"Got this gun last week and have shot around 12 mag fulls.
First impressions: the pistol has a great heft and seems to be extremely durable. The only plastic I can see is on the grip plate, which has a crisp texture. Pressing the mag eject button slides open the grip plate to reveal the CO2 slot on one side and the BB loading slot on the other. Safety is located near the trigger on the right side and can be conveniently accessed by right handed shooters.
- Insane FPS and good accuracy with heavier BBs. 450+ on a pistol! Initial test was done with .20 gram BBs at 25 feet. 2" groupings were no problem. Moved to 50 feet and tested .20, .23, and .25 gram BBs. The lighter .20 gram BBs started to drift a bit, but the .23 gram and .25 gram BBs were still grouping beautifully. To show you an example of 1911's crazy firepower, I had one errant .25 gram BB that spun to the right and ricochet'd off my target's frame. When I examined the spot, there was a nice BB sized hole that spider webbed out. I opened the frame to see how bad the damage was. Apparently, the BB broke through the first plastic outer layer, cracked the inner plastic layer, and rebounded back out of the original hole. At 50 feet away. The target was pretty shoddy plastic to begin with, but it was an impressive display of force.
- Full metal construction aside from the grip plate. The weight of the gun imparts a feeling of reliability and durability.
- Extremely efficient gas. I didn't keep track, but the first CO2 cartridge easily surpassed the 100 shot mark.
- Full metal construction is kept simple and comes at a cost. There are no functioning external parts aside from the mag eject button and safety. No moving slide, no working hammer, nothing. Just 2 metal halves held together by screws. I actually consider this a plus since it means virtually no maintenance and worries. But should something happen, I can imagine getting to the innards to fix the problem would be pretty difficult. There's no access to the workings of the gun without unscrewing it completely.
- 12 rds. Since refilling it is not something you can do quickly, the low rd count can be a big issue if you're planning on using it in a skirmish (at 450 fps, I hope your enemies are wearing protection).
- Pulling the trigger past a certain point and then releasing it can cause a BB to stick. It's only happened to me once, and I was able clear the barrel with a shake, causing the BB to roll out the front tip. Once you start seriously pulling the trigger, you'll have to stay the course and fire.
- The plastic slide grip. The one true fault I have about this gun. You could say it gets the job done. It's textured and blends in nicely with the rest of the gun. Slides open quite quickly on button press. But with the gun's full metal construction, the fact that this piece is made of lightweight plastic stands out. And if you press it in a certain way, it has a slight wiggle. Definitely not a deal breaker though. Once you have the 1911 in hand, you won't notice the plastic.
If there were an aftermarket metal grip plate, I would buy it in a heartbeat as it would make this pistol perfect (if authenticity is not an issue of course). The ridiculous FPS coupled with heavier weight BBs results in very good accuracy. Completely metal construction comes at the cost of a non functioning exterior, but also gives it rock hard durability and good heft. If someone were looking for a full metal gas powered pistol with intimidating firepower and no maintenance, this is definitely an ideal gun. At this price point, you'd be hard-pressed to find any pistol with the same qualities that Win Gun's 1911 does so well. "This is a great gun. I only purchase full metal airsoft guns so this gun fit the bill. I love the weight and feel of this gun. I haven't dropped it yet but I'm sure it would easily survive some rough handling.
Pros: Built to last
about 100 bbs on one CO2
Cons: internal mag
15 BBs per mag
Overall this is an excellent gun and for around $55 its an ok deal. Based on the previous reviews I'm assuming it used to be $40 which would have been a better price. The only problem is the low capacity of the mag. Does anyone know where I can find mags for this gun? "this is a great gun. i just wish that they made it more clear that it had a built in magazine, meaning that there is no removable magazine which can some times be hard to reload with out a speed loader. other than that there is nothing bad about this gun, and is a great side arm for anyone especially for the money. Read More Reviews Write a Review
« Back to product description
WG High Power Full Metal 1911 Compact Airsoft Co2 Powered Gas Pistol - Black / Black Grip
A signature release by Win Gun; a compact 1911 maximizing the efficiency of a "non-blowback" at an amazing price tag. For those looking for a high power non-blowback, this handgun does it all with a awesome 450+ FPS and it's beautiful exterior construction, finish and realistic weight.
This hand gun fires over 400 FPS and may not be applicable for fields with FPS limit under 400 FPS
Black Slide, Frame and Hand Grip.
WG / Win Gun. US Distribution: TSD Sports / P-Force / Matrix.
12 gram CO2 cartridges.
Caliber / BB:
6mm Airsoft bb. 0.25g or heavier / Matrix & Compatible high grade bbs recommended for best performance, accuracy and range.
Semi-Automatic / Safety
Non-Blowback / Semi-Automatic.
450~500+ FPS. Measured with 0.20g bb.
Gas Pistol, Magazine, Manual, Adjustment tool and small pack of bb.
1 rounds. (Built-in internal magazine.)
Features: 450+ FPS High Power output, performance, range, accuracy, and durability. Highly efficient innovative CO2 system fires over 120+ BB's on one CO2 cartridge at over 450+FPS. 1:1 Scale with hidden 12g Co2 compartment for enhanced realism. Heavy weight design for maximum durability and realism. Full Metal Slide, frame, hammer, trigger, barrel, sights...where it should be metal, is. Railed Frame for tactical light, laser and other accessories / attachments. (20mm standard weaver rail.) Functional on frame safety. Serrated slide. Ergonomic polymer / textured 1911 hand grip. Adjustable Rear Sight.
This product was added to our catalog on Thursday 20 August, 2009.
Wanna chat about
WG High Power Full Metal 1911 Compact Airsoft Co2 Powered Gas Pistol - Black / Black Grip?
Have questions about this item? We monitor these comments daily, but it may be faster to
email us directly or call us at 1-626-286-0360.