"This is by far the best spring-powered tri-shot shotgun that money can buy. The Tokyo Marui SPAS-12 is absolutely fantastic and for the price, it was totally worth it, you will not find this for less than $200 anywhere else, Tokyo Marui's SPAS-12 Tri-Shot has been around for many years, in fact, it has been around for over a decade and still proves to be one of the best Tri-shot shotguns available. When my TM SPAS-12 first arrived, the first thing I noticed is how big the thing is, it is a very bulky gun which gives it a huge intimidation factor. Performance-wise, it is about what you would expect. The hop-up is fixed and designed for .25g bbs. In a CQB environment, it works great, it is very accurate up to a certain distance, then the bbs will start to fall. I wouldn't recommend this for field use, only because of the fact that it was not designed to shoot that far, but it is perfect for CQB use. Overall, it is actually a pretty hefty gun, but it is very front-heavy, mainly due to the fact that the outer barrel and tubular magazine are made out of metal, the rest of it is made out of plastic. The biggest disappointment of course is the lack of the classic Steel folding-stock, Tokyo Marui used to make them, but they have been long discontinued and have become very expensive collector's items now, If you are lucky enough to find one, it really does complete the look of the SPAS-12.
- Very Accurate
- Decent Range
- Tri-shot feature works very well
- Intimidation factor
- Does not require gas or batteries because it is spring-powered
- Perfect for CQB
- Looks amazing for being one of the only available airsoft SPAS-12 shotguns
- Weight feels unbalanced, it is very front heavy.
- Does not come with a folding-stock "Great shotgun. But $160 is the MAXIMUM of what its worth. Internas are nice, externals....not my favorite. The plastic on the pump is pretty cheap (oh look at the time...FLAME WAR!!!), and when you bump it against something, it makes a loud "CLACK!". Pumping is kinda hard, a stock wouldve been great....Accuracy is decent, if you arc it right, you can get mabey 80 ft. from it. The sights are nice IMO. The barrel(s) are relativley long (this shotgun is longer than my M4). Fires 3 shots at a time at a decent grouping.....I would say 3-6 inches at average range, long ranges can get from 5-12 inch groupings....thats pretty impressive for a spring shotgun. FPS is 300...might be bad for n00bZ who like ub3r h1gh FPS'z y0, but around here, for room clearing you must have a handgun or shotgun (or semi-auto on an AEG) that shoots under/around 300 fps. So the FPS is PERFECT for a shotgun. I did get shot in the shoulder point blank with this (yes, all 3 rounds), aaaaaaand it hurts, but ive definately seen worse.
-FPS is around 300 (might be bad for n00bZ who like ub3r h1gh FPS'z y0, but around here, for room clearing you must have a handgun or shotgun (or semi-auto on an AEG) that shoots under/around 300 fps. So the FPS is PERFECT for a shotgun)
-Plasticky plastic...and LOTS of it.
In conclusion, im gonna give this a 4.....its perfect, but after heaing talk from the TM fanboys about TMs uber awesome plastic...this disappointed me. However if you want a good, reliable room clearing weapon, dont hesitate to buy this shotgun....because if you do, il kick in your door and shoot you with mine! "A truly awesome weapon to behold, and always a good backup when your AEG is having problems and your pistol is low on gas. I actually use this as a primary weapon because I play a CQB/grenadier role (packing a M79) and couldn't give a rat's @$$ about my G36K.
Performs slightly better than the M3
Shell magazines are useful and cheap
Packs pretty good range with .25/.28 BBs
Shells are kind of annoying to get rid of in the middle of a fight (suggest a dump pouch)
Though the range is good, the firing rate won't stand up to an AEG
Almost all plastic construction
Expensive (and always out of stock)
Overall, I'd say it is definately a new and different style to airsoft, playing with a pump-action shotgun. You'll recieve respect for being different in a crowd of AEG-wielding team-mates, and I often get questions of where I got such a shotgun (hint: not here). Against an AEG, you will usually win if you are at short to medium range and can squeeze off the first shot. If you miss, your screwed, nothing to it. My only gripes are that the folding stock is $100 more and the mock bolt is fixed and will NOT move. Definately recommend it if it is ever in stock again. Read More Reviews Write a Review
« Back to product description
Tokyo Marui SPAS 12 Style Full Size Airsoft Shotgun (Pistol Grip)
One of the original shotguns to feature three inner barrels and the capability of firing three BB's at once, the Tokyo Marui SPAS 12 is still regarded as one of the best spring powered shotguns in the airsoft world.
Features: High quality ABS polymer construction Spring powered, no need for gas or batteries Triple barrel design shoots 3 BB's at a time Metal barrel and magazine tube Fixed metal sights Capable of slam firing by holding the trigger and racking the action for fast follow up shots Length:
285 FPS (Measured w/ .20g BB)
Shotgun, 1x Shotgun Shell, Loading Rod, Unjamming Rod, Manual
This item is currently
Out of Stock. Most out of stock items are restocked within 1-3 weeks. Some items may take longer. Please add this item to your wishlist to keep posted on its availability. Wanna chat about
Tokyo Marui SPAS 12 Style Full Size Airsoft Shotgun (Pistol Grip)?
Have questions about this item? We monitor these comments daily, but it may be faster to
email us directly or call us at 1-626-286-0360.
Facebook about THIS with your friends! Comment for a chance to win awesome airsoft prizes. Details can be found on The Evike Facebook Fan Page HERE! Remember to leave "Also post on Facebook" checked to qualify your comment!