On the movie ALIENS, the Alien Pulse Rifle was used by the USCM "United States Colonial Marines".
Looking to take Airsoft mil-sim to the future where existing human technology is no longer sufficient to quench your thirst for power? This Alien Pulse rifle kit stands to be one of Airsoft industry's most exciting custom gun. Initial production for 2012 we will only have a few hundred pieces available so act fast while supplies last! Years ago, enthusiasts would need to custom build this rifle with a $400 kit, a $400 rifle (Tokyo Marui Thompson) and hours of advanced tech work to build it. This custom gun was very rare, limited and impossible to find. The impossible is now made possible by the technicians here at Evike.com and at Matrix! The Alien Pulse Rifle will now be sold as a complete AEG, it now performs better, is available to buy while supplies last, with 100% manufacture parts support and most importantly, affordable!
The Alien Pulse Rifle features futuristic aggressive look, a working bullet counter, retractable stock, customizable integrated shotgun compartment and a carrying handle.
Internally, the Alien Pulse Rifle features an advanced version 6 gearbox, torque up motor and a whopping 380 FPS right out of the box. The version 6 gearbox is a new system gearbox that is easy to upgrade and here at Evike.com we offer you hundreds of spare upgrade parts for the Ver.6 gearbox to ensure that it never goes out of service on you.
Expensive is better? The factory completed Matrix Custom Alien Pulse Rifle is far more superior than the original in parts durability, gearbox performance and more!Features:Heavy Weight, Solid Construction.Aggressive look and feelCustom Thompson 190 round hi-cap magazine included and hidden awayWorking LCD Ammo Counter (Counts down from 95 to 0. Each 95 round count down is essentially half a mag!)Battery hidden away in "Shotgun" compartmentRetractable Metal Stock via One-Touch ButtonRealistic Dummy Shotgun ShellGreat for in-game use or as a collector's pieceFull Metal, fully upgradeable advanced Ver. 6 gearbox with reinforced internal parts1:1 Scale Alien Pulse Rifle as seen from the movie or the real live round firing Pulse Rifle!User Manual available HERELength:
685mm - 785mm, AdjustableWeight:
190rd Hi-Capacity Custom Thompson Magazine. Compatible with Matrix, Tokyo Marui and other similar M1 Thompson Series Airsoft AEG MagazinesMuzzle Velocity:
360~380 FPS (Measured with 0.20g BBs)Gearbox:
Ver 6 Full Metal, Fully UpgradeableMotor:
Hi-Torque Short TypeFire Modes:
Semi/Full-Auto, SafePackage Includes:
8.4v 1600mAh Small Stick Type / 7.4v LiPo Recommended (Battery & charger not included. Wired to front w/ small Tamiya)
9V Standard house-hold type battery (x1) required for LCD Ammo Counter (Batteries not included)Hopup:
Yes, AdjustableCaliber / BB:
6mm. Best with 0.23g or heavier bb. Matrix or compatible high grade bbs recommended.Manufacturer:
Matrix AirsoftThings you may need to get started:
Battery and Charger – Required to power your AEG; use a high quality battery and charger for best results.BBs – High quality precision 6mm BBs recommended; Use 0.20g – 0.25g BBs for best results.Silicone Oil – Basic cleaning and lubrication maintenance help keep your Airsoft AEG in top working order.Working LCD Ammo Counter!
FPS Range: 360-380
(Write a review)
"Had this for a while now, it's still awesome. How do you go about general maintenance and cleaning of this thing? I have never cleaned an Airsoft gun before and I don't know what I should be paying attention to etc.
"I recently bought this gun a few months ago knowing that there would be some modifications that would have to be taken. I am a big fan of the aliens franchise and have dreamed of owning a pulse rifle since I was a kid, that being said I got motivated to do some mods after playing the recent aliens colonial marines 360 game. I know the game sucked, but it had some great additions to the pulse rifle that have worked very well for airsoft. DISCLAIMER: These mods require the disassembly of the pulse rifle, take your time on taking apart the green plastic section as it is pre-glued and will require some tender plying(about an hour to separate) so that you dont break the plastic. I recommend using a small flat head screwdriver and an exacto knife and patience! The following are the mods...
1. Mag well- Any reviewer/owner will tell you that this gun's mag well is very big for the skinny thompson mag. If you try to reload the mag without looking into the mag well odds are it will take you up to a minute to even load the mag. I went to home depot and picked up their smallest thinnest section of plexi glass(10x10" I think) for 3 bucks. I went home and disassembled the left(non counter) green side of the gun off so that the right side was still there and the thompson receiver was there too. I then loaded a mag and began to cut strips of the plexi glass out(clippers work great) and piece them around the mag. The idea here is to build a slim cage around the mag so that when you go to load it, there is only one route to load. After doing this, I glued about 5-6 little squares chunks via epoxy to the non counter side green plastic shroud just above where the mag cover is. When you glue enough of the squares on this side, it should make it where the mag has no way to move anywhere but directly into the rail on the inside of the mag well. I recommend getting painters blue tape and do mock fits with the tape as it is easy to remove before committing with epoxy. I can reload my gun in seconds and I can literally slam my mags into the mag well as well.
