to the metal parts being steel. The wood is polymer but feels nice. Now I get into the pros and cons.
Amazing range and accuracy
Metal parts are metal
Amazing hop up and gear box
Has semi auto as well so if you wanna take it into CQB and lower the spring you can
Heavy (could be a pro)
With a 9.6 there are really bad feeding issues use a 8.4
For the rifle your getting at the price it is it's well worth the money. A good more budget friendly option is the Matrix one that I plan on getting but definetly get this if you have the money "I have had this for 2 years and though I have had some problems(significant) but after taking it apart and putting it back together a bunch of times I have finally got it reliable.
Pros: it is a BAR, and a very good clone of the real one with similar weight and size
- rate of fire is appropriate for a support weapon
- adding a tight bore barrel that extends the full length of the outer barrel makes it a full auto sniper, remove bucking with new barrel or it will jam, bucking has no effect on accuracy (ghop, rhop) I have tried them all
- good upgrade platform, replace bearings, gears, motor, and mosfet after the internals ate theirselves. Super Kong mosfet is a god send as you can dial down the rate of fire to be realistic, or dial up and it will empty the magazine in 1 trigger pull. Leave cylinder as it is proprietary and I have not found a suitable replacement.
- after replacing all the internals minus the hop up it is reliable and accurate.
- excellent support from Echo1
- frame built like a tank, once you lock tite all screws it won't move
- feed issues, feed issues, feed issues! I own 8 magazines and all have issues. If you spray silicone into the feed chute in the mag it helps, if you put your hand under the magazine it will help a bit too. It is a design issue, the magazines catches are 1/16 to low, gonna weld a tab and see if that helps, just not gotten around to it.
- you have to take apart the butt plate to access the battery, should be made like a Thompson with a catch
- fire select is wonky as another reviewer stated. I am still working on this one, I think it is the design again and the type of switch they use.
- the bolt cove, supposed to move with the charging handle, again bad design. Just take it out you will never get it to work beyond the first two cycles of the charging handle, it will snag the gear box and get stuck back. It has no effect on how it shoots, just for looks.
I know it seems like a lot of issues and mods to make it reliable. You have to understand I shot it weekly, 2000 rounds a day, probably more than most people would do. However, it is a unique weapon and everyone wants to see it, a way to separate from all the M4 drones😊 "I got mine last year and I was a little dissapointed.
Lets look at the pros first.
It is a beastly looking weapon. It brings a lot of attention during pre-game and post game. It is great as a team support weapon, and as a prepared-position weapon. I used it with it's bipod in a built bunker and let me tell you, it was awesome at holding the other team off. People really didn't want to come up on it. I found the best way to use this weapon is to carry a sub-auto or small rifle to accompany it. This is NOT a primary weapon. Find a line of sight, prepare the position and either sit with it and defend, or leave your position with your smg/rifle and come back to it later.
I found that it had some serious mag-feed issues. it might fire 1 out of 10 shots. Even if it could fire, the only mag available is a 90rnd Hi-cap, which is attrocious for a support weapon. Isn't so effective when you have to change a mag out every 10 seconds. The other problem I experienced is that it had a sticky trigger. It would continue to fire after I had released and sometimes even started firing on it's own. I accidentally shot out my car's side mirror when I had it laying on the ground on the bi-pod and it started firing. I also felt the construction was a little flimsy. The gun had a lot of flex between the barrel and the motor housing, but that might be expected on such a large, heavy gun. Lastly, know that this is a very heavy gun. I become greatly winded after a match if i'm humping it around the entire time.
Overall, the performance is mediocre and I would classify this weapon as a show piece or "intimidation" weapon. Read More Reviews Write a Review
« Back to product description
Echo1 Ohio Ordnance Works M1918 SLR Airsoft AEG Rifle Features: Fully Licensed by Ohio Ordnance Works Full Metal Barrel Assembly and Receiver Adjustable Metal Bipod High Quality Imitation Wood Furniture Adjustable Rear Sight Length:
~390 FPS (Measured with 0.20g BBs)
Gun, Magazine, Battery, and Charger
9.6v Small Stick Type recommended.
Things you may need to get started: – Required to power your AEG; use a high quality battery and charger for best results. Battery and Charger – Stay in the fight longer by bringing more ammo with you. Spare Magazines – High quality precision 6mm BB’s recommended; Use 0.20g – 0.25g BB’s for best results. BB’s – Basic cleaning and lubrication maintenance help keep your Airsoft AEG in top working order. Silicone Oil VIDEO
Wanna chat about
Echo1 Ohio Ordnance Works M1918 SLR Airsoft AEG Rifle?
Have questions about this item? We monitor these comments daily, but it may be faster to
email us directly or call us at 1-626-286-0360.
Facebook about THIS with your friends! Comment for a chance to win awesome airsoft prizes. Details can be found on The Evike Facebook Fan Page HERE! Remember to leave "Also post on Facebook" checked to qualify your comment!