"This gun is amazing out of the box both internally and externally. Ran about 2500 rounds through it in one day and it performed well and consistently. The ROF is decent and the range is phenomenal with the pre-installed Madbull bucking. Only qualms I have against it externally is the wobbly rear sight, other than that it is a great buy for the price.
- Tight mag fit (no noticeable wobble)
- Internals are very good straight out of the box
- Unique look
- Only con is the wobbly rear sight, but it isn't really a big deal if you adjust to 3 or higher
If you are an AK style enthusiast I highly recommend this, it is unique. "Ok, right off the bat I'm going to say this gun is incredible. I've had it for a couple of months now, and I've been more than impressed, especially for the price. You might think $225 seems like a large chunk of money, but trust me, it's worth every penny. The one thing that, above all, has stood out about this gun, however, is the noise. This is by far the LOUDEST airsoft gun I've ever fired. It's loud to the point that I've often considered wearing ear protection when firing it indoors. Not necessarily bad or good, it certainly makes it quite intimidating but might give away your position.
Now, pros and cons:
- full metal
- great price
- good FPS (I've clocked it in around 375)
- excellent range (the madbull hopup is really quite good, I've fired at around 175-200 feet no problem)
- the whole gun is steel, with a few exceptions: the pistol and vertical grips are both polymer, and the stock bar is pot metal. Don't let this put you off, however - the stock is extremely strong and can easily support the entire weight of the gun.
- The battery that comes with the gun is a 9.6v, and is quite good - don't just throw it away!
- the gun comes with 2 (yes, 2) 600 round metal high-caps
However, there is one major downside:
- atrocious accuracy. While the madbull hopup gives it range past the 200 foot mark, the short barrel has a major effect on the gun's actual grouping. While the bbs will travel that distance, at that range you'll be seeing a 5-7 foot spread. This makes the gun an excellent support or suppression weapon, it's definitely not suitable for any sort of marksman role. However, the AMD IS a vehicle crew / paratrooper weapon, so the short barrel is to be expected.
- the only other con I can think of is that the stock bar is quite low. If you want to rest your cheek on the stock, I would recommend an aftermarket stock riser - real steel AMD cheek risers should fit on this no problem. It is possible to rest your chin on the stock, which seems to work quite well, and if you've had problems with aiming down sights because of a full face mask, this stock would be ideal. "I'm going to start this review by saying that THIS GUN IS AMAZING. I'll go through all of the pros and the cons (although there are almost no cons).
- Full metal (mostly steel, just a few non-steel parts)
- Very solidly built and there is nearly no wobble (Just a little in the stock)
- Very nice upgrades pre-installed
- Comes with 2 steel magazines that hold 600 rounds each
- Folding stock locks nicely into position and is very strong. I doubt that it will ever break.
- Easy to take apart
- No magazine wobble
- Insane hop-up; I was hitting a 200 ft target nearly every single time using Matrix .25g bb's and with the hop-up turned all the way off, aiming the sights straight on the target.
- Comes with a 9.6v battery which gives it a ROF that's around 14 bb's per second. Very nice for a stock gun.
- Fantastic accuracy
- No mis-feeding
- Amazingly crisp trigger response. The gun will fire flawlessly on semi every time you pull the trigger. No hiccups on full-auto
- Motor sounds great
- Stock release button rubs against your hand when gripping the pistol grip (just wear some gloves to fix this problem)
- Paint rubs off easily (This could be a pro or a con, I kinda like it cause it gives the gun a nice, worn look)
- There is a metal pin in the orange tip that prevents you from screwing it off. I'm just going to use a power saw to saw the tip in half.
- Magazines that come with the gun are hi-caps (Just me, I prefer mid-caps)
This gun is fantastic. Although there are a few cons, the pros greatly out-way them. I am very, very impressed with this gun. I'm going to go as far as to say that I like it more than my ARES Tar-21. I would recommend this gun to any airsoft player, from beginner to advanced. In short, GET THIS GUN. Read More Reviews Write a Review
« Back to product description
Echo1 Red Star Full Metal AK AMD-65 Airsoft AEG Rifle
The AMD-65 is the latest to Echo1′s lineup of AEGs. Not being your traditional AK on the field, this gun stands out with it’s unique foregrip and folding stock. Some key features to point out is the shorter front end and folding stock. The front section uses a short ended outer barrel and gas block compared to other AK’s. Allowing room for maneuverability, this gun is great for close quarter environments. To increase the control while on the move there is a vertical tactical grip added to the bottom of the metal hand guard. On the back of the gun is the metal folding stock that is fitted with a rubber pad. The stock has a secure lock feature that must be pressed in while the stock is extended or folded over. With the locking feature the stock is secure while in use and still allows quick use if needed.
Constructed mostly out of metal the AMD-65 uses a steel body to keep the weight and feel of the gun very realistic. The inside is nothing but the best using upgrade parts to make this a field ready gun out of the box. Included in every AMD is a MadBull Blue hop up buckings giving players a pre-upgraded AEG.The gearbox uses 8mm steel bearings with steel gears giving the player a durable and efficient Airsoft gun. The piston is made out of polycarbon and has a re-enforced pick up tooth and the second tooth. An already trimmed AoE meshing and a ported piston head with bearings is already installed allowing the AMD to be one of the best built Airsoft gun out on the market.
Features: Full Metal Construction Compact design, great for indoor and outdoor skirmishes Adjustable Front and Rear Sights Integrated Vertical Grip Steel Side Folding Stock Battery and 2 Magazines included! Length:
610mm / 865mm (Folded / Total)
600rd Metal Hi-Capacity. Compatible with Matrix, G&G, Tokyo Marui and other similar AK Series Airsoft AEG Magazines
~390 FPS (Measured with 0.20g BBs)
Ver 3 Full Metal, Fully Upgradeable
Gun, 2x Magazines, Battery, Wall Charger, Manual
9.6v 1100mAh Stick Type recommended (Battery included)
This product was added to our catalog on Tuesday 21 August, 2012.
Wanna chat about
Echo1 Red Star Full Metal AK AMD-65 Airsoft AEG Rifle?
Have questions about this item? We monitor these comments daily, but it may be faster to
email us directly or call us at 1-626-286-0360.
Facebook about THIS with your friends! Comment for a chance to win awesome airsoft prizes. Details can be found on The Evike Facebook Fan Page HERE! Remember to leave "Also post on Facebook" checked to qualify your comment!