2. Orange tip- I dont mind the orange tip but I planned to put a silencer on it so I had to remove it. I first tried to wrench it off, but found it easier to take a small flat head screw driver wedge it between the barrel and the orange section. It will take a few minutes, but you should be able to remove it in sections. If you are a die hard fan and do not want to modify your gun beyond the scope of the movie, then you dont need to read further.
3. 1 point sling- Yes I didnít mistype that, I put a 1 point on my pulse rifle. I did this very simple mod by locating the metal bracket that helps hold the two green plastic body shrouds together that is behind the pistol grip that attached on the underside by to small screws and a big bolt. Remove that and depending if you are a right or lefty, drill a hole in the middle of that side and install your sling mount. In my case, I installed a small square rail there so that my sling point could rotate and sit on top of the metal piece. I chose this metal piece because the location of it is about right for a 1 point sling and it is a strong metal part that fastens very good on the bottom side of the gun. I originally had a two point sling, but found it very limiting when it came to reloading as the angle to load the mag was very tight and would take a lot of effort to load and would hinder me in cqb. Now I can swap hands and reload quick and this keeps the weight down when in long games.
4. Reflex imbedded in carry handle- This gun does not have any iron sights, but a valley to look through on the carry handle. I wanted this gun to be universal and accurate so I decided to go with a reflex sight as it is accurate with the game and it has a small/thin profile to fit INSIDE the carry handle. You will have to dremel out some of the carry handle where you plan to install the sight in order to do this. When separating the green shrouds, you will see a middle long piece that rests inside the carry handle, I mounted a plastic rail on there and dremeled around it to fit. Then I put the reflex sight in there and made my marks on the shroud pieces to be dremelled down. Take your time here so that you dont buzz off too much plastic. This is a great addition for sight acquisition and in low light you have a reticle! My gun is very accurate with this setup where it feels like a sniper rifle.
5. Flashlight- Since I am concerned with lowlight, I need to have a flashlight mounted. I mimicked the game and mounted a small rail on the opposite location of the bullet counter. The location is great because it is close enough to operate a flashlight with your thumb without much movement. I chose to go with the NCstar flashlight attachment that has an off set so that the flashlight will mount diagonally instead of just up. This helps to clear the green shroud but is still within reach of your thumb. Then following is the link.
6. Silencer- I wanted this gun to be very capable outdoors and so I decided to add a silencer which again is similar to the game. The game plan is add a silencer and then get an inner barrel that is 6-7 inches longer for more accuracy. I ordered a 7 inch silencer and a pistol silencer adapter with the same thread type, in my case 14CCW. When installing, break down the gun and remove the black outer barrel and see how the pistol silencer adapter is to it. Odds are the pistol adapter will have a smaller outer diameter than the barrel, which is normal. From here either take it to a machine shop which they will shave some of the metal off the end for the adapter to fit or if you have a lathe or other machining tools have at it, got mine done at a machine shop.
7. 9.6 battery- When you order this gun, it comes with a 8.4 battery that fits pretty snug. I run a 9.6 1600 mah battery in mine and it has a nice stock ROF. You can put a 9.6 in this gun but it is really cramped. Since I have a bad luck with short outs, I wanted to make sure this wouldnt happen to this gun. You should be very good at breaking the gun down at this point and disassemble the shotgun section and you will see a plastic tab where the battery naturally fits. You can break off this part and glue some foam(any foam insert you can find will do) about an inch further down so that you will have more room for a slightly longer battery!
My intention is that the people who read this review will have an understanding of the capabilities of this gun and an idea of what components I used and where to install them for optimum use. All the components I used were purchased through evike and I used some of their "matrix" line up as they are reasonably priced. TBH, I didnt start using my pulse rifle until about a month ago when my buddies gun took a crap and decided now was the time to test it. My gun is hands down accurate for long range outdoor games and has quick fast reliability for cqb, this is quickly becoming my fav gun because of its raw capabilities.
"As both a real firearms enthusiast as well as a hardcore Alien franchise fan, this unit is GREAT.
The magazine is the only real disappointment with the whole thing as it is a real pain.
If you have a bit of mechanical aptitude, you can shave a little here and there to make the magazine
go in and out much more easily.
The orange caps are glued on tight and all the removal methods I've tired didn't work.
I ended up simply masking the unit and painting the orange caps with a heat resistant flat black.
It definitely added a bit more realism to the unit.
Discuss about Matrix Limited Edition Custom Alien Pulse Rifle Airsoft AEG with your friends and fellow Evike.com shoppers!
Comment or answer questions for a chance to win awesome prizes.
Details can be found on the Evike.com Facebook page.
Remember to check "Also post on Facebook" to qualify for the giveaways!
Have an urgent question about this item? We monitor these comments daily, but it may be faster to email us directly or call us at (626) 286-0360. Our resident experts are standing by to answer your questions!