"I originally bought this gun because it was my favorite gun in a game called Alliance of Valiant Arms. Ok so this gun has given me no problem at all i love easy to use. GET THIS GUN PLS. Great for the price. Looks and feels amazing and is super accurate. "This gun is amazing out of the box both internally and externally. Ran about 2500 rounds through it in one day and it performed well and consistently. The ROF is decent and the range is phenomenal with the pre-installed Madbull bucking. Only qualms I have against it externally is the wobbly rear sight, other than that it is a great buy for the price.
- Tight mag fit (no noticeable wobble)
- Internals are very good straight out of the box
- Unique look
- Only con is the wobbly rear sight, but it isn't really a big deal if you adjust to 3 or higher
If you are an AK style enthusiast I highly recommend this, it is unique. "Ok, right off the bat I'm going to say this gun is incredible. I've had it for a couple of months now, and I've been more than impressed, especially for the price. You might think $225 seems like a large chunk of money, but trust me, it's worth every penny. The one thing that, above all, has stood out about this gun, however, is the noise. This is by far the LOUDEST airsoft gun I've ever fired. It's loud to the point that I've often considered wearing ear protection when firing it indoors. Not necessarily bad or good, it certainly makes it quite intimidating but might give away your position.
Now, pros and cons:
- full metal
- great price
- good FPS (I've clocked it in around 375)
- excellent range (the madbull hopup is really quite good, I've fired at around 175-200 feet no problem)
- the whole gun is steel, with a few exceptions: the pistol and vertical grips are both polymer, and the stock bar is pot metal. Don't let this put you off, however - the stock is extremely strong and can easily support the entire weight of the gun.
- The battery that comes with the gun is a 9.6v, and is quite good - don't just throw it away!
- the gun comes with 2 (yes, 2) 600 round metal high-caps
However, there is one major downside:
- atrocious accuracy. While the madbull hopup gives it range past the 200 foot mark, the short barrel has a major effect on the gun's actual grouping. While the bbs will travel that distance, at that range you'll be seeing a 5-7 foot spread. This makes the gun an excellent support or suppression weapon, it's definitely not suitable for any sort of marksman role. However, the AMD IS a vehicle crew / paratrooper weapon, so the short barrel is to be expected.
- the only other con I can think of is that the stock bar is quite low. If you want to rest your cheek on the stock, I would recommend an aftermarket stock riser - real steel AMD cheek risers should fit on this no problem. It is possible to rest your chin on the stock, which seems to work quite well, and if you've had problems with aiming down sights because of a full face mask, this stock would be ideal. Read More Reviews Write a Review
« Back to product description
Echo1 Red Star Full Metal AK AMD-65 Airsoft AEG Rifle
The AMD-65 is the latest to Echo1′s lineup of AEGs. Not being your traditional AK on the field, this gun stands out with itís unique foregrip and folding stock. Some key features to point out is the shorter front end and folding stock. The front section uses a short ended outer barrel and gas block compared to other AKís. Allowing room for maneuverability, this gun is great for close quarter environments. To increase the control while on the move there is a vertical tactical grip added to the bottom of the metal hand guard. On the back of the gun is the metal folding stock that is fitted with a rubber pad. The stock has a secure lock feature that must be pressed in while the stock is extended or folded over. With the locking feature the stock is secure while in use and still allows quick use if needed.
Constructed mostly out of metal the AMD-65 uses a steel body to keep the weight and feel of the gun very realistic. The inside is nothing but the best using upgrade parts to make this a field ready gun out of the box. Included in every AMD is a MadBull Blue hop up buckings giving players a pre-upgraded AEG.The gearbox uses 8mm steel bearings with steel gears giving the player a durable and efficient Airsoft gun. The piston is made out of polycarbon and has a re-enforced pick up tooth and the second tooth. An already trimmed AoE meshing and a ported piston head with bearings is already installed allowing the AMD to be one of the best built Airsoft gun out on the market. Features: Full Metal Construction Compact design, great for indoor and outdoor skirmishes Adjustable Front and Rear Sights Integrated Vertical Grip Steel Side Folding Stock Battery and 2 Magazines included! Length: 610mm / 865mm (Folded / Total) Weight: 2900g Inner Barrel: 360mm Magazine Capacity: 600rd Metal Hi-Capacity. Compatible with Matrix, G&G, Tokyo Marui and other similar AK Series Airsoft AEG Magazines Muzzle Velocity: ~390 FPS (Measured with 0.20g BBs) Thread Direction: 14mm Negative Gearbox: Ver 3 Full Metal, Fully Upgradeable Motor: Short Type Fire Modes: Semi/Full-Auto, Safety Package Includes: Gun, 2x Magazines, Battery, Wall Charger, Manual Battery: 9.6v 1100mAh Stick Type recommended (Battery included) Hopup: Yes, Adjustable Manufacturer: Echo1
Wanna chat about
Echo1 Red Star Full Metal AK AMD-65 Airsoft AEG Rifle?
Have questions about this item? We monitor these comments daily, but it may be faster to
email us directly or call us at 1-626-286-0360.
Facebook about THIS with your friends! Comment for a chance to win awesome airsoft prizes. Details can be found on The Evike Facebook Fan Page HERE! Remember to leave "Also post on Facebook" checked to qualify your comment!